Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Now I want to see a game where npcs can pick up environmental objects and use them as weapons, glitch out and have someone pull out their own skeleton to beat you with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I'm sorry to interject but oh my God dude I just noticed

I've never coined a new username before, thank you! This is a bright spot in a kind of a lousy evening!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

StillFullyTerrible posted:

I'm looking forward to the Starfield launch, we'll definitely get some good bugs out of that.

I'm assuming the "giants launch you into space for real this time" jokes were played out years ago

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DMorbid posted:

NoA's Ken Lobb

And yes, if you're wondering if the Klobb gun is named after him, it was changed very late in development from "Spyder" after Nintendo legal found out there was a paintball gun with that name.

Ken Lobb, quoted on the Goldeneye Wiki posted:

They didn’t want to risk it. It obviously looks nothing like this gun, but it’s a name that’s trademarked, so they wanted to change it, but didn’t have time to do a worldwide search. The name had to be unique. So Martin said, ‘We named it after you!’ The people at Rare called me Klobb. ‘So, we named it after you, is that okay?’ I was honored. And little did I know that the game was going to do great. I had no idea it was going to be what it was. The little letter from legal ended up having a nice impact on me, personally. It was appreciated.

No word about what his reaction was, if any, to it being legendarily lovely. Like, I can't name any other gun from Goldeneye (except the Golden Gun obvs) and even I know the Klobb is lovely.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

very risky blowjob posted:

I think games should have more bugs, but only if they're funny ones. And if you turn on arachnophobia mode it makes all the bugs go away and the game play glitch-free. Just my Two Gamer's Cents.

Arachnophobia mode on Star Control 2 should turn the Ilwrath (horrible vicious spider people) good

(For reference, in-game, another species you can meet tells you that the Ilwrath were once an enlightened and benificent race, until they got just a little too good and stack-overflowed into pure evil, in an obvious reference to the Nuclear Gandhi legend from Civilization)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

"alright chuckleheads, who's the engineer here, you or me?!"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah they just zoomed into the ball and now the entire game plays out inside a giant ball you cant see

20022 is gonna be fuckin lit

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

What do you say for "that's a feature, not a bug" when it is for a bug?

That is what you say when it's for a bug, you just have to smile when you say it

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Owl Inspector posted:

Getting elon’s new X-Optics that let me browse twitter with my eyes and they start showing me AR ads based on my location, stop loading after two days and then fry my optical nerves

Relevant: IEEE ran an article in 2022 about people who found their retinal implants unsupported or shutting down when the company that manufactured them went bankrupt

https://spectrum.ieee.org/bionic-eye-obsolete