Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Revitalized posted:

Heads up, Sleeping Dogs is only $29.99 at GreenManGaming until July 9th. 25OFF-ALLTH-EGAME

Didn't really expect to see a discount like that before the game is even released!

I really want to get this game, but I've long since learned my lesson about buying games without knowing their system requirements. Has any indication bubbled up about what this game will require? I'm pretty sure that my dual core 3GHz is sufficient, but I'm uneasy about my 980 GTX+ video card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Revitalized posted:

Errr so GreenManGaming's weekend sale is over... but today's 24 hour sale is 30% off Sleeping Dogs, which is $5 more than it was on the weekend ($35 total)

So... still on sale for those who want to preorder this game.

HONGK-ONGTR-IADSS

Thanks for this. GMG didn't end up taking my paypal info or my primary credit card, but my secondary credit card work.

I have a suspicion that the denial glitch with their payment system appears if you have multiple accounts that have ever used the same payment information (say, if you were unscrupulously trying to game the system with self-referral links). This is a hypothetical, of course, as I would never accuse anyone (let alone myself) of being such a cheap bastard.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

That....uh...that's actually a little more intense than I expected. I wasn't anticipating a sequel to the Punisher here.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Goddamnit, back when I preordered in July, there weren't specific system specs, so I went off of similar comparisons on the same engine. Now I find out that since then, official specs have been released that don't support XP. :argh:

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

kri kri posted:

Why are you still on XP

A mix of familiarity, "don't fix what ain't broke," and a lack of valid reasons to really upgrade. This might be the straw that broke the camel's back, though.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Technically I use Windows XP x64 Pro, so I'm already used to three quarters of poo poo not running for compatibility issues. Don't worry guys, I'm looking into how to upgrade to Win 7 x64 by the end of the week :eng99:

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

Nope. Get the 15% triad xp bonus outfits ASAP, because missions are the only way.

Death by 1000 cuts gets you triad experience, even post game (as does the highway shootout). Missions are not the only source.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Jade Statutes hidden inside locked buildings are found during story missions. Be attentive to the scenery!

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

So I know that NiNP was relatively well received as content DLC (anyone want to estimate the length? 1 hour? 2?), but how is the Zodiac Tournament? I had preordered the game back when it came out and poopsocked through it, but now that the DLC is on sale on steam, I was thinking of making another go at it. Opinions on what to pick up?

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

No mention of the drunken martial arts style? That's the DLC that interests me the most! Good, bad, or ugly?

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I also imagine playing through the game as if it were Deus Ex is also awesome, looking through the bundle of treasures that is the Steam's collection of costume packs.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Oh poo poo, if that DLC complete pack goes on the -75% community sale, I am all loving over that.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Argh! The DLC pack is stuck at -50%, despite winning! :steam: :sigh: :steam:

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Considering that the daily Steamsale involves EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF DLC for $14, I'm jumping on all of it.

Hopefully I can disable the cheat-like ones (High Roller DLC, etc) while keeping the awesome ones, like the Adam Jensen outfit and the drunken master DLC.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Ah well, I've already played through the entire game. I'll just be rerunning it to dink around with the new outfits.

Sputnik fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

Outfits are sets that can't be broken up, sadly.

• Locked thread