Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

TVs Ian posted:

His name is Nori.

Aaaaaaa He's adorable :3::3: And he sounds like a sweetheart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Neena posted:

:catstare: Seriously, they couldn't loving type PENIS more than once?

But 'penis' is a bad, bad, dirty word :qq:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

paisleyfox posted:

If they don't use Bitch and Dog, I usually see breeders say Sire and Dam. Some of my favorites even use Mother and Father (and even Grandparents). v :) v

Why does everything need fancy words? It's like boats with starboard and port. Just say left and right! Just say 'Mother and Father' :psyduck: Why complicate things?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

TVs Ian posted:

Sooooooo there is someone interested in adopting Nori, a friend of a friend to my sister in law. And the girls Facebook profile picture is of herself......in a full sparkle dog fur suit.

Question is, what is a polite way to be HaHAAAno?

"Not just no, but HELL no."

Politeness does not apply here. (Though I will admit it takes some not inconsiderable balls to post that kind of picture as your Facebook profile pic.)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Dog that I would deeply love to own: Great Dane, Pyrenees, St. Bernard, Mastiff... Something huge and/or enormously fluffy :3:

Dog that I would never own in a million billion years: Chihuahua, Pom, Chinese-Crested... basically anything I could accidentally step on :ohdear:

At the moment I unwillingly 'own' (sort of, stuff is going on with the grandmother who left her with us, we'll see) an allegedly 'purebred' Shih-Tzu and while I was initially skeptical she is just oh so well behaved :3: and she plays with Clinton and he adores her. I suppose she gets an exception.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 25, 2012

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

CompactFanny posted:

Dogs I would never get: pug

This would be more convincing if Frankie weren't :staredog:-ing at me from your avatar.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

Any particular type of cat you would own/not own? I love doll-face Himalayan cattes but I really don't think I could deal with all of the fur.

Sphinx skin-kitties :3::3: I want a billion of them.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yes. Yes, I think you are. :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Oh my god, the Highlander looks so :smith:, I just wanna love him and pet him and :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Balen :3: He looks quite dapper all his many, many hats.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

TVs Ian posted:

Is there a good reason why you need to know that you should tell us? :D

Dark, because we had to take it from the hallway, but this is his fierce little noise....and his ears are deciding whether to stand or not :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHPbiYvVriw

:razz:

I wanna boop that nose so badly :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Bear Rape posted:

It would be great if someone named their cat Narcissus. :allears:

Done and done, if/when we ever get another cat :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

What, Arwen wasn't an option? :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Requesting pictures of Lola's new haircut :haw: (come to think of it, the puppy could use a trim, too.)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Oh my god, so tiny. So adorable. This is the best thing to see before going to bed :3::hf::3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That expression :3: Something between confusion, anger, and general apathy. The face only a cat can make.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The shiba puppies are awake for once!

Whole lotta nose-nommin'.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The shi-tzu pup we're looking after did that last night. I gave her a little tiny treat and she was so goddamn excited to get a treat she just snapped it up and held it in her mouth while wagging her tail so hard it was uncurling. I couldn't get a picture because I was laughing too hard.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Radio! posted:

One of my parents' extremely obese cats stole a pancake from me once. At entire pancake.

The next day he tried to make off with a whole container of coconut macaroons.

Conway has a habit of stealing entire loaves of bread if we don't put them where he can't get to them. I... have no idea why. :psyduck: He doesn't like bread. I know he doesn't like it. But he'll grab the bread bag in his mouth and chuck it to the floor and happily drag it away if you let him.

One of my childhood cats, Echo (All-black cat with bright green eyes :3: He was purty) demanded a sacrifice whenever we made bacon and eggs every sunday before we fell out of the tradition. Make the bacon, make one extra piece and break it up into the food bowl, and he's happy. Deny him the sacrifice, and he will find a way to steal every single other piece before anyone else gets it. He didn't just look like a ninja cat, I'd swear he was one.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jun 19, 2012

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Some kind of dog/deer hybrid, judging by those ears :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Feldman is somehow much less goblinesque then Frankie. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

He's gorgeous :3: But I find my eye drawn to the TV behind him. What the hell is goin' on there?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I've never seen a not-derfy Golden :allears: They're just so happy!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Super I think those are the first non-horrifying pics of Frankie I've ever seen :3: They're all adorable together.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Nione posted:

he suggested I vacuum my cats.

:catstare:

He recommended a shop vac.

My old cat Miss Kitty (shut up I was like 10) used to loving love being vacuumed. Every other cat would scatter like roaches when the vacuum roared on, but she'd come ambling over and flop onto her back for the hose attachment :3:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

This is last page (and I laughed, too) but why is the stuffed dog thing's chest covered with a mosaic...? :raise:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Levitate posted:

It gives my dialup problems

Well, thats what you get for still using dialup :smugbert: More Moses pics! More!

I'd post a plethora of the little curly-haired demon pup that I'm pretty sure is unofficially ours (Were supposed to only dogsit it for a month...three months ago) but the camera seems to be under lock and key.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 17, 2012

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Clearly the only solution is to go take 12 more pictures of Frankie. :haw:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Am I in the right here or am I taking it too seriously? :sigh:

My :airquote:grandmother:airquote: on my mother's side (airquotes are an entirely different E/N story, woman is a bitch and I refuse to acknowledge her as my grandmother) several months ago left a shi-tzu puppy with us to look after for a month, I believe I posted pictures of the little dustmop towards the tail end of the last thread. Well, that one month turned into two, then three, then who the hell knows when. We've raised the puppy for the majority of her little life, Clinton loves her to pieces, the cats... tolerate her as much as cats tolerate other four-legged creatures, and my niece similarly adores her. Yet my 'grandmother' still insists on at some point pulling her out of this home and... replacing her with another puppy for our trouble! Cause dogs are like interchangeable parts, right :haw:?

Am I in the right being hellaciously annoyed with her and my mother for this, or am I being childish?

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 18, 2012

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Bash Ironfist posted:

Oh god Hex, I love that catte! :allears: :swoon:

By the way, do you have that link to the catsmacking video? I want to show it to a friend of mine. :3:

Right here! http://youtu.be/G8TObHxa1WY :3: Hex makes me want a sphynx so badly.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Superconsndar posted:

is selfish spoiled bitch syndrome a disease

Yes. My sister and my niece both have it. :( That puppy deserves so much goddamn better.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Name him Gumbo. When they object, demand a name out of them right that very second.

And yaaay, Frankie has someone to play with :neckbeard:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

Pretty kitty :3:

Molly works, I think. She strikes me as a Sadie (say-dee), but don't take my suggestions very seriously; My family is not known for our skill with animal names. My grandmother has a 20-year-old orange tabby named Puppy, sooo :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Hnnnnnnnnnng, those whiskers. THOSE FEETS. Wanna stick my finger in them.

:3::3: It may sound weird I know but this is the best loving thing to do. It's even better when the cat just accepts it and glares at you, or doesn't even look up and just kinda clenches his paw and squeezes your fingertip, like Tux does :kimchi:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Superconsndar posted:

I ONLY RAN TO THE KITCHEN FOR FIVE SECONDS TO ANSWER THE PHONE.

:haw: Got the baby!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:psyduck: First I've heard of a stigma against dudes with cats. No wonder the ladies don't like me :saddowns: I have 7! Granted, it was 5 originally, Athos and Porthos came along via an accidental pregnancy before we could get Cassandra fixed and we couldn't find them homes before they clawed their way into our hearts, but we are absolutely adamant- No more. We're at the limit of how many we can feed and take care of; the animals get better food then we do :saddowns:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 22, 2012

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Oh yeah, that's a possum. See the little bastards all the time here, in both Angry and Road Pizza form.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Popof seriously looks like a stuffed animal. :3: Wanna play with his mushy face.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah, it was funny for about two days, but its lost its charm. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:cripes: I'm about at the end of my rope. My "grandmother" who continues to justify my refusing to acknowledge her as such apparently intends to get my niece a puppy, to replace the shi-tzu puppy, supposedly hers, that we've been looking after for half a year now. Because dogs are totally interchangeable and won't notice if you swap one for another, right?! :iamafag:

Ugh. If she'd stuck to her loving word about only looking after her for a month, it wouldn't be such a problem, but unless she intends to pay us back for all the money we've dumped on this pup, am I wrong for thinking she's unofficially ours? We've paid for food, vet visits, haircuts, bathed this dog, done literally everything while she hasn't done a goddamn thing. Yet still insists she has a claim on it. Yes, you have a few pieces of paper proclaiming her a pure-bred shi-tzu. Yay. :geno: I hate this woman...

• Locked thread