Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Just found this thread and looked into these flat antennas mentioned on the first page. I did a little research and wanted to point out that the Winegard Flatwave looks to be hands down better than the the more popular/oft-recommended Mohu Leaf.

This site did a short review/comparison of the two, and the Winegard picked up more channels than the Leaf and was higher build quality. The three parts are each pretty short blurbs: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Plus the pattern of the antenna traces in this thing looks pretty cool.

Just placed an order for one on amazon.

Also, I have an older Roku model at home (not at home right now to check, but I think it's Roku XD?)
It's one of this style case anyways:

Is there any reason to upgrade to a Roku 2 XS? Is the interface much more responsive or anything?

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Hi, I watch a lot of youtube videos on my TV and sometimes want to watch them at accelerated playback speed. Are there any Roku models or Roku-likes that actually allow you to change the playback speed like I can when viewing directly on youtube.com on my desktop computer?

I have a Roku Ultra that I picked up in Nov 2017, and the youtube app on that does not have any option for playback speed. If I'm watching youtube on TV i usually do it through the Roku because the remote is much more convenient than casting from phone or laptop.

I also have a chromecast 2 that I occasionally cast to, but regular casting doesn't let me adjust the speed. I can technically do it if i cast the whole browser tab from my laptop, but its kinda kludgy and I don't like doing it.
I know its a pretty minor thing but I would really like that feature supported natively. Are there any options for me?

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 13, 2018

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Fuzz posted:

Use the Roku app on your phone as your remote, should still work. Last time I tried it was over 6 months ago, though.
Just checked and I'm not seeing any option for playback speed in the Android Roku remote app.