Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Wow, that really blows that the only way to even get the bonus tracks is to drop $90.
I do like what I'm listening to though, the Helmet Theme and Titan Bound in particular.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

War Zone has Ray Stevenson in it, holy poo poo.
Now I definitely have to see it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

GonSmithe posted:

So Karl Urban had breakfast with the director of Dredd, Alex Garland, the other day, and he had this to say about a sequel:

http://collider.com/dredd-2-sequel-news-karl-urban/

Dear God I hope so.

edit- I'm usually not into this stuff, but, here is a form where you can contact the company that funded Dredd, since he mentioned mailing letters specifically.

Any recommendations on what to actually say or if it's even really worth it? I doubt that they even read their emails.

And, just to get it on the new page.
Everyone seriously owes it to themselves to watch the fanfilm Judge Minty, especially the comic readers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aavS_XUITXU

God drat, it captures the comics remarkably well.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 16, 2013

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Went out and blew my last pay check on copies for my friends that were procrastinating with getting it.

This sequel better get made. :shepicide:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

peer posted:

Or they could try to keep the story within the realm of non-ridiculousness :shobon:

edit: haha wow I didn't know anything about the character and looked him up:

:downs:

Dredd is already ridiculous, the Dark Judge arc is brilliant and would be amazing given the filming style they're using.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

peer posted:

Sure, but I think the small scope and almost-realistic setting play a big part in making Dredd a good movie. It's simple to understand for non-comic fans, and doesn't feel too "out there" or weird for casual moviegoers. If you start adding in parallel dimensions and undead judges I think you might alienate everybody but the hardcore fans. To use a dumb analogy, Dredd is like Pitch Black and I worry a sequel with Death would be Chronicles of Riddick.

I'm sure Death is a cool character in the comics, but do you really think it'd work in a movie like this? Nothing we saw in Dredd is (too) unbelievable, supernatural or magical. It helps the audience connect with what's going on because the world feels similar to our own. I'm sure they could change the Death character somewhat so he's more believable, but presenting him as "an evil undead judge from an alternate universe" might not work too well.

I'm sure they'd do a gradual introduction, he was supposed to be in the third movie after all.
I could totally see it working.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

If they do ever touch on the Cursed Earth, there better be swarms of vicious flying rats. :colbert:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm so happy that Karl Urban is doing a tv show where he is a future cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwxg534yAw

JJ Abrams show, it'll struggle for 5 seasons before finally ending with a bizarre scenery shift in its last season.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm trying to remember the name of the group that made their own Dredd soundtrack and other stuff inspired by Dredd music, anyone know what I'm talking about?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah that's it, thanks guys.

Uuunnnf those synths. :flashfap:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Barry Foster posted:

I'm also going to again shill OGRE, because he's a cool guy and a mate of mine and he does something similar.

http://ogresound.bandcamp.com/album/194

Oh hell yeah, I was looking for this too!
Be still my wallet. :shepspends:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Pingiivi posted:

Those Ogre and Drokk albums are also on Spotify.

Oh poo poo, good eye thanks.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

It had terrible trailers, there was hardly any signage for it, and it was barely promoted.

It had everything against it, it's no wonder it was a financial flop.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The first Saw is the worst one. The best one is probably the short film the first is based on. Anyway, to stay on topic, no Dredd 2 is probably a good thing.

What a bad post.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I thought Doom was pretty awful and not the good kind.
I didn't really have any fun watching it cause even the action was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Fury Road is unequivocally better than Dredd in pretty much every sense, I'm sorry but it's true.

Dredd is still a really fun film but story-wise it leaves a lot to be desired since it's all just an excuse for a The Raid scenario.

Fury Road atleast has something to say.

• Locked thread