Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
IGNlol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Idea for main/pawn combo: Blackadder and Baldrick

Might make my characters tonight to save time on release day

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

I'm an hour or two in and I think my Arisen looks a bit crap, might just restart for that

Love my Pawn though (tried to recreate Andre the Giant), would that keep over? Dont think it would take that long to recreate in any case, one of the basic character presets was 90% of the way there

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

edit: nevermind

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Where are the best places to put portcrystals in DA?

Thinking of near the shadowfort (the camp maybe), seem to be travelling that road a lot at the moment

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Started game as fighter, switched to Assassin (which I really enjoy playing)

I Maxed out Assassin Vocation, should I switch to something else now? Feels like I would be missing out on by not improving a different vocation

Tried going back to fighter briefly, but man, it feels so slow compared to the double jumping, dodging, sprinting assassin

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Vargs posted:

Fighter and Warrior have some really great augments (+10% strength, extending "very light" weight class by 20, 25% reduced weapon skill stamina costs, +20% strength), and while they don't quite have the strength/stamina gains of an assassin, their stat growths are still pretty good. I'd say it's worth maxing them out. They definitely are slower classes, but they're fun in their own way.

There are a couple items that can greatly speed up vocation ranks, but one of them is in the post-game, and while you can get the other immediately after the tutorial, doing it at lower levels kinda requires you to know exactly where you're going as you sprint past everything in early BBI.

Cheers, gone back to fighter (only two vocation points left to get on that one so might as well max it out, then give warrior a go)

It's fun going back to a class you haven't played as in a while, especially if you've been finding weapons and bits of armour that you couldn't use before throughout the game

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

2D FTP Dragon's Dogma spinoff thing coming to Vita in Japan

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-05-dragons-dogma-quest-is-a-f2p-online-2d-rpg-for-ps-vita

quote:

The latest issue of Japanese magazine Famitsu has revealed Dragon's Dogma Quest, a free-to-play online 2D role-playing game for PlayStation Vita.

According to Famitsu, via Siliconera, Dragon's Dogma Quest will launch in Japan this autumn. Publisher Capcom is yet to confirm a western release.

The spin-off is described as "fast-paced" - that is, it's designed to be played on the go. The focus is on strategy rather than action, and you decide your strategy based on the enemy's appearance, apparently.

There are dungeons, towns, villages and sub-quests. With online multiplayer, your four pawns can team up with a friend's four pawns, making for party maximum of eight.

We'll ask Capcom about the possibility of a UK release.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Ugh, the last boss of bitterblack isle, can get it down to 3 health bars , but it takes so long, sucks to spend half an hour fighting a boss, then die (got a few wakestones)

Guess I just have to grind for a bit and stock up on curatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Are you using demon's (magic) or conqueror's (strength) periapts four at a time? If not do so, they'll make things go considerably quicker.

thanks for the tip. Went back to the boss with the stockpile of items I had collected over the course of the game. Jumping onto his back, popping some Liquid vim and conqueror's periapts, then letting loose with holy enchanted hundred kisses did the trick

I was really close to getting nailed by one of those death bolts during the last bit of his final health bar which would've really sucked

• Locked thread