Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
there's a place around here where there's a perfectly good bike path five feet from the road but tilde serious cyclists tilde don't use it because performance or pedestrians or whatever so they just bike in the loving street

it's not an especially wide street so sometimes you end up stuck behind an rear end in a top hat sweating his rear end off trying to get uphill

get on the bike path rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Captain Cool posted:

is there a design rule that says all bike pictures need to point to the right because this page is weirding me out

diagrams of ships always show the starboard side, so pointing to the right maybe it's the same thing with bikes, bikes and bike people are weird

bikes are unnatural, poo poo can't stand on two wheels. it's like helicopters, there's just something unholy about the whole thing

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

like if you want a 40th semester abortion, having some unqualified motorist do it for you just isn't nice

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

just be happy in the comfort that you are subordinate to someone likely suffering from brain damage

the secret to corporate happiness do txt

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

suffix posted:

keep your butter in the fridge and slice it with a cheese slicer, imo

gently caress that effort

whack off on your toasts

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

cheese curds own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own own

:quebec:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

hubris.height posted:

i loving love cheese curds. if you want to go full wi get them deep friend with new glarus beer and a burger slathered in butter

poutine motherfucker do you speak it

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

vOv posted:

how much could you make a year by investing $1.5 million anyway

BFC says you can safely withdraw 4% a year, so about 60k a year

I can live on that

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

"most successful kick starter ever" is not the mark of a good, needed or indeed intelligent in any way, product

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Bloody posted:

idk the sous vides suit the poo poo outta my needs

not the most successful kickstarter ever though

y'all remember the ouya?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

prefect posted:

i hesitate to ask, but what does the fishmech voice sound like?

remember that annoying kid who had to be right about everything in fourth grade?

if you don't remember wanting to throttle that kid, find a recording of your voice in fourth grade.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

..... did you not watch The Video

embed the loving thing already

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

uh he sounds nothing like I expected

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

syscall girl posted:

lol if you weren't that annoying kid but with a nemesis or two for spelling bees and mental math competitions

trap sprung so hard

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

lol if you think the average kickstarter person thinks about poo poo like contribution margins

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

razorscooter posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1741398197/simb2b

remember when second life virtual meetings were regarded as flash in the pan garbage

because i don't, give me 50k

bet you this guy still uses a blackberry

just look a his picture, he isn't part of the demographic they release the bb classic for... he is the demo

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Pledge $1,000 or more

 0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)

• VIRTUAL PIZZA PARTY WITH THE STRAFE® TEAM
+ Everything from the above tiers

You'll receive a video tape (requires VCR) that will digitally transport you to the party realm where the STRAFE® team is enjoying pizza for all of eternity. At a time of your choosing, we'll order 2 pizzas to your current residence so YOU can join in on the hot saucy action.*

*Requires pizza shop that delivers to your door.

Estimated delivery: Jun 2015

Ships anywhere in the world

the most worthless reward ever

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

do we have a yo sops star citizen thread? because unlike the doob, that's one goon money sink that never stops being funny

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Nagato posted:

they continue to be blissfully unaware of basic engineering problems on their facebook page

post on the Canada runway crash:

:pwn:

except that plane never touched the loving runway, and canada has had snow clearing technology for decades now

they're called snow plows

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

thinking of a Canadian winter, there is just no way you get enough energy from the seven hours of sunlight we might get if there's no cloud to melt the ten inches of snow that fell over night when it's like -20 out

also you might notice that we don't remove snow by melting it. I wonder if there's a reason for that.

oh yeah it's because once it's run off it freezes again and now you're stuck with a solid block of ice

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I like the part where the guy admitted in public to copyright infringement, but just a little.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Jabor posted:

did they ever solve the g4 cube problem of people putting poo poo on top of it, blocking the vents and causing it to overheat and die?

even Stebe (pbuh) couldn't invent a non retarded user

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

idk if this was ever on Kickstarter but the shiftiness and begging for money certainly fits the thread: http://www.titanichg.com/

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

lol these guys have nothing on the average woman's purse

why the gently caress do they need multiple multi tools? or phones? :psyduck:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Ian McLean posted:

Jawn! I tried adding you on LinkedIn and you didn't accept. *yet* If you accepted you would see that the CEO of Statista is one of my connections.

lol

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

You forgot the bioring

stretch goal: rectal distension measurement

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

so here we are in another once-every-4-years chance where people get really invested in numeric quantification of the world around us. it's honestly astounding how folks who generally don't care about data-driven decisions or metrics can come together to focus on hundredths of a percent differences

obviously, i'm talking about the olympics. there's so much commentary chatter about PR/OR/WR, weird little moments like the first 100m of a swimming relay eligible to set OR/WR's, and a depth of information about each swimmer, each runner, their entire race history down to lap timings

i like visualizations, and there are some great ones for specific things like "men's 100m sprint" that even have callouts & graphic differences to account for wind speed during the race. but these are obviously curated and the underlying statistical information isn't provided in an accessible format.

anyone know any startups trying to target this space? i mean there has to be commercial efforts mechanizing the search through the data, otherwise "never had a 400m winner from Lane 8" wouldn't get repeated across multiple commentators, but I'd kinda like something I could chart things like "how many times was a WR within 5% of their previous PR" or just "100m finishing time by year," like what's the average lag time from Men hitting some round time and Women attaining the same?

sounds like a job for... statpedia

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

when did America invade India?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I had a deep fryer with a magnetic breakway connection like ten years ago

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

BattleMaster posted:

edit: everyone's talking about the temperature one which is the actual one with real use-cases, wtf is the use-case for a humidity-only sensor or an accelerometer that reports back to a website?

they already make "telltale fruits" that are stuffed in shipments of fruits and vegetables to monitor their transportation. temperature, humidity, acceleration... poo poo I wouldn't be surprised if they had gps.

I think some of them report over cell data but I don't know for sure

this is a problem the grown ups have fixed years ago

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

duTrieux. posted:

yeah, i sometimes help with corporate and retail events and the cost for thousands of custom-printed wristbands is basically an incidental

i wonder if this is a scam or if the dude just has literally no idea what he's doing and picked a nice round number

what does your heart tell you

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

cheese-cube posted:

my colleague got one and i want to murder him. if he hasn't gotten bored or lost it by the end of the week im going to flush the fucker.

vvv insert oblig "lol you don't have your own office get a real job" joke below this post vvv

I pity you too much to joke about it

I hope your horrible life choices are reversible

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

if I went to a fresh organic juice store and they gave me the keurig equivalent of juice I'd walk right the gently caress out

like this is something that smoothie places can do wtf

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

fishmech posted:

but you can't buy the packs of chopped up fruit and veg unless you already have the machine registered to your account, so it doesnt really matter.

business idea: buy a juicero, bulk order pouches, resell for profit

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

ahahaha that's got a be a job

no way

seriously

gently caress you, 2017

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Glorgnole posted:

this is a solved problem but it's a bit more substantial than a lil flying drone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Cq0sy4TBs

there's a guy that rigged a mini fridge to throw a beer at his couch at the push of a button

poo poo owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

can't wait for iPad Mojave

• Locked thread