Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Cornjob posted:

No. Something that works with an existing tuner box

I have never heard of what you describe. Why not just run a coax, or put an antenna in the attic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
An attic is way too hot for an hdhomerun.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I am too far away and have too tall of trees to get any OTA channels. It sucks so I am constantly looking for something that can get me local channels at the very least (all the internet cable services only offer 1 or 2 channels)

How far away are you? Maybe you just need the right antenna

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, it's this, most people don't know enough about antennas. The common conception is that it's a pair of rabbit ears on top of a TV like it's the 1950's, and I suspect it's not as bad now with modern TVs, but that is the worst place to put an antenna.

Learn to do things other than watch TV, there's a lot of things out there to do!

How quickly you forget about house hunters and king of cakes will blow your mind

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

jokes posted:

I live in Dallas and there's some major bullshit with ABC here. I get every channel crystal clear, no problems, except for ABC. The station is like 15 miles away, which should be within my antenna's range, but I barely get it.

So now I'm gonna get a stronger antenna (the 50-mile leaf). I know people here have an issue with ABC because it's the only VHF channel but gently caress dude, this is obnoxious.

I only got the antenna/HDHR for locals because paying $50/mo to directvnow for the privilege of watching OTA poo poo is annoying. After this antenna, this will all have cost me $160 which is 3 months of streaming services I guess.

Vhf requires a diff antenna design than uhf

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Might as well. If you move one day new owners might want it

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Instead of finding a better streaming cable option just stop watching lovely cable channels all together

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Aeka 2.0 posted:

One tech thinks its congestion and if I upgrade to the 1gbs I'd be put on a different frequency free from congestion.

This is a cop out answer. Modems use channel bonding. Anywhere from 8 to 32 channels are bonded so you are already using 3-32 frequencies. When you upgrade to 1gbps they just tftp a file to your modem that says to allow up to 1gbps

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Maneki Neko posted:

If TMobile has its poo poo together with 5g and it’s TV service I will be so jazzed to kill off Comcast.

Just get rid of them now. You wont believe how quickly you forget about all the crappy tv on cable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone have an antenna recommendation based on this? http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d9038217eabe405

My TV and the windows behind it are all West facing. There's a wall/door on the north side so probably no luck there.

I can get big discounts on Mohus so that would be nice if you think it's suitable.

https://www.solidsignal.com/p/ota.asp?d=tv-antenna-selector-help&mc=03