Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bloodnose posted:

For bonus hilarity, this means something like "to scheme maliciously in the shadows" in Chinese.

Goddamn math-havers. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

CottonWolf posted:

I suppose there's literally no way they'll change the law so Aiko can take the throne while they change the laws to allow for the abdication?

...Is Naruhito dying of something and I missed the memo?

Edit: oh, I assume you mean "gently caress it, may as well change two rules at once".

On the plus this got me to google Naruhito. :3: Water nerd, road nerd, AND viola player?

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 8, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

the disaster of Berlusconi

That's a funny way to spell Overwhelming* Success**.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

Pretty much every premodern culture was fine with being gay if you were an elite man. Modern sexual morality is just that, a product of the modern period, as I understand it.

I read somewhere that in renaissance Italy the prevailing idea was that gay sex was actually strictly superior to hetero sex, because the female body was an inferior derivation of the male one

My favorite Renaissance Italy homosexual-relations story was that a cardinal in Venice (?) got real worried about the increasing popularity of male prostitutes, so he lobbied for female prostitutes to be able to advertise their wares visually in public. :haw:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Truga posted:

Holy poo poo! That bad?

I can TOTALLY see Japan launching a massive defensive campaign to keep secret fishpeople from encroaching on their shores.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/RW_UNP/status/1545424120997093376?s=20&t=Rz0cSgYwpOmivKc_MctFOQ

sri lankan prime minister / former prime minister, depending on exactly when his resignation goes into effect

SL's been schmoozing anyone who will give them the time of day but especially Japan, so he might actually be legitimately sad about Abe getting shot, for reasons that aren't just his own personal security and his own personal wallet

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

captkirk posted:

Fuuuuck. Whelp, time to copy paste into the right Japan thread.

But yeah, if anyone has some white fish dishes, please let me know the recipes and their implications for the LDP in a post Abe Japan.

good save :golfclap:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

PT6A posted:

I don't think any country that still uses hanging uses anything other than the long-drop method, it's not exactly a novel innovation. The English came up with it around 1872, says Wikipedia.

Iran at least sometimes gets lazy and doesn't use drop tables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

death to accountants