Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

TVs Ian posted:

So this puppy has absolutely never been inside a house before today. Born under the deck, raised in the yard :banjo: but he's doing ok.

Playing in the yard definitely turns on his 'happy' switch, tethering makes him want to eat his leash, he has the fattest paws and likes to slap with them and so far, he seems to really enjoy being in a crate. Wife plopped him in there, he curled up and snoozed for about 2 hours. Play break in the yard, an hour tethered on the couch, potty break and now he's quietly chewing on a puppy nylabone in the crate again. :3:

All of our dogs are either gently saying hi or effectively ignoring him. Tonka however has no idea what to make of this thing. At all.

His name is Nori.

ETA: Holy crap, those are big sheep. :stare:

I had a kitty named Nori...well, short for Noriko because I'm a nerd like that. She's awesome, but my ex-boyfriend got her in the breakup. She was sassy and liked to slap things with her paws too!

What I'm trying to say is....:3: Such big paws! I bet he's going to have an adorable awkward-teen phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

TVs Ian posted:

That is all so awesome, yay for adopting older dogs!

And yes, I realize nothing obligates that we need to politely decline any furry adoption applications but still....I feel badly saying to things......rudely.

Anyhow, rest assured we will not let this puppy be harmed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVrstmpHn7k

Those paws! I want that pup :swoon:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

InEscape posted:

She's a little clingy.

I love Dina's coloring, she has a crown! :3:

She's also Very Serious looking.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Skizzles posted:

Someone shared this dog on Facebook... look at it. :stare:

She just got adopted. :3:

My first thought was that it looks like the black version of

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Malalol posted:

http://www.adoptapet.com/pet7211047.html
look at dis pibble i want dis pibble :ohdear:

I really need to stop browsing through dogs. Its like shopping. I hope I'm not the only one who does this.

But he's not a pibble, he's a "basenji mix" :rolleyes:

He is a cutie though! I do the same thing, even though it's torture since I can't have any more animals right now :(

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
Can I take a moment to vent about how EXTREMELY DIFFICULT it is to study for the bar exam when you have to remove the cat sitting on your books every two seconds? It's like constantly having to reset a typewriter, except with more claws and hair.

There is an entire bed available why do you have to have to sit there of all places? :argh:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

paisleyfox posted:

Whelp, it's usually pretty quiet around our place regarding fireworks. SoCal is a different story and apparently freaks Koji the gently caress out. Oh boy, this should be a fun week. :(

In other news, this popped up in my facebook today. The caption read something like: Why does Spot ignore me after his summer cut? QQ

Jesus, I can't believe they shaved so much of his head

On the plus side, he looks like he's wearing a Japanese Noh mask

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
The showdown of the century! Lemon beagle versus lemon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRsd6ekwN9I

Dogs are such slow learners sometimes...

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Bash Ironfist posted:

Also: I see Moses' mouth is increasing with size as he gets older. Soon he will be nothing but a giant head and mouth. The ultimate evolved baby-eating machine.

Basically, Moses will be like Pac Man, only instead of eating ghosts he'll eat babies.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Levitate posted:

Throw the ball. Do it.

That's a pretty serious look. I'd...I'd do what she says :ohdear:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

I would die of :3: if I was at a pet store and saw a pup happily carrying around his own basket while his human put stuff in it

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

McDragon posted:

All dogs are puppydogs to me. Even the lovely old greying ones. I generally sound like an idiot when talking to the dog. Or dogs in generally really. I like calling them Mr or Mrs as well.

Same. I call all dogs "puppy" regardless of age. I think all dogs are puppies at heart :3:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Tamarillo posted:

lovely cellphone pic but...:sigh: lesson learned...bread must be put away, not left on the bench.

That's a great look on his face :3:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

adventure in the sandbox posted:

Here's a picture of Sigma.

:swoon: Such pretty brown eyes!

...Sorry, I'm a sucker for German Shepherds :blush:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Tendai posted:

Oh god oh god oh god cat comes home today I think I might be hyperventilating.

I spent all weekend worrying that she'll get under the bed and never come out.

You'll be fine! They all come out eventually.

...And then you'll take lots of pictures! :3:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
So I was hanging out near the dog park in Union Square yesterday and I had a frustrating thing happen. There was a pibble there that seemed very sweet (and was very pretty!) and wasn't having any problems with the other dogs and was mostly just playing with a toy by herself. Eventually another lady came in with a dog that looked like a lab mix of some sort that started playing with the pit girl that was already there. The other dog kept on stealing her toy and playing the "chase me" game, and the other dog was fine and they seemed to be having fun. Out of nowhere the lab mix attacked the pibble girl, and basically latched onto the side of her neck. The pibble's owner intervened and broke up the fight, and she ultimately seemed okay (didn't look like there was any blood or broken skin or anything, and she was bouncing around again pretty quickly). This being a popular park in New York, however, a crowd was drawn. After the whole thing ended, a woman who was next to me asked what happened to the dog and what breed she was. I said she was a pit bull and that she seemed fine now. The conversation then went like this:

Her: Of course she was a pit bull! Pit bulls are always involved in fights like that. Why do people still have them?

Me: Um, she was the one who was attacked. It was the other dog who was a lab mix that attacked her.

Her: Yeah but pit pulls are ALWAYS involved in this sort of thing, they're terrible dogs and people shouldn't be allowed to own them.

Me: She...wasn't the aggressor though, she was the victim.

Her: Yeah, but she was *~involved~* and pit bulls should be banned. Humans first!

Me: ...No human was at risk her. What you're saying is basically the same thing as blaming a person who was punched because another person came up and punched them.

Her: No, they're always involved, humans first! I always see it in the news and pit bulls are always involved!!

Me: The news is also terrible at identifying dog breeds and almost always neglects the background of how the dog was raised and is cared for. If an owner socializes and trains his dog well, he'll have a good idea of how it will react in certain situations and can act accordingly. There are plenty of good pit bulls out there with good owners.

Her: No one should be allowed pit bulls their too dangerous and they should pass laws banning them!!!

Me: :sigh:

It was so frustrating because she kept saying the same three things over and over again (pit bulls are bad! Humans first! They should ban them!) even when she admitted that it was often the owner's fault and even when there was clearly no basis to support her opinion. She also kept on saying "I don't want to argue" and then would keep on arguing the same goddam points :mad: :mad: :mad:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

wtftastic posted:

So your basic complaint is that you argued with someone with substandard intellect and...they acted stupid and refused to use the four braincells they had to learn something.

I sympathize, but a lot of people are just that stupid. They just fall back on the same three of four things because :downs: thinking is hard and I must be right so if I just keep saying the same thing they'll agree with me!:downs:

Basically, and I know people are still stupid, it's just frustrating. On the plus side, all dogs involved seemed to be fine.

Oh, there was also a guy who brought his cocker spaniel that was in heat to the dog park. He seemed surprised that other dogs kept on trying to hump her. :downs:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
I think PI will appreciate this more realistic version of the sad HSUS ads with Sara Mclachlan playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTrhQd9GHlE

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?
The Oatmeal has a new comic and it's all about the paradox that is DOG that PI will hopefully appreciate:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox?ref=nf

Fun fact, I accidentally wrote that as "paradog"

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Nione posted:

I'm just going to leave this here. Maybe this is the day we can end the debate and recognize the clear superiority of the feline species.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyXJ1sAQtaY

That video's amazing. Hurray for science! :science:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Azrael Alexander posted:

I think Fionna is settling in nicely. :3:

Getting puppy pictures is hard. This was the least blurry one I could get while she was awake.

She's adorable! I love the tongue hanging out in the first picture :3:

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

This is the face of pure, unadulterated misery :qq:

By the time he comes out from under your bed he'll be wearing black eyeliner and studded bracelets and will listen to nothing but My Chemical Romance. You just don't understand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I think you'd have to put forth actual effort to get a puppy to hate you.

I bet it involves lots of stupid outfits, trying to shove him in purses, alpha rolling, and rubbing his nose in accidents.

• Locked thread