Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Captain Monkey posted:

My favorite story about this is a bunch of scientists put up bird nets to catch and count small birds, like you do, but they'd come back and the nets would be empty. So they set up cameras, and sure enough they were catching little birds, but then deer would walk by and just start chomping down on the helpless birds when they figured out that they couldn't get away.

Deer loving suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cacafuego posted:

Hey, that sounds like:
- Gilmore Girls
- any dialogue for the “witty” child actor
- Big Bang theory (note: this doesn’t apply to the “hiring good actors that come dangerously close to making the lines work”)
- etc

Good news! He meant QT

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Same but macklemore

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

MariusLecter posted:

Would have thought a successful slave revolt spurred by the plantation massacre would do that.

e;
but really, in either case Jimmy is still a loving rear end in a top hat.

N word or not, he's just loving rude and not a very good team player. Jimmy, you're out of the gang

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Guess they thought it sounded cool

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Turn it sideways it looks like two pairs of boobs on one another

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

...is that a fart

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ebert's got the rlm thing going on. He was great mostly because he was entertaining not because he's good at movies.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Olaf The Stout posted:

He won a Pulitzer for specifically writing about movies.

They just give those away

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

JW 15 he's just gonna be shooting guys from 1.5 miles away

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

John wick doesn't kill any step siblings though?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ElBrak posted:

Nah. Go watch the movie.

I don't want to hear him complain about it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Zoolander is a dumb dumb dumb movie but I love it. Thank god for nine ele-... woah. Little close there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Zoolander owns and I will defend the first two austin powers and Beyonce in the third with my life

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

jojoinnit posted:

I've never seen the film but it sounds like there should have also been a "walk this way" gag.

That song wouldn't be released for at least another few years

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Explains the shocked expressions on their face

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I've never fully finished the trilogy so let me be the first to ask... What

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Memento posted:

When Marty goes back to 1885, he chooses to go by the name Clint Eastwood. He then steals a train and drives it into the ravine, which the townsfolk named Eastwood Ravine, assuming he had died there. It was named Clayton ravine, after the school mistress whose horse spooked and ran into it, but she was saved by Doc Brown at the start of BttF 3.

Oh I thought Ronald Reagan. I was very confused

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Sexual Shiite posted:

“Texas # 1!â€

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

DandyLion posted:

Artsy answer: Southland Tales 2

Wasn't the universe destroyed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Krankenstyle posted:

Kingdom of Heaven

im gonna use the actors names cause otherwise: newly anointed knight orlando bloom arrives in jerusalem and meets the local king edwad norton. they talk about god and jerusalem and justice and the king impresses on the knight that he (the king) is a leper and he shouldnt touch him. so when the knight bloom leaves, he steps on a toy, and he picks it up and he fixes the spear on the toy.

the spear penetrated his foot, and his foot had leprosy in it from the leper king. he killed the prince of jerusalem before he even met him.

I'm sorry, I'm dense but I have no clue what this means. Who is the prince of jerusalem

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's something fun about them being based on tommy guns.

Sci-fi weapons can have a surprising amount of personality when done right. Star Wars definitely comes to mind, all that World War surplus with random bits stuck onto it.

Meet the greebles

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Imagined posted:

I would posit that pizza is an exception to Sturgeon's Law. Even the most garbage American public school lunch-tier frozen pizza is at least edible, which is better than "crud".

But still, it's a well known phenomenon that humans remember the hits and forget the misses. "Bands today aren't as good as Led Zeppelin", well yeah, but they're better than loving... Starland Vocal Band. Or Bread.

There's a shitton of rock bands today that are better than zep. You just won't hear them on top 40 stations

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Imagined posted:

And I'm sure that's an argument I was sincerely making about something I totally believe.

It was an idle observation

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gattaca is a great movie and I love pretty much everything about its aesthetics

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

In realtor terms, it would be subdued and understated

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

flavor.flv posted:

That's the point

Sure but I think he's wondering why I personally would like it, not why it might be thematically fitting.

The answer is: I don't know, it just worked for me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This is true of most movies tbf

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I forgot exactly where it was in the movie but in Apocalypse Now Col Kurtz wrote a paper on the Howling Wilderness campaign in the Philippines which is one of those things that in hindsight might have been a red flag

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

To be fair "Death becomes him/her" is a super oldfashioned phrase. John Ford used it in his 1633 play "'Tis Pity She's a Whore"

NOT a fake play

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Grinch was actually invited but he deemed the whoettes all "4s" and "stacys" and unable to comprehend his high IQ

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Belloq is wearing the priestly breastplate at the end of raiders.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My favorite part of Series 7 is how often the narrator describes the events unfolding incorrectly to create more drama and we're all so used to reality television that we don't even notice it. Like when the guy is holding his kid in one hand and a gun in the other, and you hear "...contestant has exited the car holding a gun to his own child's head..." when that's not what's happening.

That lovely police chase show with SHERRIFF JOHN BRUNELL did this sort of poo poo all the time.

*fugitive swerves to avoid pedestrian*
This methed out MANIAC swerves to hit a pedestrian, missing them by MERE INCHES

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

freeedr posted:

:hmmyes:

Kevin was right all along for sure and I’m glad he pulled some king poo poo just to enjoy his own pizza to himself in the quiet for once

I never understood why my dad laughed so much at two scoops of ice cream because kevin wasn't driving

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I might be missing something incredibly obvious but idgi

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Krispy Wafer posted:

Well he had that stage where he looked like he was riding the dragon every day, but maybe he was just playing a lot of WoW.

In other Home Alone news, the actor that played Buzz is just as bad in real life:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/12/23/actor-who-played-home-alone-brother-arrested-in-oklahoma/

Buzz, your girlfriend? Woof

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Imagined posted:

I now know that if there actually were a zombie outbreak, about 30% of the population would slather themselves in BBQ sauce and run straight at the horde while yelling about how they refuse to live in fear.

Avenue 5 came out juuuust before covid really took off and people were like "it's amusing but a little far fetched"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

spookykid posted:

In 3:10 to Yuma, Russel Crowe's character Ben Wade talks about green eyes and how much he loves them several times in the first half of the movie, and both his nemesis Dan Evans (Christian Bale) and the second-in-command of his gang Charlie Prince (Ben Foster) have green eyes.

Was that any good? It came out in a year that was absolutely stacked with westerns and just seems like it got forgotten consequently

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

I’m Quebec it’s fine because the DMV also sells alcohol.

(you won’t get that if you,don’t live here, sorry.)

Who would go to a dmv that doenst live there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Alhazred posted:

Also, apparently Isabeau of Bavaria having her nipples pierced is historically accurate.

I haven't seen this movie but I don't know why this surprises me. I'm sure people pierced everything at every point in history.

Kuiperdolin posted:

The funniest is the one when Carrouges confronts the Duke about not getting his father's position. In his version, it cuts right to him in bed telling his wife how eloquent he'd been. In Le Gris's, it's a gibbering screed, literally inarticulate in places, and the closest thing to a point he makes is how long he waited for his father to die lol.

Man Ridley Scott can really make movies when he bothers to put in the :effort: once a decade or so.

Ridley scott always puts in the effort. :colbert: Sometimes he also manages to put in the quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Winnie the pooh is fun for all ages!