Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Is there any way to break up a preset outfit? Like I'd love to get the Square Enix pack and wear Jensen's jacket without the sunglasses for example. Or the Rico outfit from JC2 without the arm blade thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I did some searching and one person on a forum suggested wearing your preset, then saving it as a custom outfit, then tweaking the custom outfit. I'm not sure if this will work because nobody replied to that thread with "yeah!" or "this doesn't work."

I'll try it later, see if it works. I expect I'll lose any associated bonuses, but that's no big deal.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I've played all of those games and Sleeping Dogs is seriously the most refreshing take on the genre in a long time. I think Rockstar fell into a rut with GTA4, Saints Row 3 isn't really a finished, complete product, but Sleeping Dogs is and is amazing.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm also running a 560ti and no problems. It does make my fans wind up pretty high so it's probably pushing your system pretty hard. I know it's the cliche answer but I just blew a ton of dust out of my case and it actually did help my fans from not going to max RPM the entire time, so get a can of compressed air?

of course I didn't have artifacting, just loud-rear end fans so that might not help you much.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

GET MY BELT SON posted:

I'm not sure if it's a bug or on purpose but a couple of times when the cops showed up I kept popping the drug dealers and once the last one went down the alarms stopped and the cops just walked away. Is this normal?

Happened to me once or twice. I don't know if it was the cops not seeing me firing or the cops just "locked on" to the triads and then ignored me or what.

also man triad XP why do you have to be so hard to grind? I can't figure out how to max it on Triad highway. I try to alternate tire shots and headshots but I never seem to make any XP at the end despite shooting approximately a million 18K bikes. I guess I'll have to replay some random plot missions.

cop XP is easy as hell and having a cop car as my valet vehicle means I have an on-demand pump shotgun, which is nice except that it's inferior to the pistols :mad:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Strangely enough, while I fairly often choose my radio stations when I'm playing GTA, in Sleeping Dogs I actually just tended to go with the flow with whatever came on. Some things I just wasn't keen on, but I really liked some of the more atmospheric and electronic stuff, and Chinese pop in particular.

Yeah, I did this too. A lot of good stations to choose from helped. I mean they may not have been standout amazing but none of them were bad. GTA and Saints Row always have at least one station I just cannot listen to, Sleeping Dogs did not.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Vehicles are primarily a taste thing, I don't think I ever really had a hard time just using whatever during races.

if you don't have the awesome Wheels of Fury car to run in Class A races, the ones I used were:

Class A - Velocita
Class B - Terre GT
Class C - Enterprise (maybe?)
Class A Bike - 1100 NA-R
Class B Bike - GX300

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

CJacobs posted:

Fun fact, video games can portray realism in certain aspects while remaining farcical in others! Weird how that works!

Technically verisimilitude, not realism. The entire argument is stupid anyway since "it's realistic, because ______" is inevitably the precursor to a very stupid argument about video games. Doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, because that argument is always, always bad.

e: I want to be clear I'm directing this at every person who's used the word realism, not singling you out.

Sleeping Dogs is an amazing game. Is it perfect in every single way? No. Is it a spectacular breath of fresh air for the genre? Absolutely yes. Can we reconcile these two facts? Easily.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 4, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I dunno, this bump is good timing. I just started playing Definitive Edition for my replay (because I played regular SD first). It's still so good, random as some of the characters are (I don't disagree about the plot, and sometimes I'm like who is Conroy and/or Duke because only one of them gets a characterization, so why are there two hulking goons in Winston's crew) but you know, I just go with it. It all works as a whole. It's really drat strong even if some bits are a little weak.

now that said, in Definitive, when the heck do I unlock Wheels of Fury? Want that car.

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 22, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

And let's not talk about how much time it took to open all the lockboxes :shepface:

Triad XP is harder to come by than I remembered, at least in Definitive. I've had police/face at 10 for a loooooong time, but Triad is barely at 8 and I'm running out of missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Doc Morbid posted:

The missions themselves are still in the Definitive Edition, but they can only be done once and have been changed a bit. Death by a Thousand Cuts is no longer an infinite brawl, it's now an incredibly annoying fight against 30 guys who have poison knives and you need to beat them all up to get any EXP.

Yeah I did that one the other day. It helps if you stay far away from the spawn point where they jump down because it spreads them out a bit, and one on one you can just keep chopping with the golden cleaver and rarely take a hit - plus your face meter will drat well skyrocket as you chain kills so you get 2-3 health regens on top of the +25 at 10/20 kills

I also must have either forgotten or never played the Zodiac Tournament. :lol: that sure was a weird DLC where Wei's lines were most likely 100% recycling voice clips. Not bad for 30 minutes though.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 25, 2016

• Locked thread