Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ahmeni posted:

so people won't pay for stat results but you just paid $10 for the posting history of someone
That there is the difference between qualitative and quantitative data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i know that but i got the impression that they were exceptions to that. maybe not the space quest but king's quest vi is specifically supposed to have laid off that approach after :cedric: took it to its extreme. not that i played either though so don't cite me on it.
I still remember being stuck at Styx and being unable to return and get the item I needed and should have had from way way back with no real indication I needed it. I probably missed something obvious since I was a kid, but it was pretty frustrating. Otherwise it was pretty good about making most things either clear enough if you looked around, or better to return for.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Phoning It In posted:

a shame the drunky drunk plate looks rad in that throwback vintage kind of way
the ny plates look similar now, but for a while the drunk ohio ones really stood out

just saw the DUI one today and the driver looked pretty douchy :allears:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Al! posted:

is this an optical illusion

i keep trying to find the trim marks on the lady in the back left but it's not there

just like her legs :shepface:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Mido posted:

DONG core

please don't share my music without linking my kickstarter

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the softer the erection the more intense the passion

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Suspicious Dish posted:

it's not running on fedora. i have no idea where people got this from.

it's the perfect shape to be a hat rack for one :confused:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

madeupfred posted:

As a person who has done stupid physical feats on a whim with zero physical training beforehand, this guy's probably going to be okay.

this sounds made up, fred

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

2-iphones-1-spy-cup.mp4

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

holy poo poo

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

crisis on infinite calvins reset looking good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Snapchat A Titty posted:

lynyrd skynyr - freebeard.mp3

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i thought he was going to be "roughing it" or whatever and the first photo he posts is his meal at loving denny's

yeah haven't you had denny's before? the results are pretty rough

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Vlad the Retailer posted:

you can use voxels for terrain rendering and other things, but the minecraft cargo cult has pretty much made them synonymous with giant Lego block programmer art

so if you want to do volumetric pixels I guess you better come up with a term that hasn't been coopted by assholes

i suggest "trixels"

trixel my voxel

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Yodzilla posted:

there are so loving many things about this to lol at

im the extended pinky

quote:

Jason Lee 1 day ago
I absolutely LOVE the design of this!!
getting erectangle just looking at it :greencube:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theflyingexecutive posted:

best post was someone saying how he hasn't even raised awareness in his family about bipolar disorder cuz they won't stop enabling him

i know mental health issues are serious and no laughing matter but

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jamsta posted:

CEO Walt Runkis
(escaped from retirement home last week)

and richard who turned up for an iStockPhoto shoot and landed a great gig as cto

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Soricidus posted:

I use bits pray. the power of christ protects my data from hackers and other demons

yeah jesus saves. :shobon:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BeOSPOS posted:

sounds like that smart bottle is aimed for those who need reminding to drink water regularly. but if the bottle isn't in some anime babe shape, a sports car or maybe mines bitcoins, it's going to miss an important segment of their idiot clientele

what if it purified the water by the waste heat of mining bitcoins? maybe a car model that does dogecoins for the cobranding opportunities with nascar

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PleasureKevin posted:

most species die off after 100K years unless they have some serious advantage. humans being ~75K years old we will soon see!

heres hoping for that stretch goal of gills if we make it to 125K years

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theflyingorc posted:

Explain YOSPOS then

Your move, Darwin

basically a forum of chaste highlanders

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

JawnV6 posted:

moving parts don't excite today's tech savvy audience

just make the water bottle a big bloc-

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

looking forward to when they pivot into the tinder and uber space with PBaaS* derived from aggregate user performance

*Power Bottoms as a Service

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

gamify my genitals

firmville
clash of clams
handy rush

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

armadildo aerospace

cornhole space program

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Vicas posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ryandewey/this-is-the-first-true-sea-salt-from-oceans-that-d/description

i can't even figure out if I like "4th wave sea salt" or "look at the networked nature of a supply chain to see how it collapse geography" more

im the sea salt from the cleveland area

also the hashtag #tastemysalt and the sense of place by mouth :allears:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Lake Erie is actually saltwater, kept replenished by the tears of Cleveland and buffalo fans

instead of the plate they need to encourage roasting the Erie brine, much like the cuyahoga before a harvest on its banks and shores

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Dr. Honked posted:

oh yeah the yeecup!

also why does it have that name, why isnt it something like 'brewd' or 'piping' or 'mobile steamer LEE' (lake erie edition) or something that makes a lick of sense

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

surebet posted:

has this person never heard of looking someone up on facebook?

this is the advent of SOMDaaS (spying on my daughter as a service) and facebook is just one of many such avenues to monitor in this shifting landscape, consolidating that into one feed is a growth industry for blurry dads everywhere

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PleasureKevin posted:

there was some comedy sketch, or maybe it was nathan for you, about some company called like rent-a-dad where you pay a guy to spy on you during a date to make sure the dude doesn't slip you a roofie or anything

it was and he should post it as his pitch video

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PleasureKevin posted:

how about instead of bailing out the banks so they can play another round of roulette we change the banking system so it's actually a benefit to society and not a burden

i'll start the kickstarter

i'll start the bitcoin white paper

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theflyingorc posted:

WELL, Jon, our house and the vet are now no more than private estates of the Arbuckle family. No, I warn you, that if you do not tell me we are at war, if you again allow yourself to palliate all the infamies and atrocities of this Nermal (upon my word, I believe he is), I don't know you in future, you are no longer my friend, no longer my faithful slave, as you say. There, how do you do, how do you do? I see I'm scaring you, sit down and talk to me. I hate Mondays."

the reverse chapters of use of mondays are more nuanced than i remember

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Migishu posted:

i'm the internet defense league

'It's IDL time!'

*lifts up crowd funded unshipped smart watch and transforms into a successful scam*

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 15, 2015

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

daft punk railroad posted:

don't forget the "stretch goals"

i like that phase, has a nice ring to it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Incomplete Fish posted:

It's been like 9 years.

i was going to make a graph of your post quality over time but the whole of statpedia worked against me

chiding me for entering data into an open field because i didnt name the table? ux 101, gold star

giving someone plotting time 78 checkboxes of years? sounds good

randomly plotting a table after vaguely giving an incomplete message, only to delete the data? lol just lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hobbesmaster posted:

it's called awful.app and your rating is :mediocre:

Ian McLean posted:

guzzoline price geolocation app - find the best guzzoline price in the nearest thunder dome

Ian McLean posted:

restaurant app pain point - wanting to pay fast enough ( small logo scanner on menu/restaurant_special_list/table_sticker with tip suggestions on app for payment processing)

i saw a bunch of toronto restaurants using paymentech units that scan cards and suggest tips right at the table so you dont need an app, the card could be processed instantly and since you never had to hand over your card it was physically secure from someone double keying or modifying the amount secretly

maybe some form of prepay where pretipping can encourage better service but with an app?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Soricidus posted:

please think about what you just wrote here

i like to think i did nothing to iterate on the quality of the original ideas

Ian McLean posted:

I don't want a bunch of clunky hardware junk on my table while I am eating. I am talking about scanning something like a table QR Code on the app I am already signed up for.

you need a call to action. when do they get the app? from a qr code at the entrance? if they dont have a qr code scanner you need a scanner call to action call to action. maybe a url to the scanner to the app to the table to the bill to the ewallet to the cc processor

tbf it's just cruel to buy extravagances like that before the dead men walking go home

its tactless and sends a bad message to the other employees but lol if that doesnt tip the hat to anyone not already looking for new work

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

syscall girl posted:

they are useful at getting confessions out of people who don't know this

also, take yr meds ian

idea, app that verifies your medication and checks open databases for interactions with your instagrammed meals. it tells your friends if the interaction is comical and adds that to a fun foods database too then tracks it with other entertaining interactions. you pay for foods that interact poorly in views of food that interacts entertainingly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

For your convenient foldable head

from the people that brought you barely stable collapsible tupperware and novelty cups that flatten if you set them down firmly

• Locked thread