Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Is this where people post about 3K? I just started playing and I am curious if anyone is aware of a mod or a way to force the AI to accept terms? I'm playing as Gongsun Zan and some rear end in a top hat in south China marched up through like 8 warlords' territories to take a minor settlement from the Han right next to me. Its stupid and I want to fix it by cheating rather than fight an eternal hellwar against some stupid stubborn AI on the other side of the planet. Otherwise I dont want to cheat but this is stupid and rather than abandon yet another campaign because of some stupid Total War bullcrap I'd like to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

VietCampo posted:

Just take the province, chances are that guy becomes someone's vassal before he even marches back across the map to fight you.
He's listed as rich, owner of 4 commanderies, and more powerful than I am (I just have one high quality army) so I'm worried he'll just swamp me with armies.

lurksion posted:

Also 3K has actually functional diplomacy. The AI is perfectly willing to take peace offers in 3K, though obviously situation dependent.
I heard this but it is not my experience at all.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 11, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Can anyone point me to a good resource on learning about and dealing with Corruption? I'm already releasing the occasional vassal and building as many corruption-reducing buildings as possible, so I'm looking for more advanced math kinda stuff. For example I am curious if you gain corruption per-whole Commandery, per Settlement, or something in-between; I am asking because I'm not sure if I would want to spin some provincial capitals off but keep the farms, then trade food to the vassals for more cash.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

So Three Kingdoms is 50% off. Worth it I take it?
I bought it 33% a few months ago and its worth it. I had a hard time getting into it because its so different than total Warhammer but once I got some help from a friend I really got going and I am a big fan now. It is really well polished, or at least the new-game-infatuation is still telling me that. Only things I havent liked are some of the random events and how generals randomly gain traits - reminds me of the heady days of Rome 1. I can overlook the faults easily, though. Essentially... this:

JacksLibido posted:

Worth it.

3k adds A LOT to the game that is awesome, but suffers from the historical game unit sameness. Overall great to play, and makes WH2 seem really old and simple in comparison, except for unit and faction variety.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 25, 2020

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I dont like Records because it means that every army has heavy cav due to every army having a general. I'd rather a squishy single entity than my opponent having yet more micro-advantage units over me.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Arcsquad12 posted:

Sometimes its small stuff like that which makes a campaign more bearable. I also really like Attila and Shogun 2's battle system because they're more on the side of combat being hyper lethal. I like the spectacle of Warhammer but getting a full volley of javelins into the back of a unit and watching it just die is immensely satisfying.
Yeah this is part of why I like 3K so much. A unit of even medium cav rear charging a unit of archers can pretty much delete it. Its rare but its awesome. I also really appreciated that at the end of my first 3k campaign as Gongsun Zan, I had already knocked off one of the two fake emperors and when I was bearing down on Yuan Shu who had stolen the other Emperor seat, he just surrendered. I had the entire Yellow River basin and everything north of it in the east, plus Chang'an and all the Silk, while Yuan Shu had like 5 total settlements. He just outright gave me all his poo poo and the Emperor title which blew me away because total war AI is usually just a joke.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RoyalScion posted:

It's also why you should always aim to make Sun Ce your heir or faction leader since he gives +100% charge bonus to shock cavalry :getin:.
Sun Ce is absurd, especially if you do his A World Betrayed campaign. He personally is just nuts:

Also, in A World Betrayed his mechanic that lets him grant XP (essentially a level each time) to a character once he builds up an Expertise pool (which goes up crazy fast once you have a lot of leaders in your court). Then, related to that, each of his cabinet positions gets more powerful the higher the level the leader you put in the position; one position that reduces building build times.... which, if the character in that position is level 8, reduces build times by 3 turns and the cost by a decent amount. Combined with the build time tech you uh, you build things pretty quick.

Then on top of all of that, his other campaign mechanic is silly because if you can manage to conquer enough before the luck runs down too low, you're totally insane, forever:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

my favorite playthrough has been ma teng with maxed out shock cavalry rushing down to conquer the nanman. they can't do anything to a few hundred shock cavalry
whelp, I know what my next campaign is

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Wu is great but the south just feels a little too easy to me. Having Shi Xie and the Nanman tribes helps a little but that whole south-east area is so easy to steamroll and I find if I try playing the Yan Baihu I just get crushed by the AI-controlled Wu. It's too bad because that part of the map seems like it has a lot of potential. Maybe I should do a Kong Rong start or something and try to migrate down there.
In my limited experience, the south east is really good, yeah. From Cangwu close to the coast on the southernmost river down to the coast then up to the mouth of the Yangtze there are 4 major settlements with a jetties/dock/port/whateverYouWantToCallIt building and I think each of them can spec something - Cangwu can go really hard on Peasant income if you want (it has a cow pasture and a logging camp so it has a good baseline of peasant income and the food to do the food sale (-6 food for like 200 peasant income) building then just stack % increases), the next one down has a Trade Port minor settlement so it can go ham on the Commerce income, and one of the other two can spec industry. And it just so happens that those port buildings in major cities give increments of 10% increase to commerce income faction wide for each tier for the Sun family. So 4 of those that I mentioned plus the 3 cities like that that are nearby on the Yangtze... you have 140% commerce income that isnt hard to take as someone starting down there and once you have it, all but one of those major cities is south of the Yangtze so its not hard to hold, either.

edit: I'm at work otherwise I would be able to be much more specific

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Who at CA do I need to bribe to add a Han start anywhere in this area of the map?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Electronico6 posted:

That's where Sun Ce starts and expands in the World Betrayed DLC.
Yeah I played as him and he is turbo OP.

His ministers get better with skill AND he gets a mechanic to give characters free XP. One of the minister roles gives a construction cost discount and build time discount, maxing the time at -3. With the tech, pretty much everything builds in one turn, which is insane for your economy.

edit: Liu ... Yang, I think, has a unique portrait and I would love if you could play as him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Blooming Brilliant posted:

That's Liu Zhang, who I'm guessing will be added as FLC with probably a Ma Chao/Tong Pass DLC (Ma Chao vs. Cao Cao was 211 and Liu Bei's conquest of Yi/Liu Zhang's territory was not long afterwards).

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

The records about the area probably aren't the best. The only warlords RTK has down there(other than Yan Baihu) are Liu Yao and Wang Lang(who are currently minors).

Liu Yao controls a rich commandery and was one of Sun Ce's main antagonists(IIRC, he's also Liu Dai's brother. Random fact). Historically, after Sun Ce defeated him, he holed up further south, in Yuzhang, and managed to hold out until he died in 199, at which point his remaining forces surrendered. He had a son, but I've never even seen him named, so he must have been a Tao Ying-esque non-entity.

Wang Lang was an up-and-coming official appointed to Hui Ji, but I'm not sure that he did much before getting pasted by Sun Ce. He wound up escaping and serving Cao Cao for the rest of his life.

Other than them, it's just Han officials and bandits who are even more obscure. Oh, and the one Yellow Turban group down there.
Ahh thank you both for the info - I still have not read the books (there are books, right?) or the Chinese TV show that I have heard about (queue CaoCaoLaughing.gif) so I have no idea what is going on in the big picture. I know a few of the names from playing Dynasty Warriors in my teens but thats it. The Bandit playstyle doesnt jive with me at this point but I'm the kind of person that likes some space to breathe but most of the playable characters are all up in one swath of land and I feel like it turns into a thunderdome pretty quick.

The west really needs Liu Yan/Zhang and Zhang Lu, while we're at it.
I almost circled that bald spot south of Ma Teng / north of the Nanman, too, as somewhere I would like to see a start position :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Oh, I don't know very much more than you.
The big problem is that, in this time period, the South was relatively sparsely populated and remote from the center of power(in this era, the Central Plains region that is heavily populated with warlords is where most of the people and the economy were situated). Particularly once you get away from the Chang Jiang/Yangtze River, Han control was probably very loose and more notional than actual. It wasn't until after the 3K era the South began taking off as a population center(mostly because much of the north ended up being overrun by various invaders).
Yeah I was surprised to see that much of the southeast coast is 'uncolonized' land in most of the start dates but I guess that all makes sense.

ninjahedgehog posted:

If we ever get a Red Cliffs, Yiling or Three Kingdoms Proper start date, that's Liu Bei's turf, I believe.
Shu is over there so that was my guess, and a friend confirmed my suspicion. Its funny to me that Liu Bei, history's greatest scoundrel, managed to migrate all the way over there from his humble beginnings in the mountains of Dong.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eimi posted:

I hate the bandit playstyle just because it ruined Zheng Jiang. My favorite start/character and I am just not into the rework.
Yeah its weird and maybe it doesnt jive with me because I just dont know the game that well yet and once I understand the mechanics and how to abuse them better. But a bunch of the mechanics just seem to go against the logic of how you want to normally run things which just may make it impossible for my brain :shrug:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Empire had... some good ideas? I liked the attempt to break up provinces into a bunch of locations so there was more going on in them then just having A Settlement. The biggest experiment was making the whole of France a singular province. Which in the end meant that defeating France involved winning a single battle.

But god, the AI couldn't handle any of it.
Having France and Russia (and whatever else) as massive, single-capital provinces was the worst possible decision and simple playtesting would have revealed this. They must have had a strict timeline for release or ran into some major issues that they had to firefight first because I cant imagine why the game was released the way it was. Having Sweden be playable was stupid because there was nothing you could do about Russia attacking every few turns because the AI was so dumb. It was impossible to hold Moscow because it would revolt every other turn but didnt make enough money to support having an army there to protect it. And if you gave it back to the Russians to buy peace, they just broke the peace deal and declared war a few turns later anyway, forcing you to go take Moscow again...

AI England was programmed to send a full stack army to Egypt on turn 15 or something. If you kill it as the Ottomans? They send another. All this only if the player is Ottomans, though. It was completely absurd.

edit: I would love to see Empire 2 (or just a new series name starting on a slightly different date if they decide Empire was too bad to iterate on) with 3K's city management style.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Chad Jihad posted:

I don't understand, why is the legitimate emperor and true winner of the Three Kingdoms period, Yuan Shu, not in the new start-date?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Chad Jihad posted:

This guy gets it
:hfive:

The Chad Jihad posted:

More seriously, I wonder how the new mechanics will effect the Yuan Shao Vassal Swarm
Or, when playing as him, his 75% discount on captain retinue upkeep.

edit: also, his inability to deal with corruption because his unique admin building replaces the one that allows for adjacent-commandery-reduction

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Xan posted:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

edit: also, his inability to deal with corruption because his unique admin building replaces the one that allows for adjacent-commandery-reduction
The "Coin Maker" building? No it does not.
I guess I should have been more specific - I specified Unique Admin Building because this is Yuan Shao's Unique Admin building (notice which building chain it replaces):

While most other Han factions get this as an option in their administration building chain:

Yuan Shao can get the coin maker but it is his only corruption reducing option and it is hard for him to get Copper so he can take full advantage of it - without Copper you only get -10% local rather than -15% local & adjacent from the coin maker chain.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 25, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Doomhammer posted:

according to him in the comments, since Sun Ce is very close to his death in this starting date, he starts with extremely low reckless luck and you have to move very quickly to save him. sounds like a nice and stressful start position for the Wu fans this time around.
Sun Ce is super OP in his A World Betrayed start so it will be interesting to see if he is still salvageable or if they changed his Reckless Luck mechanic at all.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

People usually say you get close victories because you use all your ammo but uhh, I am curious how CA can explain this one...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I want shogun 3 in the tw3k style with samurai warriors style hero units
You want to watch Samurai die in a hail of arrows?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Flipswitch posted:

The diplomacy and campaign screen is full of life to the older TW titles and I think it's key to the franchise going forward. It works really drat well with the setting too!
I agree about it being key to the franchise going further. If they can continue to improve and iterate on the diplomacy they could very much unlock the ability to do Empire 2 or just rebrand it to Imperialism or something. I would just love to see Europe brought to life with a campaign map to the standard and style that 3K has, especially if they gave it a similar system (updated to be European of course) of city management. Which reminds me that I would love to see more landmarks and have them actually do something. e.g. the canal near Chang'an (Mengguo Canal or something?) - if you look it up it was supposed to be a crazy boondoggle that was proposed by an agent of a rival kingdom but ended up vastly improving the farmland in that area with all the irrigation, so it would be neat if either there was a farm settlement there OR they added a modifier to Chang'an that if you build a farm in the major settlement it produces double the food or something to make the area unique.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Flipswitch posted:

STs video now has me wanting to play Yuan Shao. The new units look really cool.
As someone who just recently played a bunch of Yuan Shao.... I'm glad there are other people they are adding for me to play as!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

My take on Liu Bei is that while he is portrayed as the most virtuous leader in history he is really the greatest conman in history.
A good and trusted friend of mine told me that Liu Bei is one of history's greatest scoundrels, and based on what I have learned about him by playing 3K then reading up on events and stuff has me agreeing 100%.

Another good and trusted friend of mine started calling Liu Bei "Liu Cockroach" because its almost impossible to actually kill his faction off in 3K and thats how I now refer to him in my head.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

From Serious Trivia's Ma Teng preview video - holy lol at his starting techs:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

lurksion posted:

Oh cool so different factions/leaders will start with techs now? Or is that just a thing for the DLC start dates?
I only started playing after the Nanman DLC dropped and even in the base game start (190 I think is the base game date? I'm really tired and cant remember) different factions start with a singular different tech.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Eh it's fine. Ma Teng is in the fun situation that he just needs to grab the Silk techs to stabilise his economy, and later Red techs are honestly amazing.
Oh I'm not saying its a bad thing - it makes me want to play as him even more. Starting that close to the campaign movement range and replenishment techs will be awesome.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

alex314 posted:

I've recently starte Big Eared Thief rear end in a top hat playthrough, and I was wondering how much will the new patch affect ongoing campaign: will I get the new sweet title progression options? I'm doing almost as good as it's possible to start his campaign, and wouldn't want to restart now.
I cant think of any game in recent memory where saves survive a major patch.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

what can I do with a million gold? I wish I could just dramatically overpay and convince everyone to be my friend but alas it caps at like +15 which is only about 15000 gold for most factions. all of my buildings are upgraded too. I'm thinking I may be able to do some deal shenanigans with items, getting four extremely valuable items and using them to boost my deal-making ability then using the gold to immediately buy them back in separate deals (does that work?). I may be able to just monopoly-man my way into purchasing every commandery.

Even with five full armies on the field I still make 15k per turn lol
Who are you playing as that you have that much money but dont own that much land yet? When I did my Yellow Turban World* Conquest I didnt cross a million gold until the last 10 turns when I owned 80+% of China.

* Only all of China sadly

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

alex314 posted:

I've started with Sun Jian and I remember it was really easy (before Nanman expansion though). One thing to remember is that it's easy to massively outstretch your empire and get hit with crazy corruption.
At least he has easy access to Copper if he is expanding far enough to get bad corruption.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

yuan shao 200 review on turn 20

not having river combat is some absolute bullshit on high difficulties. you better treat it like lava because if cao cao sends a retinue 1/2 the size at you you're going to get a decisive defeat with absolutely no recourse because a lot of his armies have higher movement
This and from what I have been able to tell there are no crossing battles like there are in Total Warhammer. If you are defending either a minor river crossing or a major river crossing, you just fight a normal battle, which I find very disappointing.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I want to like the 200 start but the factions all being huge is kind of a turn off. I get it, but its just more than I want to deal with from the start. Not sure why that bothers me since, once a game gets going, I don't mind managing tons of territory.
I havent been able to launch the game yet today but I can feel this. I have come to really like the flow of the "start small but grow into being a big power" way that CA has been doing things lately. With bigger starts I get annoyed at stuff like "why is this big city built *this* way" and "god this army's units suck, I'm going to have to take a turns worth of income just to fix it" or "Why is this army *here*, might as well disband it", which for that last one 3K helps with a little with the whole retinue/redeployment system, but still it costs money.

A friend told me that he got a slight West Rome feel from Cao Cao's 200 start so now I am really curious about that because I sometimes really enjoy that kind of "keep the fires out aaaaaaaaaa" gameplay.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sinteres posted:

CA don't read this:

Yeah, the FLC is absurdly good here. I have a feeling they're going to see a lot of 'the patch was better than the DLC' takes and make future chapter packs less generous, but for this one they were super generous.
This has been the case for a while with Warhammer DLCs too, in that the free stuff has been consistently good to great. I value the fact that they are releasing focused, detailed, and clear DLCs in comparison to a company like Paradox with EU4, just like Anno just said. Their DLCs are all over the place and its impossible without bringing up the DLC page or the wiki to know which DLC did what. Its getting old. Since I value this and I earn a living wage I'm the kind of person that is willing to toss $10 every 3-6 months to CA if they keep pumping out content of this quality.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Flipswitch posted:

Unruly is such a fun trait on units.
I lost a battle as Yellow Turbans once because my unruly units set a building on fire and inflicted enough casualties on some units that they started chain routing due to other losses they took.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

terrorist ambulance posted:

I don't know what it is about Three Kingdoms. Its mechanically awesome, the settling rules, it looks great, you can play as yellow turbans or bandits. But I just cannot into it. I have no idea whats going on at the strategic level or what I'm supposed to do.
I had a lot of trouble too until a friend offered to do a coop game with me so we could talk through my confusion in real time. Once that happened I'm not a champion of 3K because it is indeed amazing.

Any gripes I have with it are minor, one of them being wars being total like people are talking about. I shouldnt have to worry so much about factions I dont share a border with declaring on me and sending 2 armies a turn through the fog of war to die upon crossing a river, FOREVER. If Hard (or harder) Cao Cao decides he doesnt like you, you could literally kill the entire population of China three times over via him sending endless waves of armies at you, but he wont accept a reasonable peace until you conquer at least half of his land. Land that, as mentioned, does not even border you - you have trespass at least two other factions just to get to his land to start taking stuff, and once you do.... why stop? Unless you kill his faction off he will just declare again in *checks notes* 6 turns despite the peace treaty and your clear and evident superiority.

edit: I didnt mean for that to turn into a rant, oops. I really like the idea of some sort of what xander said:

Xander77 posted:

That's the problem with wars being "total" and having to conquer every bit of your enemy province by province. The diplomacy in whatever title comes next needs a limited objectives war function and having states treat minor wars as an acceptable interaction from which you can recover. Maybe that's a situation where (for example) freeing or ransoming prisoners means something in the larger picture.

edit:

BigglesSWE posted:

A future historical game could probably use a causus belli system to reign in the scale of conflicts.
I dont know if I want TW to go this far. I just want the AI to be better about stupidly Total Warring.

edit2: Like if in my example above, Cao Cao's other enemies wouldnt sit on their hands when he is sending everything he has halfway across the map to die and instead attack him when his armies are all dead.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 12, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

On one hand I agree that faction hatred towards you can be pretty weirdly strong, on the other hand without the AI going for you at least a tiny bit the game would be a cakewalk.
Someone says something like this every time I mention insane AI behavior as being a problem. I'm not saying I dont want the AI to be aggressive or that I dont want the AI to attack me. I just dont want stupid bullshit that requires me to do the Chinese equivalent of invading France from Poland without invading Germany first. If, going back to my example, Cao Cao would instead conquer the land between me and him, THEN hellwar me.... I wouldnt mind at all. But hellwarring me from a distance is stupid.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Doomhammer posted:

Pretty sure I've seen He Yi and friends turn up in the generic yellow turban faction, so you can always let the rebels take hold of a commandery and hope he shows up!
I know when I played Yellow Turbans if a different Yellow Turban faction got wiped out, all their officers showed up in my pool. Therefore I imagine that its possible that if all the named YT factions get wiped they could show up in the generic YT faction pool, but maybe not because I think the generic/rebellion YT factions that rebel are always at war with literally everyone.

Another problem (that I may just be imagining) is that if the AI recruits a lord out to having 6 units, then that lord loses a battle and his army gets removed from the campaign map, the AI doesnt always chose to re-recruit him because of either money or just-AI-things.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

reignonyourparade posted:

Huh, since when does Kong Rong start off at peace with Dong Zhuo? Extra weird since the current character select system sorts him as part of the coalition instead of the empire where all the other governor types are.
I think since always? He is technically an imperial governor because if I remember correctly he was appointed to where he is by Dong Zhuo (because Dong Zhuo wanted to get rid of him from imperial court). I won a campaign as him and I didnt get to form my own emperor seat.
But it didnt matter because his economy is OP with his 300 "Culture" income unique school-replacing building that also provides absurd pop growth.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eimi posted:

The baby system is kind of disappointing, because as someone pointed out, all the unique characters die and the second generation is mostly boring generics. Kids should inherit skill trees/skills from their parents. Like if you get Lu Bu, his kids should should be awesome too.
This is why I shamelessly make everyone live forever unless they get stabbed in a fight. The point of the game is to collect all the cool lords, right?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 17, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anyone ever see this faction modifier before?

I've had it hit me twice in the first 24 turns of a Sun Jian campaign. Is it a thing put in as a break on me expanding too fast into the empty lands of the South East? Or maybe an enemy's faction council thing?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Captain Beans posted:

I think that is that cao cao using one his schemes to gently caress with you?
In once instance I did not know him yet, and in another Cao Cao was controlled by a friend in a coop game and he definitely didnt waste his faction resource to screw with me.

The Doomhammer posted:

That's one of the nastier offensive council actions. I'm just glad the AI hasn't pulled the 'kill wounded general' one on me yet. Though murdering Zhao Yun in his bed was pretty funny.
Yeah a friend on discord confirmed this for me. I hope CA gets feedback that getting hit with that before turn 10 and three times before turn 25 is really damning so they change when it becomes available or something, because I'm still surviving but it has been painful.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Also Yuan Shu's unique unit is an unshielded light swordsman that is glacially slow for the unit type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Chad Jihad posted:

Hey, he also gets an unshielded medium swordsman
I forget, are they even slower? I think what gets me about it is that they are called "Rapid Tigers" yet are slower than heavier infantry that also have more armor and shields or something.

yikes! posted:

shields are for illegitimate cowards
You got me there lmao

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 23, 2021