Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Perplx posted:

I bet he picked that show to avoid hosed up fans too

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

its not your fault that you broke googles t&c!

also they took those videos down sad face

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

has anyone said an ouya yet

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

man with a banjo crying about bronies stealing his best friend

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

idk, the idea of worf having to hit up internet strangers for money because he doesn't have 28k seems kinda sadder. the man spent like 10 years on two tv shows and then went on to be in 4 movies

he directed some ds9 episodes too

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

he also did a voice in fallout 2!

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

i've decided on a freemium model for my police dispatch mobile app, the paid version and free versions will be the exact same except the free version will occasionally notify you of a nonexistent fire at your home address

lol

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

lol

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

So Wikipedia then

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Also you can rate stats as 'unlear'

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

I have made a website which will plot points for people can I have several thousand dollars

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Milkie Galore posted:

is it on gust cos it blows

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

ian who donated the 10K was it you because whoever it was didnt want an investor reward so i assume it was you

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

just gonna take my g5 powermac to work

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Trolling with the punches

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

If someone wants to show off their numbers they bung them into excel then gently caress around with the sample sizes until they get something that matches what they wanted it to match in the firs place

No one is going to pay money for a thing that will tell them they were wrong

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Printfreemoney.ng

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

'breean'

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

is ian the yospos equivalent of two worlds?

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

make it <30kb

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

30.97 is not less than 30

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

ian

lol

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

i mean i couldnt be bothered scripting or rehearsing this and i sound bored as gently caress but can i have some money

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Yeah that's why organisations like full fact exist

And theoretically journalists but hey lets just get people to tweet us their feelings instead

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

0xB16B00B5 posted:

Ian how do you feel about the new structure put in place by kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/blog/kickstarter-is-not-a-store

lol they should've just linked to the ouya kickstarter and said "do nothing like this"

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

dude... I have not been saying anything because unixbeard said he would give me 10k if I shut up. That liar.

Hey JawnV6 can I pm you to get further information about how to implement this thing.

How do I get money from these superpac people you speak of?

Does one of you just have a bunch of bit coins I can have?

Seems like someone in these chat rooms probably controls that entire bitcoin economy.

Which person is the printing press managing inflation of these bitcoins?
lol

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Shinx posted:

put ur idea on a treadmill and see if it takes off

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

0xB16B00B5 posted:

it worked for wikileaks and that was led by a serial rapist

no you naive idiot clearly that is a conspiracy by the us government to extradite him from sweden when he goes to trial because the uk is so anti us and wont extradite him ever

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

its a fine word to use hth

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

lol

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

lol this thing is better at tracking stats than the failed kickstarter its tracking

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

He emailed a guy at google

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

kickstatter

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

pocket change

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Carthag posted:

poopslate
It's why I wear a nappy

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

statphelia

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

team leader is a programmer, the project manager is important, and so is the tester. I count 7 being paid.

The project manager used to be a programmer, and he helps a lot with design. The tester is an extra 12k a year. Research and worklfow analyst is constantly taking in feedback and also helping with design.

There is enough stuff that needs to be done to keep everyone busy.

This project needs a solid structure.

Like I said.... we can keep going with our shoestring budget, and another 20k of funding to pull us through the next year.

I didn't make this budget, but if this is what the team wants, and this is what they believe statpedia needs, then I trust their decisions.

I have pages upon pages upon pages of design specifications sitting on hold because limited resources.

These support roles such as tester, and analyst make the programmers lives easier. Would I like to see the programmers getting paid the most? Yes, but they aren't asking for more, so... what do I do. I think I am just sort of approaching it as an "if it aint broken, don't fix it." type attitude about this budget.

I don't have to worry about timesheets, or making sure people developing the priority stuff, scheduling team meetings. I can just innovate, read over the code, make small changes here and there, and continue developing the big picture statpedia vision.

Right now I do tons of testing, I am constantly designing stuff, innovating, worrying about this and that. I need to start dividing up the work I do.

Everyone likes working on statpedia, because it is different and interesting, so pretty much everyone is happy with it. I put myself in for $1.

8 people developing statpedia for 300k... I would say that is about as lean as you are going to find in this world.

Do I need 8 people? Yes. I could ramp up twice that and still have more stuff to do. I have no shortage of development.

Once again... 20k will keep us starving, but they will still help me even with that much.

Really all this comes down to facilitating development speed. With more money I can scale up. With less, I can scale down. This budget can be adjusted to any amount between 20k and 2 million without me worried about how to efficiently spend the funds.

but now we can do it for 500

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

well hopefully its more like $323

• Locked thread