Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Illegal Username posted:

Best bit about The Thing is the scene where the computer beats him in chess and he destroys it in revenge.
He does the exact same thing in the end when he burns the compound. He'd rather break the whole game than lose

You could also look at it as him pouring alcohol into a victorious inhuman opponent, since he offers Childs a drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Allegedly, the movie also holds the distinction of being the first film ever to feature a fart gag. Now how's that for innovation!

Not sure about the film thing but fart jokes were indescribably popular well before this. In fact, Mel Brooks' character William J. Le Petomane is named after a famous French flatulist.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
So two half-injured cops = one dead cop

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Taeke posted:

I went into this movie expecting just another example of why I'm not a fan of most horror movies, but it proved me wrong and I laughed my way all the way through.

Arguably the best part of that scene is the ridiculous heroic music.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'm a little disappointed that they didn't have the clip from Fight Club where he calls Edward Norton at the payphone and is loudly eating chips on the other end.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Or Milla Jovovich naked

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

OilSlick posted:

Not quite, his girlfriend shows him ultrasound pictures, to which he has a typical reaction. So he may have had trouble getting it up at first, but he must be okay now since he wasn't perplexed about how she got pregnant

It could just be a situation where it comes and goes. He could be successful sometimes and unable to perform at others, which might almost be more frustrating.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I only watched Misfits through series 3 and I think my life is all the better for it.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

All on Black posted:

Shirley Holmes?

To contribute: I just watched 30 Rock all the way through again and noticed something that they slipped past the standards department. In the Season 2 episode "Ludachristmas", Liz's family comes to visit for Christmas. Her dad, Dick Lemon, remarks, "it wouldn't be a lemon party without old Dick!". You may remember lemonparty.org, which was famous for featuring some...well, old dick.

Yeah, later on when Tracy is directing a movie about Harriet Tubman, his star angrily declares that "Tubman" sounds too masculine and that she's changing the name to "Tubgirl".

Buzkashi has a new favorite as of 14:15 on Dec 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Basebf555 posted:

The other interpretation is that the Predator comes to see Arnold as an equal, so simply gunning him down from the trees as if he is prey would be dishonorable. Instead he strips off his armor and weapons and gives Arnold a fair fight because they are both warriors. That doesn't really fit all that well with the Predator setting off the self-destruct though, you'd think he'd be accepting of being beaten by the better man.

It's just high-tech seppuku. Also it means that no Predator technology can fall into another species' hands.