Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Officially canceled my DTV account and went with PSVue. I will need to sign up for the NHL.tv streaming package but Im estimating my yearly cost to go from $1600 to $500.

Now for the barrage of calls and emails from DTV begging me to come back.

It was funny and I felt sorry for the retentions worker that had to ask me if I watched Chiller... since I'll be missing that. :lol:

Krime fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

So I got a new router and modem. Now Vue thinks I'm always outside of my home network. No matter how many times I follow their direction of logging out, starting the app on the ps4 and then logging into the mobile app... no luck.

Any ideas?

Wifi only tablet won't work either. Mobile restricted... grrr

Krime fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 7, 2016

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

nate fisher posted:

As a recent cord cutter and new PS Vue user only have 2 real complaints. First that Roku PS Vue app has no guide. How in the gently caress is this possible? Second is that the streaming performance of the PS Vue app on my PS Pro is not good. It skips frames (ever so choppy), but only at the point that you are no sure if it really is skipping frames or you are going insane. Yes it is on WiFi (Nighthawk router with 150mbs down), but my PS Pro streams Netflix and Amazon perfectly. Oh Sony! That said on my AppleTV PS Vue is perfect (the app and streaming). Thinking about taking the Roku back, and either getting another AppleTV or the Fire TV.

That said how is the Sling app on Roku (I still testing out which streaming service I am sticking with)? Does it have a guide?

I noticed the same thing. When using Vue on my PS4 there is that ever so slight chop. When I use the Vue App and Chromecast it to the same tv... smooth as ever. The app needs to be better though. Too slow.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

DirecTV continues to call me and ask me why we cancelled. This is probably the 5th time in the last 10 months.

Every time I mention it was too expensive for what we actually watched and I would come back when they offer a la carte (not happening). Then I stick the dagger in and tell them I switched to PSVue.

In all honesty, if DirecTV offered the exact same package of programming for the exact same price I'd switch back in a heartbeat. Too bad they want to charge box fees and HD access fees and DVR fees. They will never get close to the $30 a month I'm paying with Vue

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Is there a Vue app for the Shield?

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

I don't follow much but why did HBO GO get the axe and replaced with HBO Max?

Is it a good thing? I seemed to like HBO go.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

3rd crosspost...

I have a question about indoor TV antennas...

Are they essentially all the same? Amazon has tons but I honestly don't know what's junk or not.

I have one that will only get a few channels unless I readjust the placement then it will get another set of channels and the original ones won't work.

We are about 30 miles from a major downtown.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

PitViper posted:

We're roughly 40-50 miles out from the transmitters in the metro, and I've got one of these in the attic:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYMVPVX/

Gets great reception for all the broadcast channels, the only time we've had issues is during some tornado-warning kind of weather, and that was just the furthest transmitter.

Get it up high enough, and make sure it's aimed properly. It's at the end of probably 70' of coax to the basement utility room, then another 20' back up to the TV. Just a standard 6 splitter from Monoprice in the middle to run it out to all the other jacks in the house.

What's the best way to get the cable from the attic to the TV?

I know this sounds like a dumb question but there's nothing in my attic.

Hole drilling time?

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Burden posted:

Looks like you will be able to get NFL RedZone on the TV this year from the NFL directly on NFL+ Premium. It will be $15 a month or $80 a year for NFL+ Premium.

I've never subbed to anything NFL... Would this get me every Steelers game? ( I love out of market)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Burden posted:

No this only gets you in market games and only on your phone. If you want out of market games you have to get NFL Sunday Ticket through YouTube. If you don't have YouTube TV it is $400 without RedZone and $440 with RedZone.

Thanks... I don't love the NFL that much. I'll just catch what's on OTA