Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Perception is reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
reminds me I have the next iphone (or facebook) killer

I just need someone to build/program it !

can't divulge any deets bc original idea do not steal but don't let that get in the way of me needing you to MAKE IT HAPPEN

Trouble getting any programmers/engineers to drop all their own ideas & work 100% on mine tho wtf, shortsighted folks with no vision keepin me down :mad:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
learn 2 make kids from scratch

just get inna van ok

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I was just talking to a fellow who does lots of lab work poo poo and the fact that keyboards are 1) the bestest most meaningfulest way to interface with computers which are everywhere and invaluable in lab work while also 2) being impossible to sterilize or clean in any sort of way that would be meaningful in a lab means it's an actual problem to be solved with lots of hemming and hawwing and crappy solutions waiting for a good one.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Ages ago I backed a campaign for one of these

and it rocks. Backed the campaign, and a while later got this in the mail. It's pretty cool to listen to things spazz out like powering up your digital camera or phone or wireless keyboard or whatever.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Those look about as nice to use as a mushy overlay on a touchscreen. Apparently that level of things is the best option right now but people want tactile feedback instead of mushy keys that you can't wipe down easily (too many nooks and crannies and underhangs, etc) or so he said anyway :shrug:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

there are like 3 threads appropriate for the discussion of chris roberts but anyhow yesterday i was clicking around on netflix and came across the wing commander movie and realized that the wing commander movie was actually directed by chris roberts

like, lmao

This is from a while ago but I remember being told at E3 like 15 years ago or something that Roberts had always wanted to make a movie which is why the wing commander games got progressively more and more cinematic. Then MS had given him a bunch of money to make the next Wing Commander game so it could be all Wing Commander(tm) by Microsoft(tm) and poo poo.

But apparently there was some 'confusion' about what the money was for and he spent it making the Wing Commander movie :haw:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

I think there is a non zero chance that money's already spent. Successful kickstarter = gently caress yeah its go time we're finally a developer THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN rent an office get somw 'puters and chairs whoops 30k doesn't last long wtf it was all the money in the world like a few weeks ago

Oh poo poo silent mode engaged just let this blow over :ssh:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

quote:

Fatbrick figures are chubby by design, they have a big head, round tummy, short legs and small hands so their body scale is special.

If everyone's body type is fatbrick then can their body scale really be said to be all that special

this is a transparent attempt to redefine special :mad:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I remember reading that, I thought Moly was really quite composed and forthcoming in what was surely a very difficult talk. He sounded pretty open about what he does differently now compared to eg the 90s and what's happening in the studio atm.

I say this all as someone who was never screwed by an under delivering game in the 90s so I have no right & wtf do i know

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
poo poo really was that the Skirmos guys? I take no glee in it or anything but I loving knew they were in over their heads :(

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
"Outsource to China" is eveyone's Step 2: ????

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I understand really I do that the same bad business decisions and events can happen with just bigger numbers after the dollar sign but oh man I still just think 13 loving million for a product that people want to buy that kind of cash and situation should buy you some lead time so that you don't end up OhShit gotta keep the lights on somehow :qq: like it's sine kind of surprise situation

Like a garage company might end up "uh we're out of money in two weeks" but for 13 mil the timeline should stretch a little is what I'm saying

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 22, 2015

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
It totally looks like The [13] Million Dollar Order That Bankrupted A Company, but goddam :(

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

duTrieux. posted:

okay

so

this could have been a good product if it had, like, half as many features

Yeah but as a product that people want to :siren:BUY:siren: it did alright you gotta admit

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I paid some dude for an electronic gadget that turns EM fields into audio and honestly it's p cool

You can put it next to your digital camera or smart phone and power/boot it up and listen to it go nuts, but in really weird regular patterns and rhythms like it's a robot version of music or something

tweeeeeEEEGZZZZZmmmm
DAKDAKDAKDAAAAKKDUKKADUKKAdeedeeDAAAAAHHH
BZZZZZzzzzzzzz z z z z
DEEE z z z . . . BZP
BZP
BZP
BZP
(doop)
BZP
HWMmmmmm
(crackle)

Listen to your wireless mouse chirp away when you move it, etc

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Just looked it up and dang he or she is on version 3 now and more expensive, guess it's a thing for them.

https://zvukolom.org/product/elektrosluch-3-pre-order/

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I hope you weren’t out killing any of God’s creatures.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I shrugged at him again. Of course I was out killing things. How the hell am I supposed to get heads and bodies for the Poles and the Bunker if I don’t kill things? There just aren’t enough natural deaths.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
You can’t explain that sort of thing to people, though.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Uh as someone who doesn't live in a possum's natural habitat and therefore deals with them in no ways at all I can confidently state Possums are kewl and should be protected :cry:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Less afraid and more refuse to unless being fed by the fistful between slaps by scowling woman telling me i am scum

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I read Bram Stoker's Dracula some years ago with my wife, I remember thinking it was actually very readable and interesting - I had I guess formed the idea that old and readable were mutually exclusive when it came to stories on paper so it was a learning experience too.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
it was an eye opener for me at the time, guess ive been missing out

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
well those 1000 lumens gotta come from somewhere :pcgaming:

render them in software for savings

store unused ones in ssd for later

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Guys having a $400k+ of pledges rug pulled out from under them sounds hilarious

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I didn't actually read all that but skimmed a bit and it still sounds like they were cheap wholesale watches with their name/brand and a hundo or so added. It mostly sounds like a lot of MICROSOFT PAYS OTHER PEOPLE TO MAKE THEIR SOFTWARE NO ONE THINKS THIS MEANS MICROSOFT IS SCAMMING THEM

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
If they raised 1 mil from KS in 2013 I'm frankly amazed there's any left at all to hire a full time software guy to ~make it happen~ (albeit not till 2018)

Unless there isn't and it's like a dude fresh out of school who don't know any better than to agree to make a doomed game for royalties or some poo poo

Idk i didn't read past the first para

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I thought maintenence would be a total pain but when I found out I could cast or even mill my own parts I was like SO relieved

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Dang, that's neat as hell. Seeing is believing.

10 inches from the other vehicle and no problemo

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
And isn't even looking or cares even

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
There was an inventors reality show once where a guy had a product kind of like this but think tent/poncho instead for use while standing in places.

I remember him demonstrating saying "now the people around me know I'm doing SOMETHING, but they don't know what" :smug: like that sealed the deal right there. He looked like a creepy fucker j/o ing under a black cape / poncho.

How he or anyone imagined that as some kind of ace up a sleeve of a better solution I'll never understand.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
That's personal space, which is great, not "oh no someone might accidentally see my dick"

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
What were your posts? Gadfly type emperor has no clothes stuff or what?

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I guess if the guy has only the one hill then he has a right to make it the one he's gonna die on but that still sounds like some dumb major league knee jerk defensiveness

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
As someone who wears hearing aids I can tell you there are in fact some pretty cool things about them. A mute button for my ears is great as is the ability to listen to music and make phone calls without wires of any kind nor a dorky Bluetooth thing hanging off my ear.

Downside is that to do that stuff it actually does need a control box on a necklace (the actual Bluetooth device & microphone - whose necklace doubles as an antenna loop to transmit the audio the hearing aids.)

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
music doesn't sound the same as it should and i still struggle to use a phone or engage in normal conversation like anything resembling a normal person but it's almost worth it to be able to mute my ears at the touch of a button

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
"Feels powerful!" - Damien P.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
uh many metal cubes look the same, sir

ignoring what i just said there this 2 inch one is worth like 500 bucks ignore the cheap knockoff

so powerful, feel it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Yeah the trackr one is a total POS

• Locked thread