Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Saw this on Saturday, and my God, was this a great action movie. Word of mouth, this movie needs to make money. I want Hollywood to know that R rated action movies can profit, and they do not have to soften those movies up for the kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Because watching Karl Urban Dredd punch Stallone Dredd in the face would be a dream come true.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Expected, but still :(

I know, it sucks, I would have loved to see that crew do something like the Cursed Earth or America, but thems the breaks in Hollywood these days. Still, Dredd got made, and I am very grateful that it got made, and was as awesome as it was.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Yeah, I'm thinkin' it's made it's money back!

That deserves a gold coin.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Terminal Entropy posted:

Could have been, it came out in one of the worse months in the year for a movie to be released in, US wise.

A moderately budgeted action movie is not going to make money in the summer dump month. I would have said roll the gamble and place the movie in August. It might have done better then.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

poo poo, I'm pretty sure just making a sequel in 2D would knock down the budget pretty significantly, actually.

Everyone wants those 3D dollars though. they inflate the box office returns. It's a catch-22.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Blind Sally posted:

Max was a cop once. I'd like to think that if they ever met up, they'd join forces. Dredd could be an honourary member of the MFP.

Mad Max and Judge Dredd team up in the cursed earth? Sold, get Karl Urban and George Miller on the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

A theater not far from me is doing a screening of Dredd soon: http://drafthouse.com/movies/dredd_2d/northern_virginia

I expect to see all you goons there.

• Locked thread