Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

I didn't care for the movie, but there's a pretty good one in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (the second movie).

When Will is going through his montage as he follows the recent movements of Jack Sparrow, the last person he talks to is a Jamaican sailor who tells him about an island where he traded for "delicious spiced pork." You might not pay attention to that line, but it's only later that Will discovers the islanders are cannibals. So... sailors have been trading meat on that island for quite a while now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Liver
May 4, 2009

I'm all but certain this has been posted somewhere in the thread, but I just noticed one in Inside Man:

When Jodie Foster's character, Ms. White, is introduced, she's talking with a man in a fancy suit with a slicked-back ponytail. She asks him something to the effect of, "...and I understand you haven't spoken to your uncle in quite a while, is that right?" And he says, "We haven't seen each other for nine years." This dialogue has nothing to do with the plot that happens before or after, so the audience assumes it's incidental.

But once the plot of the film is nearly over:
White confronts Mr. Cash (Christopher Plummer) who admits to selling out his best friends to the Nazis in order to get rich quick. Furious for several reasons and disgusted at him, she says "Well Arthur, I'd love to tell you what a monster you are, but, uh, I have to help Bin Laden's nephew buy a co-op on Park Avenue."

She isn't joking. That was the man she spoke to earlier in the film.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Really, Star Wars and Tron need to make it into the show.

I fully expect Disney to make this show into some kind of madcap League of Extraordinary Gentlemen mishmash. Anything and everything that could go in, goes in.