Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Following a show-stopping debut at Salute 2012 the new 10mm wargame Dropzone Commander is available for pre-order here for release on July 23rd, so I thought I'd try to drum up some interest.

Pricing looks reasonable in general, and they have some army bundles that save a few pounds over buying individuall. The smallest army being cheaper than the current Space Marine battle force (for you GW people). And the rulebook is £15 for 152 pages, in full colour. I'm not quite ready to commit to an army myself just yet, but I will be ordering the rulebook and probably a model two. And then inevitably an army, or all of them. I am a Hobby Idiot.

They seem to be using some sort of super duper resin which holds detail incredibly well and, according to people who've tested it on other forums, is incredibly resilient to being dropped and being bent. By all accounts Finecast does not compare at all. Although obviously take that with a pinch of salt until one of us gets hold of some to try.
The pictures below are just a few of the units available, obviously there are lots more on the website.

Fluff:

quote:

It is the Year 2670
A Golden Age of humanity has passed into history. A time when mankind
advanced implacably and unopposed through the stars has gone beyond living memory.

Planet Earth and the original Cradle Worlds are lost to the great foe, the Scourge.
The shattering invasion of this terrible enemy has torn the domains of man asunder.

The remnants of human civilisation now exist in a collection of frontier planets.
Thinly spread and underdeveloped, they are pale shadows of mankind's former glories.

However, this is not an age without hope.
Humanity has found new strength, unity and purpose in these times of dire fortune.
The colonies are undertaking a period of vigorous, dynamic expansion,
unrivalled in the history of our race, united by a common purpose - Reconquest.

The armies of the United Colonies of Mankind march towards humanities' former heartland,
battling the dreaded Scourge one world at a time. Many enemies and allies await on this journey;
an odyssey through the stars towards a distant and glittering goal - Earth.

The Game:

The rules aren't out yet, but here's how Hawk Wargames describe it.

quote:

You join this universe in the earliest days of mankind's ambitious invasion to retake the central planets from the Scourge. Bloody battles and epic conflict awaits as races, generals and individuals take sides. Whether you're fighting for humanity, the Scourge or for your own ends is up to you!

Dropzone Commander (DzC) is a 10mm scale sci-fi tabletop wargame, devised for mass battles between two or more players. The rules are designed for efficient and dynamic games which can be played on a standard 4'x4' table (although larger tables work well also!).

The rules are based on an alternate activation system, which keeps the action constant and involving. They are also scalable, and will cater for tactical skirmishes as well as titanic clashes of metal and firepower. This is accomplished whilst never sacrificing the character of individual units, and indeed all the colour and eventfulness of battle.

A vast array of war machines will be at your disposal, but this does not belittle the importance of the humble infantryman.

The game is built around the concept of rapid deployment and redeployment of your forces by airborne dropships, exemplifying the pace of combat on the battlefields of the future. This makes for a tactical and fast paced experience, where quick thinking and strokes of genius often bring victory.

The factions:

United Colonies of Mankind (UCM).

quote:

Forged in desperation, united by adversity and resurgent in power, the UCM exists for a single purpose - to wrest mankind's lost strongholds from the clutches of the Scourge. A collection of diverse and remote frontier worlds, the UCM is a restless cultural melting pot, bubbling with a righteous desire for vengeance.

One and a half centuries after the Scourge captured Earth and the Cradle Worlds, the UCM has expanded beyond all recognition. The greatest military force in the history of humanity has been assembled; a vast armada recently unleashed against enemies old and new.

quote:

The UCM are all-rounder's, with the ability to field a good number of troops. The UCM also has a lot of choice for air power, such as the awesome Seraphim. Their dropships are some of the cheapest in the game in terms of points cost, and as such they can normally get a few more ground units onto the table than other armies.

Post-Human Republic (PHR).

quote:

A tiny portion of humanity turned its back on mankind in the waning days of the last Golden Age. Over one and a half centuries later, the PHR has emerged from the shadows as an unrecognisable civilisation, its people irrevocably changed. They are no longer simple human beings, they are post-humans - cyborgs.

A society no more than three billion strong, the PHR is a nation of elites, each individual more than a match for several lesser mortals. With remarkable speed, they have made technological advancements surpassing those of the UCM. Since its fiery birth, the PHR has been guided by the enigmatic White Sphere, a mysterious object of immense power. It is treated by the people of the PHR with a reverence bordering on worship.

quote:

The PHR have the widest range of weapon options and upgrades, as well as some of the toughest units in the game. what they lack in numbers they make up for in quality. Almost every choice is better equipped than equivalents, although normally cost more points.

Shaltari Tribes.

quote:

The Shaltari are an ancient and highly developed species. Their technology is advanced to a level of sophistication rivalled only by its potency. They have traversed the stars for millennia, learned myriad truths, and have fought countless wars. Through their knowledge, the Shaltari transcend even death itself, and can endure indefinitely, perceiving the ebb and flow of time like no other race.

In battle, the Shaltari are fearsome adversaries. Their swiftness is unmatched, their firepower unequalled, their bravery undeniable. The beauty of their constructs bellies their true nature; engines of death, honed to lethal perfection long before humanity learned to throw stones. They are peerless masters of technology.

quote:

The Shaltari operate very differently from the other races, since they use teleport gates to deploy and relocate on the battlefield. This gives the player a wealth of tactical options. their units are lightly armoured, although this is offset by their use of 'Passive Countermeasures' -all encompassing energy shields which effectively give them a saving throw from shots at any range or power.

The Scourge

quote:

The Scourge are foul, neuro-parasitic lifeforms which can utterly dominate an unfortunate host, bending its life to its will. They thrive on the conquest and absorption of other races, their very mode of existence as potent a threat as their formidable battlefield technology. They are the galaxy's ultimate predators.

Their breathtaking assimilation of the central planets, including Earth itself, has made them the primary threat to the very existence of mankind. Their methods of killing on the battlefield are abhorrent to witness, but violent death at the hand of their potent plasma weaponry can be as nothing compared to the dread of being taken alive.

quote:

The Scourge are fast, aggressive and devastating at close range. Shrewd players will benefit most from their abilities, since left exposed their units can absorb less punishment that those of the other races. they also have several unorthodox units (such as the Desolator), which gives them some interesting modes of attack.

Scenery:

Unfortunately the extremely cool modular building terrain (all the buildings in the pictures) isn't available yet, nor is their cheaper alternative card scenery. However, as they point out 10mm is pretty much the scale for model railway scenery.

The modular system they've come up with seems to be similar to Cities of Death, in that it's a series of tiles which lock together however you please. Apparently this would scale up, with enough kits, to build skyscrapers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Post Humans look nails

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I don't dig the colour scheme too much but the Shaltari stuff itself looks pretty neat. Teleporty play style sounds potentially fun too.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I have a gigantic boner over the thought of using that terrain for Epic Armageddon.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I was super enthused for weeks about this game. Then the site went live and the prices are a bit of a ballstomp. The starter sets are around 100 dollars each.

I like the models a lot, but im leary of cost, and game size. If it uses a lot of models, like it loooks like it will...then its going to be wh40k type of pricey.

Still somewhat interested, but that took the wind out of my sails a bit.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

PaintVagrant posted:

I was super enthused for weeks about this game. Then the site went live and the prices are a bit of a ballstomp. The starter sets are around 100 dollars each.

I like the models a lot, but im leary of cost, and game size. If it uses a lot of models, like it loooks like it will...then its going to be wh40k type of pricey.

Keep in mind that, as a brand new game, there's no established "points level" that everyone plays at. If you want to run a dropship, a couple grav-tanks and some Prowlers as the Scourge it may well be perfectly viable and fun!

EDIT: Or they could gently caress you into needing MASSIVE ARMIES and a MILLION INFANTRY. It's kind of up in the air at the moment :v:

Mikael Kreoss fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 10, 2012

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, the price on the starters is pretty up there for such an unknown quantity. Compare it to something like Assault on Black Reach, where you actually get more models per faction, two factions, plus a copy of the rules and some dice. And that thing initially retailed for what, $75?

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl
If it's remotely possible I want to run like a million prowlers and Plasma-gently caress tanks to death :dong:. Because it's funny.

SRF
Oct 31, 2011

PaintVagrant posted:

According to their rules FAQ, "the amount of models you get in the starter armies is a good benchmark for the smallest sized game which can involve most of the game mechanics."

But I'm still not convinced by the old "£70 really isn't that much if you consider that it buys you everything you need to play the game" - fact is, the price per model is pretty bad, especially for 10mm.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
It looks pretty awesome! The models look ripe for magnetising so I can clip in and zoom my units around the battlefield. That being said, they could go the $$ route and make you buy full/empty dropships and the cargo to represent a unit.

I agree with PV though, £70 for a starter box, not including the rules seems really steep to me, that is pretty much on par with buying a warhammer starter (£61.50); and to be honest that really puts me off.

I still have an interest though, and would like to base my decision on seeing the rules + I have a huge nerd boner for dropships, whoosh!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Fix posted:

Yeah, the price on the starters is pretty up there for such an unknown quantity. Compare it to something like Assault on Black Reach, where you actually get more models per faction, two factions, plus a copy of the rules and some dice. And that thing initially retailed for what, $75?

You're right, but with AoBR you still then need to buy the rest of your models to make a game legal army. What you get in that box is less than half what you need for the realistic minimum decent game. AoBR is designed as a loss leader, and it only lets you play AoBR until you invest more.
At least with these deals you buy the rule book and the deal you want, and then you're able to play a proper game. In theory anyway.

I'm the going to buy the rulebook from Hawk Wargames, then get the models from somewhere like https://www.darksphere.co.uk at (I'm guessing) a discount.

No Pun Intended posted:

It looks pretty awesome! The models look ripe for magnetising so I can clip in and zoom my units around the battlefield. That being said, they could go the $$ route and make you buy full/empty dropships and the cargo to represent a unit.

The designer has said in interviews that while he designed it so that every unit can physically be carried by it's dropship (either permanently or with magnets), it is purely a modelling choice and irrelevant to game mechanics.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 11, 2012

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Are there any hints to hte game rules at all? I saw they sell card packs, for more "game flavor". Which reminds me exactly of firestorm armada/etc, which are imo lovely games. This guy used to sculpt for spartan, I hope his rules are nothing like theirs.

Any idea what an "average" game size is?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I forgot to say, there will be a developer Q&A going on on Facebook tomorrow. So hopefully we will get more information about specific mechanics then.

Also there are some general bits of info about gameplay in the FAQ.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 11, 2012

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

You're right, but with AoBR you still then need to buy the rest of your models to make a game legal army. What you get in that box is less than half what you need for the realistic minimum decent game. AoBR is designed as a loss leader, and it only lets you play AoBR until you invest more.
At least with these deals you buy the rule book and the deal you want, and then you're able to play a proper game. In theory anyway.

Well, a rulebook and two of the deals you want. That's about $230 worth of kit, just for the minimum game.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

The designer has said in interviews that while he designed it so that every unit can physically be carried by it's dropship (either permanently or with magnets), it is purely a modelling choice and irrelevant to game mechanics.

That seems... Sensible. The inner grog is disappointed by their use of logic and reason.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Fix posted:

Well, a rulebook and two of the deals you want. That's about $230 worth of kit, just for the minimum game.

Only if you're buying two armies, I would assume that most people would only buy one to start with.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Only if you're buying two armies, I would assume that most people would only buy one to start with.

Yeah, but you need two to play, whether it's you and a buddy splitting the cost or what, compare it to the starter kits for other games. Warmahordes or 40k or Fantasy or Heavy Gear or whatever, this is a lot more.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
I thought these were pretty boss 6mm models. Now I see they are 10mm. Meh. Unless the rules are amazing or my FLGS starts stocking them AND running events for it, I'm not gonna bother. And judging from the price point I think I'll be the better for it. I can get two wm/h starters for the price of one of theirs. Or Island of Blood. Both options come with a bit more bang for my buck IMO. Or if you want a scale comparison, I can get the Flames of War starter box with the 5 tanks or so AND a company box of infantry.

Also I really think the bases for the infantry stands don't work at all for that scale, and everything else I've said is just kinda made up on the spot to justify my dislike of the game based on the bases.

Yep, I'm judging a game based on its basing.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I wasn't too excited about this, but the Scourge flying through the overgrown model train set was all it took.

Do we really not know how much you get for $100? That seems like a pretty big PR shortcoming.

e: The site is up. And man, $100 doesn't get you don't get a lot.

e2: For reference, $100 buys you SIX HUNDRED of these guys:

(Old Glory 10mm Romans)

I just can't see this taking off in most places.

moths fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 11, 2012

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

moths posted:

I wasn't too excited about this, but the Scourge flying through the overgrown model train set was all it took.

Do we really not know how much you get for $100? That seems like a pretty big PR shortcoming.

e: The site is up. And man, $100 doesn't get you don't get a lot.

That 100 dollars seems to get you quite a bit in terms of a 10mm game that relies on vehicles and aircraft, I think. Also you can knock 10 percent off the top by ordering from Warstore.

Also thanks to Rapey Joe Stalin for making this thread because I'm really psyched about this game. A buddy of mine is pretty much guaranteed to pick up some PHR stuff so I'll do a trip report when that happens.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 11, 2012

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

Lincoln-fish, the most powerful of all the Lincoln based animals.
I'm buying the Shaltari starter box and PHR or UCM dependong on what my FLGS doesn't pick. I'm kind of pissed that I will be away from a month right after these thinks come out.

Fake edit:
Am I the only one who thinks half the Scourge models are underwhelming?

Real edit:

PaintVagrant posted:

Are there any hints to hte game rules at all? I saw they sell card packs, for more "game flavor". Which reminds me exactly of firestorm armada/etc, which are imo lovely games. This guy used to sculpt for spartan, I hope his rules are nothing like theirs.

Any idea what an "average" game size is?

Cards are War-machine/Hords style I believe. They are mini-unit rules and wound tracking systems. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.
I was wrong.

Yea, their drop ships and MPT are kind of stupid. I'm not a big fan of UCM MBTs either but their other tanks make up for it and they are the only tracked tank army.

Nothing bad can be said about the Shaltari though. loving 30ft war strides. Awesome.
And the PHR easily has the best drop-ships, flyers, and APCs.
vvvvvv

Kwosge fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 11, 2012

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Kwosge posted:

I'm buying the Shaltari starter box and PHR or UCM dependong on what my FLGS doesn't pick. I'm kind of pissed that I will be away from a month right after these thinks come out.

Fake edit:
Am I the only one who thinks half the Scourge models are underwhelming?

The scourge vehicle dropships are goofy as gently caress, and I'm iffy on their MBTs. But the rest of their poo poo looks awesome, especially the swarm vehicle things.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

S.J. posted:

That 100 dollars seems to get you quite a bit in terms of a 10mm game that relies on vehicles and aircraft, I think.

I realize you're paying for the resin, but you could buy 20 boxes of MonPoc at 5 And Below and cover a table with pre-paints that will look better than what the schlubs at my LGS could do with these.

I mean, they're pretty models and all but this is absolutely not a bargain.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

moths posted:

I realize you're paying for the resin, but you could buy 20 boxes of MonPoc at 5 And Below and cover a table with pre-paints that will look better than what the schlubs at my LGS could do with these.

I mean, they're pretty models and all but this is absolutely not a bargain.

No one's saying it's a bargain. None of the games we play are bargains. People are freaking out about the word 'starter' but realistically these seem no different than the GW battleforces, except that most of the GW battleforces are poo poo for actual list building, and cost slightly more. I'll hold my bad attitude for when I get the rules. We still don't know whether or not he's going to be bringing out a 2 player starter or not.

Also Mon Poc is cheap because everyone is trying to get rid of that poo poo before it goes to non collectible.

Chenghiz
Feb 14, 2007

WHITE WHALE
HOLY GRAIL
Getting a really strong Ground Control vibe from this, which is cool.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Right, but even still those starters are poorly priced relative to every other game in this hobby. $100 is a huge buy-in for some matchbox spaceships, no matter how pretty they are or how good the rules.

(I'm probably just trying to talk myself out of impulse-buying the Scourge set.)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

moths posted:

Right, but even still those starters are poorly priced relative to every other game in this hobby. $100 is a huge buy-in for some matchbox spaceships, no matter how pretty they are or how good the rules.

(I'm probably just trying to talk myself out of impulse-buying the Scourge set.)

Uhm, no they're not. The 40k and Fantasy equivalents are the battleforces, not AoBR. And the battleforces cost more and are generally not good.

And besides, even if we compare it to AoBR, you're still talking about 50 bucks per person, and then another 35-40 bucks per person just to get the actual rules for your faction (assuming you share the rulebook) before you buy even a single model more. And that's assuming one player actually wants to play Marines and one wants to play Orks.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

quote:

Deck of 40 full colour PHR command cards. These add flavour to games, and are central to the game's command mechanics. Games may be played without commanders, but these provide many additional tactical options and surprises!

Not stat cards, or if there are stat cards these command cards are seperate. It also refers to needing 20 d6. Still sounds like spartan games'

moths
Aug 25, 2004

S.J. posted:

Uhm, no they're not. The 40k and Fantasy equivalents are the battleforces, not AoBR. And the battleforces cost more and are generally not good.

Are they putting out a two-force starter that comes with a rulebook?

The point of the starter is that it's what you buy when you start playing. As far as I can tell, there's no dollars-for-toys ratio worse than this at an intro level.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

moths posted:

Are they putting out a two-force starter that comes with a rulebook?

The point of the starter is that it's what you buy when you start playing. As far as I can tell, there's no dollars-for-toys ratio worse than this at an intro level.

The same is true for 40k and Fantasy if you want to play anything except the stuff they put in the starter.

We don't know if they're doing a regular 2 player start or not at this point. And again, you're not really paying 50 bux a pop for AoBR, it's more like 85-95 bux a pop.

Realistically, Privateer Press is the exception as far as introductory boxes go, and maybe Corvus Belli. But even then there are plenty of lovely intro boxes to be found.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

S.J. posted:

Realistically, Privateer Press is the exception as far as introductory boxes go, and maybe Corvus Belli. But even then there are plenty of lovely intro boxes to be found.

:ssh: This might be one of them. :ssh:

The simple fact is that we don't know.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fix posted:

:ssh: This might be one of them. :ssh:

The simple fact is that we don't know.

I'm aware of that, and if that's the case, then we can start bitching about it. But we also don't know whether or not the intro case is gonna be like, half of a decent sized army, either, so it's kind of silly to complain about prices. Especially considering that most people who buy into mini games throw a hundred bux out the door like it aint no thing.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It just seems like they're setting themselves up for an incredible uphill climb with the apparent lack of a intro-priced starter. Even Flames of War has a $50 intro box, and Battlefront prices are typically in GW's neighborhood.

I think the difference here is that I'm talking about the comparative value of the physical models in the box, and you're valuing those boxes in game terms.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

moths posted:

It just seems like they're setting themselves up for an incredible uphill climb with the apparent lack of a intro-priced starter. Even Flames of War has a $50 intro box, and Battlefront prices are typically in GW's neighborhood.

I think the difference here is that I'm talking about the comparative value of the physical models in the box, and you're valuing those boxes in game terms.

The physical value of the models at this point is almost entirely going to be based in game terms. We just don't know what those terms are yet. If you wanna do a material comparison to the FoW box then FoW's starter looks pretty lovely even at half the price.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

But that same hundred bucks gets you more than two square feet of GW plastic, dice, ruler-sticks, templates, rulebook, and a quickstart guide. And even the Flames box has a full rules and five resin tanks for only $20 over what Dropzone Commander's book (a more appropriate comparative product) goes for.

Hawk's starting with two big questions against it:
- Do I want to bet $130 that someone I can stand will play this?
- Would I prefer to put that $130 into a game and circle I already know that I like?

Even in this ridiculously peer-driven hobby of spendthrifts, $130 is an unprecedented price-of-admission for one. Especially when you only get a handful of models that really aren't much more exceptional that what you could get for one fifth the price.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

moths posted:

But that same hundred bucks gets you more than two square feet of GW plastic, dice, ruler-sticks, templates, rulebook, and a quickstart guide. And even the Flames box has a full rules and five resin tanks for only $20 over what Dropzone Commander's book (a more appropriate comparative product) goes for.

Hawk's starting with two big questions against it:
- Do I want to bet $130 that someone I can stand will play this?
- Would I prefer to put that $130 into a game and circle I already know that I like?

Even in this ridiculously peer-driven hobby of spendthrifts, $130 is an unprecedented price-of-admission for one. Especially when you only get a handful of models that really aren't much more exceptional that what you could get for one fifth the price.

Plastic is cheaper, the ruler sticks are literally trash, the quickstart guide is mildly helpful at best, the dice aren't even remotely enough to play with. The Flames of War box doesn't have anything but bad plastic versions of their resin tanks, and while it has the full rules, it doesn't have the other third of what you pay for when you buy the rulebook.

Hawks starter costs 105, not 130.

The actual price of admission to 40k is way, way more than the AoBR box set.

We still don't know anything about whether or not the deals will actually be worth it in game terms, which is ultimately the most important thing if the game is good. You sound like you are desperately trying to come up with reasons not to buy into this game.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

S.J. posted:

Hawks starter costs 105, not 130.

The other $25 is the rulebook.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Fix posted:

The other $25 is the rulebook.

Duh, I should've thought of that. Still. At this point I think the prices only sound high because we don't know anything about the game yet. Considering the guy was saying they played a lot on 4x4 tables I'm not worried about having to buy hundreds of tanks, and they outright said you don't need a lot of infantry to play. The price structure for the vehicles is really, really similar to FoW and tank companies are relatively cheap in that game (not including extraneous bullshit like artillery that costs way, way too much for the models).

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

The glory of this game being 10mm is you could potentially buy them and have a train set as an excuse to get terrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So reaffirming my stance that PHR looks brilliant, UCM + Scourge look boring in comparison.

I won't argue how expensive the price is, I'm hanging out to see just how much of an army the starters actually are, they say it's for the smallest size of the game, but what does that meeeeean.

Although It's a bummer the PHR set doesn't include the awesome looking Taranis. :(

Apropros of nothing, why no option for a PDF rule book?

• Locked thread