Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

This seems dumb compared to most other posts but in Argo the eyeglasses actually had lenses in them, as oppose to the typically lens-less eyeglasses in most movies. I just really liked that you could see reflection in the glass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Maybe I'm just missing it, but what is it you think that means other than someone reusing a cool texture?

Could be a sign that she assisted in creating the city in ways other than conquering foreign lands. Been a while since I saw it in theaters, so maybe Memento it thinking of other things.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Ferrule posted:

Last year Cap was secretly a member of Hydra (so, a nazi) and it pissed lots of people off. He took over the country and imposed facist rule and then like all things turns out he wasn't the real cap and everything is back to status quo.

It sadly was an arc already written before things went tits-up in the real world and it was serridipidous.

I thought it was confirmed that the author or whomever was an alt-liter or something. He had sketchy likes or twits up on twitter.

Cleretic posted:

Honestly, everything about the main conflict of Civil War falls apart because the thing that leads the divide is aimed squarely at controlling the Avengers. In the comics it was a registration act that all supers would be affected by, so each side's leader made sense: Captain America believes in personal freedom, so he's pushing against something that reduces it, meanwhile Iron Man is demanding more structure and control because he's all about solving problems with structure and control, especially when he gets to control it.

In the movie, because it's solely about them, putting those two on the same sides as they were originally just doesn't feel right. Cap isn't fighting for everyone's freedom, he's fighting for their freedom specifically, the Sokovia Accords don't affect anybody else. And Iron Man supporting them is even further out of character, because everything Tony Stark does before, during and after Civil War is him doing poo poo because he's deemed it The Right Thing To Do and refusing to relinquish control over anything (remember how he treats Spider-Man; he never stops acting like this even when saying they shouldn't). Neither characters' motivation makes sense, and honestly very few of the others do either.

Also they can't play the 'whose side are you on' cards when the leader of only one side is in the movie's title. Even DC figured that part out, come on guys.

...I may have really disliked that movie.

Apparently the movie was never supposed to happen. DC release their teaser for their batman movie, and Marvel pushed up the Captain America movie to make it into Civil War. Before, it was supposed to be Captain America: Serpent Society. The general plot was something like Cap and Falcon run around Europe cleaning up old hydra bases/groups while trying to find Bucky. The one hydra baddie Frank Grillo played was to be the main villain.

Honestly I really hated that Civil War movie. Too much tony stark in what was supposed to be a buddy cop movie with Cap and Falcon :(

Um wait. This is the subtle movie moments, not the irrationally irritating moments one.

Uhhh I liked the part in Civil War with the pen that signed executive order 9066? Also that Bucky's mouth was all hosed up and bleeding after Tony nutted his arm off to indicate that caused serious damage. Is that subtle enough?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Len posted:

Guys me and the fiancee just sat down to watch The World's End and she didn't know it involved aliens. Holy poo poo that must have been a surprise twist ruined by the marketing

Thanks for ruining the surprise twist for everyone who hasn't seen it.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

RCarr posted:

Whats the subtle moment here?

The watermark. If you saw that in theaters, you could navigate to the site on your phone and receive a free rear end kicking for using your bright phone in the middle of a movie.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

If disney didn't want people thinking about Ariel's tits they wouldn't have given her a clamshell bikini.

Ariel is literally a teenager in the disney movie.

Subtle Movie Moment: prince eric is a pedophile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

This reminds me of when M Night Shymalan had that 1-2 hour special on the Sci Fi channel where it was implied he had special ghost powers. It never aired again, I assume from controversy. Not really subtle, I suppose, but if you didn't have access to the internet back then I guess it was.