Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Thumbtacks posted:

I might start playing this again, start from scratch and get the DLC and stuff.

I did see a video that made me laugh, though. Can someone explain why his framerate goes to absolute poo poo around 1:30? I'm not super familiar with how MK works but it looks kind of like the perfect block hits the orb and it triggers back and forth like eight times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf8DRVsUYeE

Man you know what.

Capcom I don't even need Dragons Dogma 2 or Dragons Dogma online.

Just get me a PC port of Dark Arisen or at least a PS4 re-master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Graphics don't mean poo poo. Give me a 60fps Dragon's Dogma and I'll play it with X360/PS3 graphics.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gibbed posted:

More beta bosses:

The last one is a mean dragon that spits water. Didn't manage to kill it since it's level 20.

Also, large trees can be climbed, not sure they realized the implications of that:

We are never gonna get this game are we :smith:

Would love to play this game with friends even if I have to pay for a bunch of F2p poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CountingWizard posted:

Looking at VGchartz, How the heck did the original Dragon's Dogma only sell 370,000 units in North America? It's the perfect western RPG from Japan in years. In Japan it sold 720,000 units, no wonder they haven't brought it to PC or mentioned a North American release.

how well did Dark Arisen do?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

^^

If I had to guess a VPN on a router that the PS3/4 was connected to.

gibbed posted:

Apparently CBT2 will not require any signup, anyone who wants in will be able to play from PS3/PS4/PC. You will need a VPN for the initial launcher connection to get around the IP block.

Lets hypothetically pretend I wanted to do this. Where do I complete the account signup.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 15, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

When does CBT 2 start?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gibbed posted:

There's a downloadable benchmark for DDO now:
https://members.dd-on.jp/info/detail/4/119

There's now a page about fees/pricing of stuff in DDO:
http://www.dd-on.jp/policy/purchase/

All platforms, download & basic play is free.
There won't be any in-game content or high-end gear locked to paying players.

Examples of stuff they'll put in the store:
  • XP boosts.
  • Storage expansion.
  • Appearance customization for Arisen/Pawn.
1 gold stone = 100 CAP (I think)
1 CAP = 1 yen

Going with that, using Google to convert exchange rates:
  • 15 gold stones = ~$12
  • 9 gold stones = ~$7
  • 6 gold stones = ~$5
  • 5 gold stones = ~$4
  • 4 gold stones = ~$3
  • 1 gold stone = ~$0.80
Gold stones can be used for:
  • Reviving arisen/pawn (1 gold stone).
  • Adventure passport (15 gold stones): lasts for 30 days. Reviving is free, enables storage boxes in other cities, warping is free. Increases quest limit, auction limit. Probably other bonuses I missed.
  • XP boost (4 gold stones), lasts for 3 hours.
  • Item boost (4 gold stones), lasts for 3 hours.
  • Grand mission point boost (6 gold stones), lasts for 6 hours.
  • Gachapon/lottery (3 gold stones, or 30 silver tickets). Gambling!
  • Hire a master crafting pawn (5 gold stones). Lasts for either 30 days or until you use up the crafts the pawn has. I'm assuming they have 10, like regular hired pawns. The page says something about the number of crafts depending on the mastery, so who knows.
  • Barbershop (5 gold stones?). I think it's 5 gold stones per thing changed.
  • Pawn voice (9 gold stones). Voice packs of popular voice actors.
August 7th starting at 12PM to August 10th ending at 10AM (note, times in Japan).

Apparently you will receive rewards for getting to at least level 5 in CBT2 when the game goes live:
  • Adventure passport (3 days) × 1
  • XP boost (3 hours) × 1
  • Item boost (3 hours) × 1

Also, here's a cleaner screenshot of that water dragon thing I posted of earlier:

Sweet so it looks like the Adventure Passport is a psudo subscription.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Probably similar to Rez sickness if you don't run back to your Body in Wow.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

hmm, downloaded the client, logged into it, but am seeing this

My Gut is telling me it's some kind of beta key I need but I can't find where I would get one.

Yeah, going back to my one semester in Japanese the katakana is asking me for a Coupon Code of some kind

Dexo fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 1, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gibbed posted:

Looks like this has been fixed, so if you want to get the client downloaded, you can.

Haven't tried it today, but I'm getting a bunch of popup error messages with the only option being OK

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hmmm

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Torabi posted:

Spent five hours figuring out the squiggly lines and how to navigate the ui. The google translate app was essential, photographing my screen with my phone and getting some fractured Engrish results. Good enough to get the gist of quest descriptions and stuff. Also it appears that you need a pawn before you can play coop with others.

So far the game feels like Dragon's Dogma with multiplayer and some combat tweaks. Which is exactly what I wanted. Doesn't beat a proper non-f2p sequel but at least it is Dragon's Dogma on PC with glorious 1080p@60.

Wait Google Translate can do pictures?

holy poo poo. I'm dumb.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Streaming some DDO on a hunter right now

http://www.twitch.tv/dexo1123/

Edit:

And it's done,

Archive up here for those remotely interested.

http://www.twitch.tv/dexo1123/b/682064785

Dexo fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 10, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Clever Spambot posted:

I guess some person on reddit uncompressed the games .arc files during the beta and managed to make a patch that translated a few bits of UI and plans to continue doing so when the main game comes out. They seem to be doing it just using google translate and cleaning it up using context and knowledge of how things were localized in dark arisen so they probably wont be able to do any of the story bits.

Did anyone see if the beta let you keep playing the game if you turn off your VPN after logging in on the launcher? I forgot to try.

It worked for me as soon as the green button appeared turn it off

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

titties posted:

Really want to play DDO but I don't know how you guys can do it without a translation since I don't wakarimasen nihongo. How do you know what the skills do? What the items are for? If a quest doesn't give a marker then how do you have any idea how to anything?

Reddit had a translation patch for CBT2 with some basic translations for stuff dunno if it works on live.

For stuff you can't just intuit from standard gaming stuff you can take a picture and receive a google translate version of what you see on screen, and try to intuit from that

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google-translate/id414706506?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.translate&hl=en

Dexo fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 28, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Apperantly DDON goes up at 12 PM in japan :smith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Streaming some of DDO Online.

http://www.twitch.tv/dexo1123/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I said come in! posted:

In DDO, one of the quests asks that I use Explosive Arrow on a training goblin, but I don't have that ability, what did I miss?

R1 and pull the trigger. It's a basic ability all hunters have without needing to buy/equip

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I said come in! posted:

What is that on keyboard/mouse? It doesn't show as an ability I have. Just so we are clear, this is dragons dogma online. I tried Googling this by the way but there's very little info on DDO so far.

drat I dunno on Mouse and Keyboard. Thought about playing it as my huntering is sucking compared to what I could do with a mouse.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gently caress yes

https://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/09/08/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-to-pc

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also Buy it because it may make it slightly more likely(from no chance in hell to if all the cards align perfectly) DDON comes out

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

FuriousGeorge posted:

Is it weird that this is now my most anticipated release despite having already put 200 hours into it? If ever a game desperately needed a PC port to make it shine, it's Dragon's Dogma.

Now I can sell off this stupid PS3.

My 360 is still hooked up only for Dark Arisen. I can finally retire my launch 360. No red rings, no issues it has served me well for like a drat decade.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Megafunk posted:

I can't loving believe it. Why now? Did they just suddenly have the time/resources to do this?

Because Dragon's Dogma Online is out and a bunch of the developers on DDON which aren't needed for post release development need something to do while they figure out their next project.

That's my guess anyway.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Fereydun posted:

60 fps 1080p dragma ha ha HAAAA

i wonder how they're gonna manage the pawn server stuff

Probably not that difficult. Put up a server. It's not like the PS3/360 versions didn't have comical amounts of hacking on pawn saves.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

They didn't really try to lock down online. They treated it the same as they treat all of their other Capcom Online games as far as I can tell.

I know MonHun has a Japanese IP block on it as well.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Scalebound is also like a year and a half off from the thing we saw at Gamescom. What we saw was just a slightly more polished prototype proof of concept build.

If it still looks that Sparse next year in demos than sure. But Kamiya rarely disappoints

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

That smooth FPS :allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mad Dragon posted:

Mystic Knight full moon slashing three great cannons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEgp-eaUH28

Yeaaaaah Bout a minute 10 or so in

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Thats a lot more options than I was expecting from this. I wish there were some gameplay changes to make better use of the mouse and keyboard's functionality like putting items on a quick use hotbar so you don't have to completely stop the gameplay and go to a very slow menu anytime you want to use an item or switch out your lantern (The worst is getting wet and having to put it away + get it back out again) but just running at 60 FPS is worth another buy from me. Also I never got dark arisen so I'm looking forward to that content.

Even if the mouse and keyboard controls end up being bad, I feel like this is the kind of game that would intrinsically work much better with a controller anyway so it probably won't matter.

Won't be a slow menu on the PC hopefully.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Blacktoll posted:

Wait, did I read that right? The game is coming out mid-december?

That's when the preorder and prepurchase stuff.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It's gonna suck not having 30 seconds to react to enemies attacks anymore.

Might actually have to get good at this game.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Dragon's Dogma remains the only game I've ever played where it's fun to be an archer.

This but a spell caster.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I wonder if the Berserk Items are actually gone or "Gone".

Lord knows they probably aren't changing the XML file system the game saves are stored in. those Saves are easy as hell to edit. Maybe they just removed the references in the game to it but leave it on the disk.

Also maybe I can just move my Save from the Xbox Version to the PC Version.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

That's what I meant. We getting a spreadsheet going or some kind of steam group?

I would make a steam group. But you probably still have to friend people for them to be free.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Apperantly Press has access to the PC version already. Austin Walker of Giant Bomb has a PC build.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Isn't Dangan japanese for bullet.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Make a new thread imo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Replace 4k with 60fps and that works for me.

Dunno if it fits

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Holy poo poo this class looks awesome. Alchemist I guess is the name of the class they are adding to DDON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4htPIBCX88

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

here's this for people looking for into free, i just made a sweet music video for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE1JUZFFi8M

You realize Content ID doesn't give a gently caress about what you name it or the contents of it. It's a direct comparison. Youtube picked up that the song was Dangan and then applied whatever copyright poo poo it needed to apply to it.

• Locked thread