Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

RandallODim posted:

I was just thinking today about how I miss Sleepy Dogs, and imagined there being news about it. This is not the kind of news I was hoping for.

edit: On the other hand, this is at least a nice consolation.

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jack of Hearts posted:

Except for that one time with the sex dungeon, where by the time the cops got there all the girls had escaped, while lots of 18K had been shot in the face. I literally have no idea how Teng managed to round up the rest of the gang based on that, but regardless, there's like a dozen-plus dead bodies to ignore. Teng is a decent woman, but in a HK dominated by triads, she has an unusually high tolerance for murder by Western standards. HKPD transplanted to LA would be The Shield but much, much worse.

Hong Kong has like thirty murders a year IRL.

That's a couple of trips to the energy drink store for wei shen.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Hopefully they'll have a go at another story-based game, although the franchise might've gone cold while they were dicking around with this MMO crap.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Wiseblood posted:

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

Square just dropped an entire uneaten pork bun and walked away.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Caufman posted:

Oh, the humanity! Won't someone think of the pork buns!?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Caufman posted:

Spicy squid is better than pork buns. :colbert:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Caufman posted:

A studio that doesn't eat pork buns is not even a whole studio!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Lol I don't know if they were forced to close up shop unexpectedly but I like to believe they weren't and when I was bothering them about female playable characters and they said there'd be news soon this is what they meant

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Hey guys, just bought this on the PS4 sale. I see that it had a billion different little DLC packs -- how well is that actually incorporated into the game?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

It depends if it's the Definitive Edition/Director's Cut. The original release just had the DLC shoved in there at little quest markers or dumped in your inventory. The re-release had it actually incorporated

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

It's the "Definitive Edition". What about the all the costumes? Can I just run and equip them at some point?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

omg chael crash posted:

It's the "Definitive Edition". What about the all the costumes? Can I just run and equip them at some point?

You have to buy all the amusing outfits, and they cost a lot, but money isn't terribly difficult to come by.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

omg chael crash posted:

Hey guys, just bought this on the PS4 sale

Good choice, you will like to play this game.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm glad I'm still subscribed to this topic, because it warms my heart to see new posts in it as someone else discovers Sleepy Dogs.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm tempted to get that PS4 version, lemme know how it runs.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It's certainly got some noticeable frame drops, but those didn't ruin the experience or anything. Not for me at least, your mileage may vary.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Didn't the PC Definitive Edition have lovely performance?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Didn't the PC Definitive Edition have lovely performance?

The only Anti Aliasing options are FXAA which blurs the image and SSAA which increases the strain on your GPU significantly since it renders the image at a higher resolution and then downscales it so it can be displayed on your monitor. That was the biggest cause of performance issues with the PC port.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It had more traffic, pedestrians and volumetric fog than the vanilla game, so it required beefier hardware to run at a locked 60 fps. The PS4 version doesn't run anywhere near a locked 60 fps, but it does at least look as good as the PC version at max settings.

edit: oh yeah the PC version had the AA thing too

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The only Anti Aliasing options are FXAA which blurs the image and SSAA which increases the strain on your GPU significantly since it renders the image at a higher resolution and then downscales it so it can be displayed on your monitor. That was the biggest cause of performance issues with the PC port.

That's what ReShade is for.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sleeping Dogs has a bizarre glitch where there's a huge rear end screen tear on Windows 10 unless you enable Steam's fps counter. I have no idea why this happens.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Hey, how do I buy/unlock the Muay Thai and MMA outfits? I read that it came with the Tournament DLC(that came with my definitive) but I don't know where to buy it. Do I have to play through that first? I'm still pretty early in the game but I found the stand that sells the other "Legendary Outfits" bu it's not listed there.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

YggiDee posted:

Sleeping Dogs has a bizarre glitch where there's a huge rear end screen tear on Windows 10 unless you enable Steam's fps counter. I have no idea why this happens.

Definitive or vanilla? I've never seen it on Win10 on definitive and I recorded a whole LP of the game on that version.

omg chael crash posted:

Hey, how do I buy/unlock the Muay Thai and MMA outfits? I read that it came with the Tournament DLC(that came with my definitive) but I don't know where to buy it. Do I have to play through that first? I'm still pretty early in the game but I found the stand that sells the other "Legendary Outfits" bu it's not listed there.

Yeah you need to finish Zodiac Tournament first.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

ChaosArgate posted:

Definitive or vanilla? I've never seen it on Win10 on definitive and I recorded a whole LP of the game on that version.

I have the vanilla edition, I'll have to assume it git fixed for the definitive.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah you need to finish Zodiac Tournament first.

Ah, dang

Want to throw some knees

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

When can I do that DLC? Is there a certain time that I should?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

omg chael crash posted:

When can I do that DLC? Is there a certain time that I should?

I think it opens up after the first act of story missions, though it may be tricky at that point.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

RandallODim posted:

I'm glad I'm still subscribed to this topic, because it warms my heart to see new posts in it as someone else discovers Sleepy Dogs.

This just makes me sad that there won't be Sleeping Dogs 2.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Syrant posted:

I found what I think is a healing shrine (or other collectible of similar icon-shape) but I haven't been able to figure it out.

It's located in Central, right here:

This is me standing directly atop the symbol.

None of the maps I've consulted show anything at all in the location but there is a health shrine location or something that is apparently supposed to be right there.

Just perusing the thread and noticed this; is there some kind of joke I'm missing?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Probably someone's image hosting got Repurposed. And I hate you for making me think there was some new Sleeping Dog stuff to post about... :(

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ambivalent posted:

Probably someone's image hosting got Repurposed. And I hate you for making me think there was some new Sleeping Dog stuff to post about... :(

me too. :( that game was great especially given the fact that it went though development hell. i need to play it again.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I recently re-played it. Still holds up well but I noticed how badly disjointed the plot is on my last play through.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ragingsheep posted:

I recently re-played it. Still holds up well but I noticed how badly disjointed the plot is on my last play through.

in what way? i dont disagree with you. i am just curious.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

You can tell how patchwork it gets from, I want to to say the last third onward - the Triad's politics are hugely accelerated, characters start dropping in and out like crazy, and I always like pointing out how Big Smile Lee literally does not get a single line of dialogue until he betrays everyone.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I dunno, this bump is good timing. I just started playing Definitive Edition for my replay (because I played regular SD first). It's still so good, random as some of the characters are (I don't disagree about the plot, and sometimes I'm like who is Conroy and/or Duke because only one of them gets a characterization, so why are there two hulking goons in Winston's crew) but you know, I just go with it. It all works as a whole. It's really drat strong even if some bits are a little weak.

now that said, in Definitive, when the heck do I unlock Wheels of Fury? Want that car.

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 22, 2016

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Pretty much just how characters get introduced and plot points get advanced. It feels like they intended a bit more exposition but it got cut due to budget reasons.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yeah, the first act is absolutely fantastic and the second is a really good follow up, but the third doesn't feel as tight. It's still one of my absolute favorite games, but the last act feels like there are parts missing.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Also the "girlfriend" segments were obviously chopped to pieces.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Psion posted:

now that said, in Definitive, when the heck do I unlock Wheels of Fury? Want that car.

The missions start around when you get the houseboat iirc. They're gated behind a few story missions in between after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

monster on a stick posted:

Also the "girlfriend" segments were obviously chopped to pieces.

Yeah, you can almost picture the design document in your head where a good chunk of that functionality was ripped out. Might have been less noticeable if they'd gated all of the rewards after a fight or something, for how half-baked they are.

I still haven't bought Definitive Edition, is it noticeably improved or just slightly more polished?

• Locked thread