Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Perplx posted:

I bet he picked that show to avoid hosed up fans too

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

flyboi posted:

I found a use for twitter today
http://twitter.com/shit_hn_says

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
please use java or c#

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
please tell me more about obscure mcdonalds product history

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

CamH posted:

i used a goto

:stare:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
time to send in a cj to clean the pipes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
make sure you turn off the data first so they dont get swept away by an errant tweet

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
:negative:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
most of it probably went to advertising costs, so no. also i wonder if those costs were driven up by increased demand + money.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
right. most ads are cheap to make esp political ones and alot of the content is reusable. the real costs are in buying space/time in whatever mediums you want.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk why they'd burn it? i mean maybe rupert murdoch does, but the others probably use it to pay for their costs and then keep or reinvest the profits. like w/ any other company.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i cant think of anything stupid enough to be the next instagram and it drives me nuts.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BooLoo posted:

WHERE DO THE COINS GO??? this is really bugging me

ugh, bitcoins are never gonna be a thing. just give up, you sperg.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if people understood things most everyone would be out of a job.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Proteus4994 posted:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/2012/11/stanford-university-researcher-says.html

pretty interesting article about how since humanity doesn't need to evolve their intelligence anymore to survive, humans are slowly getting dumber via mutations

yeah idiocracy is a documentary

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/ is @ almost 7mil in crowd sourced funding.

so is that actual money that they have legitimately collected/have a hold on, or is it all promises that will disapear when it comes time to collect?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
thats pretty cool

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Install Gentoo posted:

i mean idk i guess that guy is from some country where there was only 4 tv channels period until the 80s so the entire idea of running shows more than once doesn't make sense there

the federation is space america

the federation is an idealized america. the ferengi are real americans, until rdm ruins them at the end of ds9

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
fascists gotta get their cut I guess

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
are you wearing that watch upside down?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hes probably fine financially and just bored. he also gets paid to show up as wil wheaton which sounds like a decent gig

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Heresiarch posted:

i understand that this is why mark hamil appears in so many terrible, terrible movies, he invested his own money into the first star wars film, is stupid rich, and can now basically troll the entire film industry by attaching his name recognition to stupid poo poo

mark hamil is also the voice of the joker (and totally owns at it unironically)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
anyone whos dumb enough to think theres an afterlife and ghosts and that you can talk to them if you pay a guy money deserves to have it taken.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Heresiarch posted:

no, he isn't

people don't act rationally when it comes to death, and they especially don't act rationally when it comes to the death of their loved ones. taking advantage of that irrationality for personal gain is ethically abhorrent because you are literally profiting from human emotional suffering

you might be able to ethically justify selling people harmless magic geegaws that they can use to reinforce their own private delusions (which includes $50,000 audio cables), but that talking-to-the-dead-for-money poo poo is on the same level as selling somebody fake antibiotics. you've got somebody desperate for help and in response you're actively harming them to line your own pockets

these people had those delusions before their loved ones died. its not anywhere close to selling fake anti-biotics. its selling faith to the faithful.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
selling dumb poo poo to idiots transfers wealth away from idiots which is a good thing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the only assholes are the idiots who let themselves get fleeced

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah teachers are assholes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i watched 2 eps and thats the entire appeal i guess.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

peepsalot posted:

but what does she do

be cute

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i really like the cardigans lady's voice

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Proteus4994 posted:

also your late 20s sister acts like a 40-year-old shutin catlady you should probably tell her 2 text me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dr. Honked posted:

horry poo poo. piiissssssssssss

oh no that's the cranberries. gently caress

its also not pisssss, goddamnit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its government organization so logic isn't really a factor

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk who that is

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

teh z0rg posted:

hewbrew natiuonal are the best dogs

jews can make a freakin tasty hot dog

yep

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

this is acceptable when the club sandwich is huge and would likely disintegrate when manhandled

that sounds like a lovely sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
utorrent

• Locked thread