Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Nutsngum posted:

The other problem is that a lot of the laws as set in the comics are there in order to provide a satirical take on policing or aspects of the real world. Dredd busting a sugar dealing ring might work fine in a comic book setting but as a live action movie will just come across as silly."

In the movie, they were arresting people for the crime of bullet time.
It is very silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

A brown flat movie.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I feel that's more a threat than anything, the third season of Star Trek was the worst.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Crashbee posted:

Apparently future shock is a real thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Shock

I own this book, I haven't read all of it, but a lot of it seems frighteningly spot on.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

GORDON posted:

If Demolition Man were released today the PC brigade would be all over the internet arguing Cocteau was the good guy, because he was working toward the Greater Good.

"PC brigade" a code phrase for "people that call me out for my racist/sexist/lovely opinions"
I'm so sure people would argue that Cocteau was totally in the right, just as they do Big Brother! Oh, wait.

:frogout:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Krowley posted:

:lol: Demolition Man was a prophetic warning about the dangers of political correctness going mad, you guys!

I mean, this is why Demolition Man is so great, it's a right wing horror film "This is what liberals actually believe!"

Dennis Leary, leader of the true 'mericans, basically quoting his rear end in a top hat song is probably the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JizGkM6gbvQ

Demoltion Man owns.

GORDON posted:

You seem kind of defensive about it. Sorry to have offended you with an opinion. Mellow greetings. I will fine myself one half credit for violation of the verbal moralities act.

Psycho.

Ah yes, calling shitheads out on terrible opinions is being "defensive"
You got me, good show, gonna go cry some PC tears.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Groovelord Neato posted:

This is exactly how I pictured the guy who made that Power Ranger short would look.

Much like Dredd, he only produced it. Power/Rangers was directed by the guy that did Torque and Detention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I don't know what he's on, the ocean turns grey with the sky.

• Locked thread