Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Plavski posted:

"Congratulations on passing your merchants guild exams! Now I have just one question for you: Why are you still here? Get to Timbuktu! Run! Run you bastard, run!!"

And so the merchant migrations to Africa continued on for another year...

That's...the problem is the same problem applies-the AI sends it's merchants there and they're still better than you. You'd want to get the town first, if only so you can abuse the merchant stacking.*

But good luck with that given the long desert trip. Better to get it in trade, but you run the risk of the AI not honouring it's word, plus simple revolts.

*(Explanation time: all agents may travel with armies. They're protected from enemy agents this way and can stack up. Usually this isn't that useful, but Merchants may still trade whilst with the army. So rather than having 20 merchants across the world, you've got 20 Merchants trading one thing. You can even earn the Monopoly traits as long as you're hogging all of a resource in a province. Stack up with a weak army on something valuable. They'll rebel in the end-kill them off and start it up again. Far safer way to build them up and/or get money.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Given the 'Charge at People' is required:

Total War: Eras. Civ meets Total War. Start in 'prehistory'(Clubs, axes (much?)later, spears, maybe rare 'Fire Throwers'. If a ram is required, just use a log). Less 'Cities', maybe even none at all, but the 'Rebels' are wild beasts. Kill to live, avoid diseases. The 'restock dudes in the field' would work perfectly for that that of Hunter-Gatherer.

Move to settling down in your standard cities(Do they 'spawn' for you or are they just invisible until a certain point?), basic farming, scouting and meeting others. Still hard to really grow. Small advantages pay off.

Classical, as bronze and iron start to take off. Rome and so on.

Then Medieval/2-Shogun, through to Empire.

The real issue is 'tech'.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

I'm playing Medieval 2 and think I'm going to end up winning the game fighting entirely defensive wars.

That tends to happen-the AI is weighted to hate you and attack you regardless of sense.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

On the other hand, you can do the same to them.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

How do you get a good economy going in the grand campaign? I initially played a game as England and conquered Scotland and most of France before the fact that I completely neglected any non military buildings caught up with me and I was never able to get out of negative money.

Ports. Sea trade is where the money is when it comes to towns and even castles. It's why the Italian states make so much money-the entire area is coastal cities and islands, which means lots of sea trade(Also they have no damm reason to use castles ever since their 'Militia' is actually good). Paved Roads are worth a massive amount of trade also-if you can build them, do so.

Get trade agreements with as many people as possible, as this increases the trade income for every city in your lands(This is why the early game has everyone asking to make those). Alliances are worth even more, but pick carefully.

Merchants can be worth a bunch, but need shepherding and focus. Don't build them in a city without at least a Town Hall(Negative traits; having the town hall grants a chance at a positive trait), don't train them in a place with a level 4 church or higher(Negative traits again-merchants with religious leanings are bad, apparently), try to train them out of a Merchant Guild(Positive), try to get the Master-level Merchant Guild to help all your merchants(You earn the guild buildings by earning points by building the appropriate buildings-in this case Roads, Ports, and Markets). If you get a good merchant, use him to try and kill other weaker merchants-you get a cash reward for pulling it off and increase your finance at the same time, though it will open him up to assassination via traits reducing his personal security if you keep doing it with the same guy. Get at least the first rank of Monopoly(Your traders need to be trading all of a specific resource in a province. The first rank needs something like 2-3 turns of this). Abuse merchant stacking if and when you find something worth it or to aid with mass monopoly training(I mentioned it on page 1 of this topic).

What counts as 'worth it'? That depends: the value of trade goods is based partly on a good's inherent worth and partly on how close that good is to your capital. I don't remember all the values off the top of my head, but the African settlements have trade goods like Gold and Ivory that are worth a fortune.

And finally a question: What does it take to bribe Rebel towns? Is it still Reputation? I'm thinking of Timbuktu...

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 18, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

They've tried to make things more interesting(or obnoxious, depending on how you look at it) on the recruitment front with the recent versions of Third Age.

Every province has a 'Terrain type' now, which modifies the replenish rate of troops. Men recruit normally in grasslands, half rate in forests, quarter rate in desert and mountains, as an example.

Unique/Area specific units aren't affected by this, but they're...area specific.

To help keep track of this, they've added 'buildings' to all settlements which give Lore on the place, tells you the terrain type, and most importantly, tell you which places have a garrison script in place.

So, now it's even more annoying to hold lands outside your preferred type, as reinforcements will likely have to be ferried from more favourable lands(And some lands end up unfavourable despite being strongholds). On the other hand, it encourages trading-at least on the player's end.

Oh, and the Fellowship Campaign's come back after a hiatus.

Also they've added events to the Grand Campaign to allow you to destroy/claim the Ring. Mordor can even get Sauron as a battle unit these days if they follow through.

A lot more of the signature characters have special abilities to mess with the battlefield.

There are Giant Spiders in Mirkwood now. Mordor can hire them as mercs. They're very powerful and actually have numbers, unlike trolls. They cost a lot, though.

The appropriate factions have access to Palantirs, the Eye of Sauron, and the Mirror of Galadriel for remote viewing of places.

quote:

and the unit selection was bland.

I'm curious. I'm not exactly a drooling fan of Third Age(In many ways I have severe issues with how things have been chosen to be done), but what would make it 'Not Bland' in your eyes? Or rather, 'What makes it bland to you?'

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 21, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Alchenar posted:

What I won't get but would actually like is if they took this opportunity to really distance themselves from the freeform risk-strategy that's what's preventing any kind of interesting diplomacy or storytelling from taking place. They've already hinted at how entering certain areas on the map will trigger event/plot chains etc.

Say that instead of controlling a region from the start ala Rome 1, your character is sent to Govern a province of Republic by the Senate. You are responsible for building an army, for sending revenue back to Rome (affecting your prestige and influence there) and for dealing with the inevitable threats on the border, whether through diplomacy or vassalisation or outright annexation.

At the end of your term you get to push for another Governorship and your influence in Rome determines how much say you have in where you go. The army you've raised comes with you and you get to benefit from the experience it's gained and the rpg-lite decisions you've made to customise your legions and personally invest in them (raising a legion should be an expensive undertaking, and the difference between rookie and battle-hardened units should be a Big Deal).

This all sets you up for an endgame Roman Civil War that makes much more sense and actually matches history - as the factions in the Senate become more and more polarized eventually you get the message to surrender your posts and return to Rome. At that point you get to pull a genuine Julius Caesar, gather your legions and march on Italy (as opposed to just moving the super stack you've had waiting on the Rome border into the city and winning immediately).
I assume if you win you grow out into your 'standard Medieval/Rome' of sorts after the Civil War, since you'll be the man in charge?

Sounds a bit like the progression from Imperium Galactica 1-an old space strategy game that was real time with pause from the DOS era(I still own the thing). It was good for it's time(I think so, at least) but very linear as you were following a fixed story, and early problems caused even bigger headaches later, as everyone else was expanding and growing more powerful and doing their own thing as they had full access to the map, whilst you were still trying to fulfil your objectives and such at lower levels of command.

I can see the fun of it as you're actively growing.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Alchenar posted:

Yeah, the point being that while restricting the freedom of the player somewhat, you can create a better gameplay experience by controlling progression, you can get around traditional pitfalls of Total War by scripting a 'story' into each province zone so you can have armies show up in the right place at the right time so that there are battles worth fighting - and there's plenty of scenarios to draw from Roman history; you could play through Scipio's campaigns against Carthage, Lucullus in the Mithraditic Wars, Caesar in Gaul. You could even get a surprise recall to Rome to deal with a slave uprising. So many choices and a 'Governorship' system would be the ideal in-game justification for moving the player about so he gets to fight against each army 'culture'.

For me, Total War is about my army. It's about building an army around my main 2 or three generals and getting attached to those troops as I use them to conquer the map. It's why the change to the replacement system in Empire was so great - it is meaningful to me that my regiments rebuild themselves and thus have continuity of existence, rather than just being a unit that's mashed together with a newly built unit to create a full strength one with slightly better stats.

That's also why I want to see a transition to bigger units with customised component parts; it's not just about having more men on the screen, I want to be able to look at my army and say 'that's the Third Legion, it's battle hardened and has a higher proportion of Principes and Triarii, it should be in the centre of my line' or 'that's the Seventh Legion, it has a wing of cavalry auxilia that they picked up while I was in Asia Minor, I want it covering my flanks'. ie. anything that adds personality and flavour to the units I'm moving about with my mouse clicks and makes me care about them more is good.

I can appreciate that, and Total War seems to be moving that way in a sense. But I also like the big picture where you're sending hordes of men to fight and win under one banner-your banner.(This is not saying I don't like the replenishment-that's far more suited to the EXP system that Total War has had, to be honest). I'm just imagining how Crusade would work under this. That's all. I hope for a pleasing mix. People seem to be loving Shogun, after all.

___

On Religion in Med2.

The traits that govern + and -Piety for priests are annoying(Aside from the obvious, like hunting Witches and Heretics). They're based on how much religion push you pull off in a region in a single turn. You want your priests to grow and become Papal candidates? You send them off in gangs, not singly, otherwise they won't make enough push to get good traits and likely will get bad ones. The amount of push by a priest is something like 1-2% per Piety. A 'safe' value of push to deal with regions is 10%.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Auto-Battle weights numbers and stats highly(Cavalry suffer). Doesn't seem to take fortification into account(Good for offence siege, not so much for defences). Seemingly throws the units into melee combat, which sucks for archer-heavy forces and means that lots of heavy infantry are your friend.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

It's their own fault for not giving the defences a proper value in auto-resolve. It's not like that's the only reason to use auto-resolve: melee and archers tend to kind themselves with actual experience pips after auto-battle where normally it takes forever to earn them thanks to how the experience system works.

We're dealing with an AI that generally does not accept peace under the worst circumstance.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Aug 1, 2012

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

concerned mom posted:

Hah ok, I'll try to do that thanks!

Oh another thing. I've been playing Total War games since Medieval but I never really learnt to play them properly I guess. I can win nearly every battle but the campaign itself I just sort of do the same stuff without really thinking what I'm doing.

Like, how come some cities I don't get any options to build anything but change to a town or a castle? Should I be making specific buildings in specific towns like only archery in one town, stables in the other etc?

I think I usually just do the land clearances and roads in every one then all my towns end up nearly identical as I get everything I can when it becomes available. Even now it seems like a bad idea. It's just sometimes you don't get any other option as the buildings don't seem to be available.

I think it's something to do with population growth, but I'm apparently dumb. Is there a decent post or wiki on to how to efficiently structure your cities?

Based on standard M2:

If you've run out of things to build, grow your towns/castles. Some things just aren't available till the town grows. High Chivalry is a massive boost to growth. In standard M2 at least it's possible to cheat the system a little in regards to villages/towns: The first 2/3? ranks of castle may be bought outright(After that you need growth), then you can switch to town and build it up at the new rank. Costs a bit, but it IS possible. You might even build some castle buildings that will be kept on switch, like the Barracks line and religious buildings, before actually doing the switch.

You want everything you can in your towns/castles, as having the option is always better than not having it, especially when it comes to militia-you only get the free upkeep for them if the building that produces them exists. The only thing that's potentially annoying/dangerous is the Brothel line, thanks to the traits it gives to generals who stay in the town.

In many ways you don't need to think about production except during times of little money. Then it pays to note that buildings are chosen to be built both as money permits, and in the case of a tie it chooses closest to the capital first. Generally you might want to play around with build queues to make sure what you want builds where you want.

Generally you want castles close to where you're fighting or potentially fighting. Assuming you want castles at ALL. That depends on faction.

EDIT: Tch. Too slow.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

How much are you offering and how bad's your rep right now?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

I just saw some notes on a Shogun 2 player 'balance' patch on the STEAM community workshop.

'All units have 10 morale.'

What is the loving point. Really. Who are these insane people who like to watch these armies kill each other to the last man to win a game?

Sounds familiar. Third Age Total War starts at 11, goes to 18-20(where standard M2 starts at 3, goes to 11), before things like commander traits, battle difficulty, and AI boosts. Naturally, people regard standard M2 morale as 'too low' and 'a joke'.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=535039

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

On the one hand, lots of casualties which is cool to see, and maybe more time to see the animations at times.

On the other, retraining is often a pain in the neck, and with the sheer number of casualties there will be retraining is required. There's only so much you can do in terms of minimising the damage.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Koramei posted:

Considering the emphasis the modders put on REALISM :argh: to the point of giving the factions names that are so correct that historians don't even use them, that seems completely ridiculous. I think vanilla gives the soldiers morale that is much higher than it would have been in reality for your average farmer-conscript put to war against his wishes.

To be fair, your basic conscripted peasant(As oppsed to Militia, who get some training from their training grounds) gets a Morale of 1, save the Highland Rabble and Aztec Peasants, who get 3(On par with Militia-grade: it's forgiveable because those factions have an infantry focus).

The numbers I note are baseline-Command stars and Chivalry will raise this even further, of course.

...Now it sounds like I'm justifying.

I wish we knew how much Morale damage things did in M2. We know how much they have, but it means nothing without knowing the damage.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Friendly fire IS a thing-be careful where you put your archers. Being shot in the back or having arrows rained on you is understandably bad for casualties.

Flanking isn't really a thing you do with infantry if cavalry is available due to lack of charge bonus(Except in certain cases). Make sure you get a decent run-up; it takes a few seconds to get up to charge speed and make sure the ground is relatively clear-going past rocks will slow them down.

'Manoeuvring problems' is very vague. Can you describe better?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Rabhadh posted:

Yeah troops have always been taken from settlement populations until Empire.

False. Not with Medieval, and not with Medieval 2.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

Well I started a Stainless Steel early era campaign as Scotland, invaded England like I had ants in my pants and got excommunicated, what do I care gently caress you Pope.

Maybe I've been away from M2 too long, maybe it's Stainless Steel. But what happened to heretics. :stare:

Was it always this loving retarded? I have many fond memories of heretics marching from my cities in legions, and I would have to devote some resources to stamping this out with varying success. Not like this time, where they are invincible gods that convert every single priest, bishop and cardinal to heresy with their maximum piety. Even the lovely priests with no piety were turned into heresy bombs. They're overrunning the British Isles. The inquisition are all over the place and have not made any attempt to kill a heretic forever, preferring instead to spend their assignment hobbling around like someone tread on their balls.

I'm pretty sure it's SS. :eng99:

e: Yeah I'll try ride it out until I can get assassins, there's a weaker heretics mod that is hopefully save game compatible otherwise.

Then the answer is don't bother trying to kill them outright(Especially since Piety also counts for defence against Assassins/inquisitions-unless that changed), at least at first. Buy a lot of priests(From anywhere they'll have extra strength), have them in the same region as the Heretic to counter his preaching-they all stack together with any Churches you've got in the region and any Inquisitors will also improve the switch to whatever religion you've got. Since the religious traits that improve Piety (by default at least) depend on how much the province religion switches to your own, they'll all 'protect' each other and strengthen each other.

I sound authoritative but I'm really not: let me know how it goes.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 14, 2013

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Weissritter posted:

Homeworld: Total War :colbert:

...So the planets are your settlements and every battle is a Homeworld(2) Skirmish? Hmm. Could work, to be honest.

But how do you handle the Motherships? To say nothing of Hyperspacing. If it's post Homeworld 2, the Gates would be something to consider, also.

Universe Conquest as the Bentusi, weee!

No, wait-The Kadeshi.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

a pipe smoking dog posted:

"Heavily dependent on infantry,"
"their cavalry benefit from natural Gallic horsemanship"

Really can't work out which way they are going with this.

What cavalry they have is good enough. Expect lack of variety or lack of power as time goes on. The majority of force will however be infantry of various sorts.

That's how I see it.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Wasn't it so that leaving generals in towns with brothels and other stuff for too long raises the chance of them getting the Gay trait?

No. Drunk, yes. Girls, yes. Gambling, yes. Corrupt, yes(if he BUILDS one). You may be thinking of staying on board ship for any length of time.

---
Uninhibited (Arse 1)- -1 Authority, gained after 1 point of Arse
Shameful (Arse 2)- -2 Authority, upgrade after 4 points of Arse
Too Well Groomed (Arse 3)- -1 Command, -3 Authority, upgrade after 8 points
of Arse
Shameless Queen (Arse 4)- -3 Command, -5 Authority, epithet "the Queen",
upgrade after 16 points of Arse

Arse has Girls and Prim as antitraits, and a NoGoingBack level of 2.
On coming of age, a general has 4% chance to gain a point of Arse. If the
faction adopts a general who becomes the brother of an existing general on
the family tree (i.e. he has the first general's father as his benefactor),
the general who was already in the family has a 1% chance to gain a point of
Arse.
Arse is self-perpetuating. At the end of any turn, if a general has one or
more levels in Arse, he gains a point of Arse with 4% probability.
At the end of any turn, if the general is in a settlement with 100% of his
movement points, the game takes a random percent- if that percent is greater
than 90, the general has a 1% chance to gain a point in Drink, Gambling,
Arse, or Girls. If the general is at sea at the end of his turn, he gains a
point of Arse with 3% probability.
---

And if the percentages seem low...you'd be surprised how often those 1%s come up. Ask anyone who's played Fire Emblem.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Feb 9, 2013

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Yes, but also no. Some made sense, a lot didn't and/or were an absolute pain to even SEE, let alone raise. You have no idea how much I hate the Bad Trader line.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 9, 2013

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

the JJ posted:

:psyduck: How did I never think of this? Does each merchy earn gold for trading the resource?

Yes. They'll all start earning traits, too, if you meet the requirements.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'd be more interested to see how they react to half the senate out there getting victories. Lord knows armies of General's Bodyguard tend to be very, VERY effective.

Will we end up with situations where the Senate calls them back and the Senator doesn't want to go, they're too busy winning more land?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Kaal posted:

If you're having to wait fifteen minutes while units hammer it out, then you need to skirmish and flank more effectively.

Could be a siege battle or similar where that's actively not a possibility. Also bloody-mindedness.

Vanilla morale goes for 3(Peasants) to 11(Elites). Third Age is 11('militia') to 20+. not counting those units with Lock Morale(Which are also elite in any case). On top of this, AI units get 2-4 extra morale when trained as a bonus. This is disregarding +morale from your General's command score and his traits. So yes, it can take that long.

Since it's unknown how much morale damage things do and it seems unmodifiable in any case...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I'm going to whine about something.

I was unaware that the Kingdoms CD was so restrictive as to require being on the Internet for the sake of it's on-disc copy protection, where standard M2 did not. This I discovered during a recent period, now ended, where I was not Net-capable.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

I wonder if they could get the license for Microsoft's spartan.

...They shouldn't need to. Anyone remember Spartan: Total Warrior? Wasn't exactly impressive, but they used a lot of fantasy stuff for it, and they DID put the Total War name on it, so they should still have access to it.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

With tactical battles for every rebel super-stack that shows up? No thanks.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Torrannor posted:

I do know, which is making me hope for it in the first place.

If you play any evil factions, you could have the host of Valinor come in (but from the west of course) similar to the Golden Horde. I would be down for that.

That's not really viable if I remember right. They swore they wouldn't show up again because the last time they did come in war, they broke the world. It's not an oath they can break, I think. That's why they sent the Wizards in the first place, to help without direct action. This is why it's so desperate in the first place; there are no outs like that coming if Sauron wins, which is looking real likely right now...

Now, if we're talking things like the First and Second Age, I'm with you. Who doesn't want to see Balrogs as foot troops/commanders?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Epinephrine posted:

Also appearing: "romulus." I'm totally rooting for some Star Trek: Total War now, if only to see their fanbase sperg over the improper placement of star systems in the galaxy.

FAKE_EDIT: Oh god, the more I think about it the more that could actually work if was set during the TNG era.

It'd end up being a re-do of Birth of the Federation, which would be no bad thing. With Star Trek Online providing ideas for ground stuff(Should they decide to do that)...There's real possibilities here.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Seems weird to be asking about Medieval 2. Nevertheless.

So I'm playing standard, vanilla M2. As the Papal States.(Yes, it's doable-the faction works fully.) I find myself with a question of strategy/unit selection that I can't answer properly.

The Papal States can recruit Papal Guard in Cities at Stone Walls on up to Large Stone Walls. Strong spearmen, well armoured and shielded, with Morale equal to General's Bodyguard.

Upgrading to Huge Stone Walls removes the Papal Guard outright as a recruitment option and replaces them with Swiss Guard. Slower, lose the shield, gain a little armour, have 'Very Long Spears', gain a decent amount of attack power and Armour-Pierce attack.

Which would you choose to run with?

(Certainly, it's possible to run both by being selective with upgrading. Disregard such.)

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 5, 2013

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

I may be upgrading my computer/operating system. I know I should have before, but issues/dumbness/laziness/money.

Question: Are there any known technical problems with CD Medieval 2/Kingdoms with Windows 8/8.1? I ask because I keep hearing of problems with older gaming and 8/8.1, but nothing specific.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 1, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Caps is required.

KEEP THE gently caress GOING.

This is selling me on it more and more.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

It's interesting that all the victory conditions are 'short: hold 20 regions' and 'long: hold 30'. Is the map particularly big? Are the distances long, are the territories the cities control large? If there's one thing that can be painful, it's long distances to hunt down towns.

Are towns particularly hard to develop in size? One thing that kinda stung in the mod Third Age Total War was they hurt town growth fairly badly as patches went on for 'realism'. Of course the AI suffered very little from this.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 6, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Meh.

I still have the DVD versions with SecuROM.

Med2 works under Windows 8.1 just fine. Kingdoms is complaining about compatibility, though it installed just fine. Any ideas?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Got Hyrule working. The fairies are ridiculous.

Take the Aztecs from normal Med2(Brave, zealous, and vast in numbers, etc), including the 'no upkeep cost for troops'.

Give them all javelins, guns, catapults, and cannons(In the case of the golems). Add a few melee units for flavour.

That's the fairies. Watch out for friendly fire.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

How they do this or if this was taken from Zelda is my best guess, but it's hilarious nonetheless.

Look up your Ocarina of Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCpeOwOjaYE

Oh, and be aware that standard Med2 rules apply concerning alliances. If you spend too long at peace, they WILL break alliance and attack you. This can be a problem given the long distances, even with the improved strategic map.

I''ve used the Zuma things a bit as the Darknut. Yes, you CAN roll over things. You will rarely get to do so, though, as the wretched things are so slow and so big that pathing is very much A Thing.

quote:

this means nothing to morale. If an opposing faction can split them up and isolate them before flanking them, they can be broken and forced to retreat.

Add an 'eventually' to that. They have impressive morale from my poking around at them. Two of my Darknuts(A Dishonoured and a Master) backed up by their God-King giving his boosts to the entire force, on a wall, beating down a Rebel Dishonoured from both sides. Meanwhile, the rest of the force including God-King is taking the rest of the city. The rebel wavered, got shaken, but never broke. The entire rest of the force died, and we captured the city by time. He never broke.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 9, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

quote:

There are buildings that have no effects that can be built but with no immediate available next building in the chain. I'm not gonna lie but the old games were really loving bad at trying to illuminate any building chains.

As someone who's messed around with modding, there are certain effects that won't display but have their effects(Sometimes you can fix this by adding something that actively does nothing, sometimes you can't). 'Construction cost bonuses', 'morale boost to troops from a building' are examples of these.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Medieval 3: Bringing Med 1 back into play.

(Seriously, it's nigh impossible to play in this era, which is a shame.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Space is popular at present. Beyond Earth, Paradox has some 'Ancient Galaxy' coming out. Wouldn't it be funny if they just went total fiction and did Space:Total War?