Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Peglegington posted:

Trouble shooting has shown me it's my router. Time for an upgrade. Do you guys wire everything or go wireless? Will going wireless cause issues (is that why you asked that)?

Get an Apple Airport Extreme (newest edition). I know this isn't the router thread, but as a (non) Apple fan, I have to say it's absolutely rock solid hardware. Never an issue (and I've owned many, many ABGN, etc) routers in my day. The AE smokes them all in performance and reliability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
Got the $35 promo and free Apple TV (in store). drat if this service isn't pretty incredible so far. As a cord cutter I'm very happy with it.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Fuzz posted:

That seems like a really raw deal compared to the AppleTV...

Yeah I'm not real sure why anyone would get that over the AppleTV. I mean you can walk into any store and get a fire TV stick for like 25 bucks with a coupon. I guess people just really hate Apple or something?

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

they'll probably own HBO before 2017 ends.

Seriously. Ma Bell, 2017 edition. They are buying everyone...

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
I've been off work today...streaming DTVNow since like 7am.

Not one single issue, hiccup, nothing. You couldn't convince anyone this isn't actual cable.

Now, how fast will I hit my 1tb Comcast cap? We're on our way to finding out!

Edit. Lol minutes after posting this, it's freezing like a motherfucker. Rush hour I guess or :tinfoil:

hotsauce fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 7, 2016

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
Has DirecTV Now poo poo the bed again tonight? AppleTV nor Fire Stick (molasses gen 1) won't load a thing. Restarted everything, doesn't work. Won't even load the guide, just black space with "All Channels" and "Favorite Channels" listed at the left. Nothing else.

Nice.

Edit: yep, swiping up reveals "Sorry! The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later"

Keep it up shitlords, my $35 is on the line...tick tock :newlol:

hotsauce fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 14, 2016

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I'm currently watching it using ancient technology of shooting radio waves through the air. And it looks fantastic.

Seriously. I know there is a fascination with and seeming requirement to stream things, but OTA HD signals are stupid good these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Zero One posted:

Just got an email the DTV NOW is giving me a year of HBO for free. I guess they are trying to keep customers as the end of the original 3 month offer is now-ish.

Me too. They have me for another year I guess. Not bad for $35!