Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

KataraniSword posted:

A lot easier to unlock with Permadeath off; then you can do something stupid like run Necronomiconomics and run yourself to 1 or 2 HP, save, and kick a door. If it doesn't work, run yourself through with a Diggle and reload.

I have yet to do the same thing with the Boil Water Advisory, though; it's the single "die for this cheevo" achievement I've yet to manage.

Yeah, I was trying to think of how to do that one as it seems near impossible. Maybe someone could make a mod that adds a few hundred thousand rooms packed with fountains to the random generator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
From the previous thread, I recommended the solution of using the skill that summons a fan to whittle down your HP. I used it to get perilous podiatry on my 2nd attempt. I see no reason why it wouldn't work with that. Summon and walk on the fans until you are low health, then eat fountains.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
If I beat the game on the hardest difficulty, will I get achievements for beating the game on the two easier ones?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'm getting a bug where a lot of the time the game thinks I'm double right-clicking. This is making me waste a lot of food and items. Anyone else getting this?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

TastyLemonDrops posted:

If I beat the game on the hardest difficulty, will I get achievements for beating the game on the two easier ones?

No.

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm getting a bug where a lot of the time the game thinks I'm double right-clicking. This is making me waste a lot of food and items. Anyone else getting this?

I read about someone else who got this, but this doesn't seem to be like a widespread thing or anything. You would be the 2nd person I've ever heard of this.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

GodspeedSphere posted:

From the previous thread, I recommended the solution of using the skill that summons a fan to whittle down your HP. I used it to get perilous podiatry on my 2nd attempt. I see no reason why it wouldn't work with that. Summon and walk on the fans until you are low health, then eat fountains.

Fun fact: Dying due to Lingering Weakness debuff taking away your last remaining HP does not trigger the achievement. :downs: Sadly, fountains are pretty rare so it takes a bit of gaming to get one to spawn.

EDIT: Neither does dying due to Unpleasant Poison. :arghfist::saddowns: Apparently you seriously have to get the Acid Burn effect.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 26, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What makes people want to suicide to a door? Although I will probably find that out in DayZ and also die on steps.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Scalding Coffee posted:

What makes people want to suicide to a door?

People will do a lot of stupid poo poo if it means getting a cheevo.

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

You got a real problem in here, gonna cost ya extra.

KataraniSword posted:

People will do a lot of stupid poo poo if it means getting a cheevo.

And this is precisely why I want this game to get a "Take No Damage At All And Win" one.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rydash posted:

And this is precisely why I want this game to get a "Take No Damage At All And Win" one.

Who do you think Gaslamp is, Capcom?

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance

Captain Invictus posted:

A BOLT ERUPTOR! :q:

... the Moustache Fighting League generally have poo poo for taste.

(Also, yay, new thread! Not my idea, but whatevs.)

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Rydash posted:

"Have no creature die except Lord Dredmor."

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Rydash posted:

Would that even be possible?

Also, echoing the above post:

loving finally.

Kind of cute that it has its own epitaph too: "Killed by ignoring the boil water advisory". Explains the cheevo name, at least.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 26, 2012

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'm working on "I didn't ask for this" by doing a clockwork run. I've got the arms and the bolt gun, but I'm still trying to find the plans for the axes. Is there a way to see the stats on something before you make it?

I thought I just did the Doom one wearing the green armour and the right helmet but it's not showing up. Do I have to wait until that game actually finishes?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I was never ever to get into other roguelikes for any length of time but the combination of tiles and humor has led me to stick with Dredmor since it came out. I had not seen this thread in forever and had no idea there were expansions though! I'm looking forward to building all sorts of new terrible characters to die.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm working on "I didn't ask for this" by doing a clockwork run. I've got the arms and the bolt gun, but I'm still trying to find the plans for the axes. Is there a way to see the stats on something before you make it?

I thought I just did the Doom one wearing the green armour and the right helmet but it's not showing up. Do I have to wait until that game actually finishes?

Nope, you just have to have them equipped. Green Armor and Rusty Helmet for Realms of the Id. Are you sure you don't already have the achievement?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Dr_Amazing posted:

Oh thank god it's not just me.

I mentioned this in the previous thread, and reported it in the IRC channel, but no-one else was able to reproduce it. We did determine that it's not a problem with my mouse, but with the game, and that it doesn't appear to affect the linux version, but that's about it.

vvv Hey there Tenebrous Rift buddy

Weird bit is that some skills (Thibault's Trompement) have previews, and others (Psi Shove) did in previous versions but don't appear to anymore.

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 26, 2012

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
I'd really welcome the ability to kind of zoom out the dungeon view a bit, and/or AoE previews before you use a skill/spell. Died on floor 8 when I cast Tenebrous Rift as far downward as I could (~4 spaces, and 1 to the left), thinking that would be far enough away from me... turns out it wasn't. :doh:

Professor Moriarty fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 26, 2012

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

ToxicFrog posted:

Oh thank god it's not just me.

I mentioned this in the previous thread, and reported it in the IRC channel, but no-one else was able to reproduce it. We did determine that it's not a problem with my mouse, but with the game, and that it doesn't appear to affect the linux version, but that's about it.

I think it may have something to do with the autosave. My game always hitches for half a second when it saves, and I just noticed that the last time it did it was at the same time as an autosave. But it never does it for a normal attack or for movement.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Dr_Amazing posted:

I think it may have something to do with the autosave. My game always hitches for half a second when it saves, and I just noticed that the last time it did it was at the same time as an autosave. But it never does it for a normal attack or for movement.

Pretty sure I've seen it happen (a lot) when not autosaving, but maybe the game autosaves a lot more frequently than I realize.

And yeah, it only affects right-clicks. Casting spells or using items is affected, moving and picking things up isn't.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
The only other interface-y thing I could wish for in this game would be a key that toggles the hud off briefly, possibly just until your next action. It would be a) for increased vision and b) for better targetting, just because it feels like you have a disadvantage when you're fighting "downward", especially on a Zoo when you want to fire certain things as far away from you as possible.

Of course if this actually exists I'll have to eat my Fedora after going 180 hours without it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

KataraniSword posted:

A lot easier to unlock with Permadeath off; then you can do something stupid like run Necronomiconomics and run yourself to 1 or 2 HP, save, and kick a door. If it doesn't work, run yourself through with a Diggle and reload.

I have yet to do the same thing with the Boil Water Advisory, though; it's the single "die for this cheevo" achievement I've yet to manage.

Huh. Tried this a good dozen times. Haven't gotten it to work.

Edit: 13th time is the charm.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 26, 2012

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

KataraniSword posted:

Nope, you just have to have them equipped. Green Armor and Rusty Helmet for Realms of the Id. Are you sure you don't already have the achievement?

I definitely didn't have it this morning but it was there when I looked at steam today.

Oddly I don't seem to have the one for playing with both characters and I've done that one.

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

Dr_Amazing posted:

Oddly I don't seem to have the one for playing with both characters and I've done that one.

I believe that only triggers if this is undertaken in the same game session. For some odd reason. Even then, I'm not 100% sure if it's functioning properly.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Rydash posted:

I believe that only triggers if this is undertaken in the same game session. For some odd reason. Even then, I'm not 100% sure if it's functioning properly.

I think it's still broken.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Copycat Zero posted:

I think it's still broken.

Yes, that one is still broken for some reason. It will be fixed next patch.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

So if you have an artifact version of an item needed for a crafting recipe, drop it before you craft it. Found that out the hard way just now :(

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Hmm so yeah, there definitely seems to be a max number of mods that you can have. I wanted to have as many mods as possible for maximum crazyness, but it seems subscribing to so many mods only like half of them load every time I play the game and it seems like it's always different ones so I can never load a saved game since I'm always missing a random mod that's turned on or off. This makes me sad.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Man clockwork knight is amazing. You can gently caress up an entire monster zoo with a good charge. For smaller groups I can use the combo of jump in, axenato, rocket jump out. I also managed to get "I didn't ask for this."

Clockwork Knight has that ability that gets an extra hit 5% of the time. At first I was hitting about that much, but somewhere between maxing the skill tree, overclockworking both arms, and duel wielding clockwork ravagers, I now get an extra hit about 80% of the time. the best part is occasionally I'll just go nuts on an enemy and give them like 8 extra hits.

Maybe I'm getting cocky but going toe to toe with Dredmore might be a real option.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

goldjas posted:

Hmm so yeah, there definitely seems to be a max number of mods that you can have. I wanted to have as many mods as possible for maximum crazyness, but it seems subscribing to so many mods only like half of them load every time I play the game and it seems like it's always different ones so I can never load a saved game since I'm always missing a random mod that's turned on or off. This makes me sad.

Er, really? Can you give us an approximation?

If you want to run all the mods you can get the non-workshop versions meanwhile, but I wasn't aware of this.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Yeah I don't know what's up.

I mean, maybe it just so happens that like a few different mods I've been using were taken down or something, I guess that's possible, since I've just been using every mod I could see that happening.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I only got that with Fax Pax, every time.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Someone did Prey Upon onto my Warren Instigator, making it fight a Garruk's companion. The Companion took one damage, the instigator took no damage, and the rest of the game no creatures could die under any circumstances.

Welp.

edit: fffffffffff threads.

Vincent Valentine fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 27, 2012

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Vincent Valentine posted:

Someone did Prey Upon onto my Warren Instigator, making it fight a Garruk's companion. The Companion took one damage, the instigator took no damage, and the rest of the game no creatures could die under any circumstances.

Welp.

MTG 2013 is a good game, but I think you have the wrong thread.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I had two chain axes two robot arms and opened about 30 bookshelves to no new patterns and never got to make either the clockwork boltthrower or the one that you need to make it. Waiting for patterns is the worst. I was already not playing on no time to grind because I needed steel for basically everything but drat.

What kind of armor should a dualweilding/axe/mechanic/tinkerer/armorer with literally no magic go for? I could make those clockwork pants but died before finding the last bit of steel. I am pretty sure clockwork everything takes your accuracy away so stacking all of it seems like a bad idea?

Aluminium armor?

e: also why doesn't "last" ever work? It always loads some random build from a year ago.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 27, 2012

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I find you either have to choose dodging or blocking. When I tried going through with armour and shields, I just choose the armour that provided the highest block chance and absorb unless there was a particular damage type I needed to resist.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Copycat Zero posted:

MTG 2013 is a good game, but I think you have the wrong thread.

How do you know? There's some goofy poo poo in DoD, you know!

Rydash
Dec 23, 2011

Krinkle posted:

e: also why doesn't "last" ever work? It always loads some random build from a year ago.

My first instinct on this is to blame the Steam Cloud - that bit of the preferences doesn't seem to sync properly, from what I can remember.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dr_Amazing posted:

Man clockwork knight is amazing. You can gently caress up an entire monster zoo with a good charge. For smaller groups I can use the combo of jump in, axenato, rocket jump out. I also managed to get "I didn't ask for this."

Clockwork Knight has that ability that gets an extra hit 5% of the time. At first I was hitting about that much, but somewhere between maxing the skill tree, overclockworking both arms, and duel wielding clockwork ravagers, I now get an extra hit about 80% of the time. the best part is occasionally I'll just go nuts on an enemy and give them like 8 extra hits.

Maybe I'm getting cocky but going toe to toe with Dredmore might be a real option.
Do you really need two of those arms to get double the chance or even activate? That almost never proc'd and I had one such arm and Krong-it ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Krinkle posted:

I had two chain axes two robot arms and opened about 30 bookshelves to no new patterns and never got to make either the clockwork boltthrower or the one that you need to make it. Waiting for patterns is the worst. I was already not playing on no time to grind because I needed steel for basically everything but drat.

What kind of armor should a dualweilding/axe/mechanic/tinkerer/armorer with literally no magic go for? I could make those clockwork pants but died before finding the last bit of steel. I am pretty sure clockwork everything takes your accuracy away so stacking all of it seems like a bad idea?

Aluminium armor?

In the vanilla game boilerplate armor + helmet is hard to beat, having those resists is just too great to pass up. I'd go for clockwork belt/pants, but if you find Mittens of the Hyperborean Hierophant you'll probably want them instead of clockwork gauntlets (the mittens may not look like much, but when you try them out in melee, trust me, you'll want to keep them.)

• Locked thread