Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

TD season 1 is just so loving heavy and emotional and grim and weird that I’m really glad they went for the ending that they did. Maybe it went against the themes of the show but it just felt like a relief after everything we witnessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My father refused to watch the Departed because he couldn’t tell Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio apart.

I remember the thread for this way back when was FULL of posters who had this problem. It was peak goon face-blindness. Straight up people who didn't even know they were two different characters.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

credburn posted:

Brad Garrett and Patrick Warburton are the same person.

A decade ago, during the like two weeks I tried to use Twitter, I made this joke that Patrick Warburton and Brad Garrett were the same person, and weirdly one of them (I honestly don't remember who), his wife replied with this anecdote about the single time the two worked together and it was real sweet.

Well they did both play emotionally charged mechanics on Seinfeld. Though one may have taken his love for cars a bit too far.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I will be that Goon.

Her loving name is Galadriel.

rear end.

This is weirdly aggro about something very stupid.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Some dogs are just better at sussing out bad vibes than others

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

Not a subtle movie moment so much as a cameo but I never noticed that the rear end in a top hat grocery store manager in The Wrestler was stand up comedian Todd Barry.

I thought about starting a "blink and you'll miss it/favorite cameo thread" one time but here might work.

He has a running bit on Twitter about this role being a hugely memorable character and it's funny every time.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Oblivion was great and had just pure *vibes* that only M83 can supply. My friend I saw it with hated it though. Usually our tastes were very in sync.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Pictured: Rib Kid.

I saw Barry Keoghan in four movies in like a year and a half. Dude is just everywhere suddenly. Great in Green Knight and Banshees.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I'm about as worried if different Bonds are the same continuity as I am if the Daffy Duck from Space Jam was actually Robin Hood.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

wow, love this

i always thought hardy looked great in that very intentional "shabby" style

This article is kind of funny and shows how much fashion has changed since the movie came out. Hardy’s look is by far the most modern and fashion forward out of the bunch. I don’t think that was the intention behind his wardrobe at the time, but now his style is much more prevalent than the more classic look of the other characters. He’d be overdressed in nearly any modern office setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

film peaked with Spiderman 2.