Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Ganota no Onna

Solanin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

SirDan3k posted:

That's nice but I don't think anything conveys the proper amount of awesome unabashed cheesyness of Kamen Rider Spirits better then this page:

Pretty much every chapter, especially the ones introducing each Rider, has some kind of awesome moment that should be enough to convince people.

Kamen Rider Spirits is basically the phrase "Hell yeah!" in comic form.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

DamnGlitch posted:

Wow really cool how the translation 'editor' sucked the tension right out of that page with that retarded note.

Yeah that's kind of a problem is poo poo like that and the translation in general for like half of it just being really awkward and such. It's kind of like Onani Master Kurosawa or whatever in that respect in that it's strong enough to overcome that to still be really enjoyable.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Tetsuwan Girl - Women's baseball in post-war Japan.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Sangokushi - Tetsujin 28/Gigantor creator Mitsuteru Yokoyama does a Romance of the Three Kingdoms adaptation.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Breaky posted:

Mobile suit Gundam-san

As far as I'm concerned Garma of Space Island is totally canon. :colbert:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Two others from the creator of Voynich Hotel.

Nickelodeon - Short one shots, some of them loosely connected via characters.

Ayame & Amane - Gag series (of two page chapters) about a girl who's lesbians for her friend.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Cesare - Church politics in Renaisance Italy and Cesare Borgia. Full of pretty boys...

...and prettier locales.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

I was actually sold on Ketchup Ninja when I saw it was Boon doing the scanlation so I know that part's going to be top notch to go with the concept.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Natsunokumo, the best (and only good?) "people in an MMO" story around.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Zandracon posted:

Also not sure whether I should recommend his newer series, Scumbag Loser, or not. It's complete, but translations only recently started up for it, and it seems kinda :stare: Sorta reminds me of Invasion of the Body Snatchers I guess.

Just for the hell of it I gave it a read and it's... it's something. Invasion of the Body Snatchers combined with Magical Girlfriend starring an utterly repugnant piece of poo poo who's only the least detestable character because everyone else is an even shittier person seems like the best way to describe it. But it's a horror series and at least does a good job of being fairly unsettling, especially the last few pages of the most recently translated chapter, so that works for it I guess.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Anatharon posted:

"Really? They're pretty fugly" says the Snatcher who is fake-dating a massive :btroll:. :v:

Shinigami-whatever is way better, I think, but Scumbag Loser isn't straight up bad. Yet, at least.

Yeah, I checked this out because I thought "Scumbag Loser is definitely a name that catches my attention". The way other posters in here have said Shinigami-words ended made me want to avoid it but now I at least think I'll go back and give that a look as well.

Shame that this series apparently suffers the same problem though which makes me think the author needs a good editor or SOMEONE to help him out because being great at introducing series with interesting hooks and then giving up because you wrote yourself into a corner isn't a particularly good way to go about your creative writing career.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Shishunki Bitter Change - Boy and girl swap bodies. It's basically a sort of slice of life with a bit of a melancholy feeling due to the fact the switch happens in elementary school and they realize they're probably stuck for the forseeable future when it continues into middle school.

The only bad part is the translators adding lovely /a/-tier edgy joke pages to the end of each chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Gantz is basically the modern follow up to the works of Yoshiaki Kawajiri.

• Locked thread