Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
But if the show is, for instance, 90 day fiancé or something, ... well ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Ein cooler Typ posted:

how do you know what to buy if you don't watch commercials?
Google and Facebook ads, duh.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
First time they had the AppleTV deal, you could also go to an ATT store and get one/sign up.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
And at the same time they launch the $15 (or “free” for some) WatchTV service.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Sort of related to this thread, but what’s up with Hulu's pricing? A week or so ago I got an email saying the base service is going down to $6 and now I get one saying that Spotify Premium now includes Hulu for no extra cost. Is it just that they make more money playing ads than anything else?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I see that Philo supports TV Everywhere. Does that mean its channels are (can be) integrated into the TV app on an Apple TV?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
It doesn’t say anything about requiring home internet that I can see. The “home connectivity requirements” don’t mention it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
If you do actually record and watch things, though, TiVo is really, really nice.

Except screw that “new user experience “ thing. Previews and tiles everywhere blows, just show me the info I’m looking for.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Does a YTTV sub still come with whatever Google is calling their Spotify service nowadays?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
“ Our distribution contract with FOX Corp is set to expire on Jan. 31 so FOX channels were removed from the Roku Channel Store. ”

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Sounds like you want an Apple TV. Among many other things the remote battery lasts months (for us) and you charge it with a lightning cable.

E: except I don’t know about the NAS stuff.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
This is from a few years ago so it may have changed, but Iowa is in six baseball markets despite not having a MLB team. There were blackouts on home games for the Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Royals, Brewers, and Rockies.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Ho ho ho.

But that also means if you follow another team, every one of their games in those cities are unwatchable.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
The up-to-four people family sharing thing no longer exists.
When they cut it off, existing shares were grandfathered in, and are still active.
The only Prime benefit that was shared is the shipping. You never could have gotten free Prime streaming.

Not sure how you could game it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

EL BROMANCE posted:

Now there is no sport, and nothing to watch there's definitely no reason for me to keep it.
Doesn’t having a TV package give you unlimited internet bandwidth?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Proteus Jones posted:

I don't know if the the HBO Now deal they were offering is still going on ($11/mo) that automatically converts into a Max account, but you might want to check to see if you can save a few bucks.
It is still going on, and will be until launch (2:59 EDT on May 27).

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
ATT TV is basically a streaming service.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You guys probably already know this, but you can “gift” a year of ad free Discovery plus for $60. So, free ad free I guess.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
That’s a whooooole lot fewer episodes than you get through the HGTV Go app with a cable sub.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
$40 extra for unlimited. The cap is 1TB.

I’m going to guess the $55 price is probably not a promotion. Stand-alone 300 service here is regularly priced at $60.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Small detail, but YouTube TV is now $75/mo.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, that might be it for me. Nearly doubled in price since 2016.

Anyone else notice that X axis?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I think Hulu TV has east and west coast feeds for a few channels like TBS and TNT, but I’m not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
The Apple TV's TV app kind of works as a service aggregator, in that it’ll show you a bunch of shows you watch and if you click on “watch Columbo” it’ll open the app that you’ve used to watch Columbo. Might want to look at that.

Last I checked it didn’t work for every streaming service, though.