Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

WickedIcon posted:

The people who do remember the Stallone movie mostly loving hate it.

But not everyone. Probably helps that I have no interest in comics, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

doctor 7 posted:

I honestly cannot believe some people got genuine enjoyment from the Stallone Judge Dredd film. That poo poo was loving terrible.

Man, with a sense of disbelief like that, you must really struggle with day to day life.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

randombattle posted:

I can't believe there is so much hate for the Stallone Dredd movie. It was great!

poo poo for a comic book movie made in the 90s? It was practically the Avengers of it's time. People should be glad it wasn't Tank Girl or the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie.

I really really want to see Tank Girl.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Jefferoo posted:

Apparently people are loving this film at Comic Con.

I kinda feel that I'm alone in being a bit :stare: at these reviews. I realise the source, but having seen the shoot-out preview clip and knowing exactly the kind of violence the film is going for, is this apparently a selling point? None of them really say anything other than "I loved seeing people get shot". No mention of satire, plot, even acting for christ sake, just "HAHA THERE WAS LOTS OF BLOOD AND DEAD"

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Swing and a miss.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Almost certainly.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Rondette posted:

Totally off-topic but OH you have a Digitiser avatar! That's amazing. I miss old-style Teletext.

I'm pretty sure Paul Rose (who I've chatted to, he's really nice, told him about the time that digitiser nearly killed me) is behind at least one or two of the Digitiser characters on twitter, but I'm not sure.

@InsincereDave_ is as brilliant as ever.

Not seen Dredd yet, sorry.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

TheJoker138 posted:

This was brought up earlier and is apparently just kind of standard practice for most films and has no real bearing on whether they make a sequel or not.

This isn't true!

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Yeah, some of you seemed to have very unrealistically low expectations as to what this stuff was worth...

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Nutsngum posted:

items would be sold for a hell of a lot more then the cost it took to make them originally.

This is also not true!

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Trump posted:

It might be cheaper, but you wouldn't be able to tell.

You'd absolutely be able to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Oh so that's where that is. Seen the interior looking down shot loads but never the context. Grim.

• Locked thread