Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I miss this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

flatluigi posted:

I've never played it either but I was under the impression that it was like GTA4 where you could have something ridiculous happen and save video of it after the fact.
You can. The main ploy was to make skate videos etc and essentially show off. The all the games could let you go back and see it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Brother Jonathan posted:

HelixSnake Skate 3 videos have been posted, but wAYmOBY also has some great ones:

A compilation: part one, part two.

Absolutely amazing. His in game editing made me crack up a bunch because I didn't know what to expect. I need skate shoot as a ring tone.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

EGSunBro posted:

So the same guys who made the other earlier WWE 13 glitch videos made another, and this one is way more glitchy than those last ones. Here it is

The entire game just sort of... falls apart. How this thing got released is beyond me.

This is hilarious and the stuff of nightmares at the same time.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Vincent Valentine posted:

While not ha-ha funny this amuses the hell out of me: Catching Mew in red/blue

Everyone who was in school and played this game when it came out had the same experience. Everyone had a theory about how to get Mew, but nobody had him himself. There were crazy theories, a lot of them involved the SS Anne, but around my playground it was a bunch of stupid poo poo like doing laps and catching missingno(don't catch missingno)

Turns out, the actual way to do it was probably weirder than whatever you heard, and it actually works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkF7Xjxn9jc

The math/programming reason behind it is just as strange as the method, but it's more fun left to mystery. The fact that the legitimate method is weirder than the theories I heard is funny to me, especially considering how I dismissed a lot of my childhood theories for being too weird.

I always caught missing no. Level 200 for one match was pretty sick.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

WWE 14 is the mecca of unintentional glitches. I love that it is so broken and wrong. Especially if people play that game "competitively"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

There's no other kind of glitch, by definition. :eng101:

Vine sauce :colbert:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Finisher1 posted:

Looks like Vinny just posted another corruption. This time it's Majora's Mask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF238BCdMts&hd=1

I wish he did these more often. Ocarina of time was nightmare fuel.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

RillAkBea posted:

Having just marathoned AssCreed:Rev, it's actually just so nice to see some kind of positive emotion on an assassins face.

Edit: And just starting AssCreed3, I see they've overhauled the facial animation system to give you even more technologically impressive angst faces. Woo.

I'm actually doing the same hing. I got assassins creed 2 with the free with gold thing xbox does, finally played it and loved Ezio (I'm also super big into Florence) so much that I immediately went out and got brotherhood, now I'm playing revelations while 3 and 4 make its way to me via amazon.

I Didn't like the first one because it was so repetitive but wow did they make leaps and bounds to the rest of the series.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

That was the one thing that the first game kinda got right that they never really came back to, the whole piecing together your plan of attack and escape route by gathering information or bribing the right people. For better or worse, those parts get blended into the story more (ie, Leonardo in 2).

I much prefer it that way. Forcing me to do something takes the fun out of it. Plus it was the same, bullshit, over and over, and over.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

The actual means of gathering assassination information were repetitive, often intentionally redundant without making it clear that that was the case, and was the awkward layer in-between gathering viewpoints (which could already get tedious) and doing actual mission content. But I was more referring to the general idea of planning your assassinations in advance and having different approaches to handle your target, ala Hitman. The mission design actually got more clunky, linear, and scripted, and I still feel like that's the main thing holding the series back, as much as you could say it's being held back.

That makes sense. I'm also playing through to see glitches, but so far there has only been 2, one when I killed a guard on a wire in Brotherhood that made him stretch to the ground and in Revelations (just now) where someone I was supposed to be following kept running backwards.

It's a great series, don't spoil it, but I'm really looking forward to why desmond killed Lucy

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

^^^ suddenly it makes sense.

The series is fun, glitches are part of it. Cept when it prevents me from going further in the mission.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Waymoby shows the exciting new trailer of a game called RV2 with Robin Williams!

http://youtu.be/R82RuWkyzrM

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le23bsVURds

I am unsure if this was posted here before or not, but it illustrates a great example on how glitch AI can be in MGS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pneub posted:

Here's 10 minutes of maybe the same guy setting up photo ops for the in-game camera (9:00 is the money shot, you have to at least watch that one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpZwGwPTYxE

I was not expecting the money shot to end like that. Amazing.

I don't even play MGS, but his videos are great.