Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Superconsndar posted:

Foxes killing everything that moves. Got a Pyrenees bc I ain't got TIME. Chief 2: The Reckoning began yesterday.

"None of you understand, I'm not trapped in here with you. You're trapped in here with me!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Brillig posted:

This cat has been there for me so many times when my heart has been broken and all I needed in the world was something that loved me and gave me love. She shouldn't have cancer. She's only six and she's my princess.

I'm sorry. :(: My old girl also has cancer. It's rough. Just do what you can to give her good quality of life, it's obvious that you adore her. We can't fix everything, and sadly we can't even protect them from everything, but we can do our best to keep them happy as long as possible.

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
The vet has already recommended euthanasia when we decide it's time. But of course, how do you decide it's time? Especially with cats, who hide their suffering so well? Especially with an incredibly feisty, stubborn cat who is actively trying to be her normal self? She's in obvious pain, and a cat who is showing pain is probably in a lot more pain than they're letting on... But she's also still eating, being vocal, being an attention whore... It would feel like murder to put her to sleep right now. But I'll feel cruel if I wait too long selfishly because I don't want to lose her.

I feel like she's still trying to make me feel better even though she's the one who's dying. It's unbearable.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Yeah, it's difficult to make a hard and fast rule. For me, it's when she stops eating and becomes really lethargic--but I broke my own rule recently when she got a respiratory infection, which cleared up after a round of antibiotics and some truly stinky amino acid goo. Like your cat, she still seems happy and is playing and cuddling--that much liveliness certainly can't be masking complete misery (I hope). You have to also be compassionate with yourself and believe that whatever choice you make is the right one for you and your cat.

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.
So I may as well tell you guys too I guess, my uncle with the beagles has been diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer and has a prognosis of months to live. It's utterly devastating obviously.

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
That's terrible about your uncle. I'm sorry and I wish him as much love and as little pain as he can get. :smith:

As for my cat... I had lingering doubts and worries so I pushed for more testing. I didn't get any good news, but at least my questions are answered and I won't kill myself for the rest of my life wondering if I missed something. The refined diagnosis is that it's more likely to be FIP than cancer. She's still dying either way.

We're going to try a different medication for her pain. She's being a wild hellbeast about taking pills, so liquid is next. I hope she can at least feel better for a while. She's got so much fight in her, and seems relatively happy in spite of everything. Since she's limping and the vet thinks it's spinal involvement, my decision to put her to sleep will likely happen when she has too much of a mobility problem. Or if her pain clearly worsens too much for the medicine and she's not happy any more.

My sweet one... :smith:

Brillig fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 9, 2014

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Yep. Res'ing this thread. Deal with it.

And care of the fine folks in PYF

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

BAD SNAKE NO BITE

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

kalli such derp much fixed by operation wow :3:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Good Kalli. :3: Get it, girlie.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
The penalty in my house for grabbing something out of the fridge and not sharing. Also a Penny update :3:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

That is a Grade A Hound you have there sir.

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

My cat has been as happy as could be expected for the last couple of months since her terminal diagnosis... But it changed in the last couple of days and now it seems like she's started suffering more than we can bear to let her. We've made the appointment to put her to sleep tomorrow morning. I've never been in a position to plan euthanasia ahead of time before. It feels so wrong.

I'm glad we got the extra time with her. She's such a strong girl. I'm going to miss her so much.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Holy crap guys, virtual dog dissection.

http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/vetneuro/VCA3/vca.html

The 'Donate' button does not allow you to give them your shitbull for legitimate veterinary study, I already checked.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Over two months since the last post here, holy poo poo. Guess facebook killed PI. I got kicked off cos I don't want my SA username and real name linked :(

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
Talk to the admin, if she knows who you are she'll prob let you stay, there are a few goons who don't have their SA names listed. That or maybe create a dummy facebook account under your SA username? A few people have done that.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

I was genuinely weirded out for a moment there seeing RN pop up in my bookmarks again

(longlivefacebook)

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Filboid Studge posted:

Over two months since the last post here, holy poo poo. Guess facebook killed PI. I got kicked off cos I don't want my SA username and real name linked :(

I've given people the option to be a mystery goon since like. A week into the group's life. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

In my opinion anyone on the pet island facebook has no reason not to post here. I honestly don't even know why it still exists. It all seems silly to me when we can post the same stuff over here.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

There's a lot less shouting and obvious drunk-posting here. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it's not overt. So take RN, remove those two things, and you have two months of silence. :haw:

Also roughly 10 times as much punctuation compared to PIFB.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

In my opinion anyone on the pet island facebook has no reason not to post here. I honestly don't even know why it still exists. It all seems silly to me when we can post the same stuff over here.

You tend to behave a little more on here than on PIFB anyway, so if I want to see your (generally valid and well reasoned) opinion, I'd rather see it through a filter that isn't A;FKHAGHAIURNVAINREGFUIAER.

PI: place for info
PIFB: place for info + venting + laughing at dogmoms while being dogmoms + etc

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

mcswizzle posted:

You tend to behave a little more on here than on PIFB anyway, so if I want to see your (generally valid and well reasoned) opinion, I'd rather see it through a filter that isn't A;FKHAGHAIURNVAINREGFUIAER.

PI: place for info
PIFB: place for info + venting + laughing at dogmoms while being dogmoms + etc

I don't know what you're talking about. Everybody knows I don't have facebook.

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

PUPPY!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I want to get excited for people posting here again but PIFB has broken my heart too many times to get my hopes up again.

Has Moses eaten Frankie yet?

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.
Just to let everyone know while this thread is around again, my uncle with the beagles died a couple of months ago - just 9 weeks after his diagnosis. gently caress cancer etc etc etc.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I've had Major for 4 years now so we had some cake.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Gary had an operation.

He got stoned.

Clipped hair means you can see the scar from his last op.

2 stitches. Easy. All done!

He had the pins out from his cruciate surgery a few years ago because the bone was starting to dissolve around them or something. They practically fell out according to the vet. He seems to be in less discomfort now, yay.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I want to get excited for people posting here again but PIFB has broken my heart too many times to get my hopes up again.

Has Moses eaten Frankie yet?

The shitbulls killed all my livestock, and finally, each other, after mauling me severely. I stopped posting here because I don't have any animals any more. (And because typing is difficult given the injuries I sustained in the mauling. It's difficult to talk about.) Without any pets to post about I don't have that much to contribute anymore I guess. Hopefully once I recover from my injuries I can just get knocked up and start posting in the pregnancy megathread.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Superconsndar posted:

The shitbulls killed all my livestock, and finally, each other, after mauling me severely. I stopped posting here because I don't have any animals any more. (And because typing is difficult given the injuries I sustained in the mauling. It's difficult to talk about.) Without any pets to post about I don't have that much to contribute anymore I guess. Hopefully once I recover from my injuries I can just get knocked up and start posting in the pregnancy megathread.

God speed, Super. God speed.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

I thought you were already pregnant?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

I miscarried due to the trauma of the mauling. Hopefully, with time, I will be ready to try again.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Can we see the shrine to your miscarried fetus or is it too soon (i.e. it's not done yet)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:stare:... :stonk:...
Jesus christ, I was kidding!

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Superconsndar posted:

I miscarried due to the trauma of the mauling. Hopefully, with time, I will be ready to try again.

Please don't. Your poison womb is making heaven too loving crowded.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:stare:... :stonk:...
Jesus christ, I was kidding!

Every time my mangled body has a period now I cry until the tears wash the blood away because That Is Where My Baby Was.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Pile of Kittens posted:

Can we see the shrine to your miscarried fetus or is it too soon (i.e. it's not done yet)

I'm still collecting fetal bone shards from the dogs turd piles to include, but I will post pics as soon as it is finished. God bless.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Serella posted:

Please don't. Your poison womb is making heaven too loving crowded.

Jesus will always need more angels for His army.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Superconsndar posted:

Jesus will always need more angels for His army.

If his army is a bunch of dead fetus angels then why do people fight abortion so much?

checkmate atheists?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
fetus angels make for lovely soldiers, satan just steps on them and cries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

wtftastic posted:

If his army is a bunch of dead fetus angels then why do people fight abortion so much?

checkmate atheists?

It's like the army in Starship Troopers. They have to take you. And ultimately the army is weaker for it.

quote:

But if you came in here in a wheel chair and blind in both eyes and were silly enough to insist on enrolling, they would find something silly enough to match. Counting the fuzz on a caterpillar by touch, maybe. The only way you can fail is by having psychiatrists decide that you are not able to understand the oath.

So Heaven has a large contingent of red wrigglers pulling bass-bait and thematic decoration duty in Heaven. Maybe do a tour of Hell and taunt the damned.

Also, Supes, I heard your last remaining dog started to devour it's self and you have some kind of hellish pit bouroboros rolling around the yard. What do the neighbors think about that?

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 14, 2014

• Locked thread