Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

olaf2022 posted:

So that's what God looks like.

God looks angry! Or maybe He's just got a sneeze that won't come. It's hard to tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

This reminds me of a weird glitch I got when playing the Ardat-Yakshi monastery level:

(sorry for low quality, I play on Xbox so my only option was taking a camera-phone picture of the screen)

Looks like Shep's come down with a bad case of the Banshees.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

TwoPair posted:

Holy poo poo, I just can't stop watching this and laughing my rear end off over and over. It's magical.

It's even better how one of the related videos is Metallica's 'Hate Train' :buddy:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

bucketmouse posted:

Does this count? TASVideos presents: The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess in 0:00:22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zif-0RxXNhM
it was the april fools submission

My real favorite is the error handler in Sonic 3D Blast for genesis. It pops up a dialog that says something like "Congratulations! You've found the secret level select!" and dumps you at the stage select.

This happens every time the game has some sort of terrible error it can't recover from, like if you whack the cart really hard while the genesis is on. There used to be a great video of this on youtube but the uploader seems to have been banned.

Is that the one of the kid hitting the cart with a sock while looking bored? That was so hilariously :effort:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I know Bethesda games are famous for having terrible options for faces during character creation, but saying you wanted a 'hotter character'... probably not the best justification you could've made.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

CzarChasm posted:

What the hell game is this? The main character appears to be fighting a war against shrapnel.

I understand how the glitch happens, it's a healing animation, and him "drowning" reduces his health, which he then recovers when he comes up for air. But some of those animations were strangely stomach churning.

It's when he pulls out an iron bar about the length of his forearm out of his knee. I know it's only about five seconds in but still, wow.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Brother Jonathan posted:

Introversion Software--makers of Defcon, Darwinia, and Uplink--have announced the alpha release of a game inspired by Dward Fortress called Prison Architect. The announcement video promises that people who get the alpha will "enjoy exclusive access to GAME BREAKING BUGS" such as all of the prisoners heads being replaced by random sprites, prisoners taking food from the canteen to eat naked in the showers, and everyone getting an electric drill following a save and reload.

Alpha releases are sometimes more entertaining than the final just for the amazing bugs that can occur.

Eating naked in the shower is a bug? Someone tell the bachelor thread about this, stat!

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

FoxxorTheRed posted:

I've heard of CS: S servers having this issue with weapon switching, but I haven't seen it personally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHYn5eSCsRs
It's still funny.

Kinda reminds me of another FPS I was playing recently, where if I used a shotgun, I'd occasionally run into this glitch where I'd never stop reloading. It'd just keep feeding shells into the gun like the world's most morbid clown car. Damned if I can remember what game it was though.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Elephantgun posted:

I managed to youtube it and find it. Apparently it's called "Morphogenesis" to this person, might be the glitch nickname.

In any rate, holy poo poo this is hilarious. You can find the other models in the "related videos" on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgaByAczTH8

The fact that her jaw collapses in on itself in half the switches is... terrifying, frankly.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

My best sniper is a guy called Chase Kennedy. Naturally, he wound up with the nickname 'Lady Lovely Locks'.

Incidentally (and to get this back on topic), did they patch out the 'snipers can see through multiple walls and still nut-shot a target' bug on the 360? I know it was patched on the PC, but I don't think the 360's received many (or any) updates.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Inspector_71 posted:

I bought it and played it from 10:00PM to 7:30AM. I couldn't get any drat engineers, so I haven't even assaulted the enemy base yet.

The thread in Games has a lot of good beginner tactics. Also, you'll want to build workshops and satellite stations in a 2x2 grid. Makes things a lot easier with the adjacent bonuses for doing so.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

On a related note, the Chainsaw Vortex during the early days of the original GoW could be tremendous fun depending on which end of it you were on. The short version of it was that using the chainsaw in multiplayer could result in it occasionally scoring you a kill from much further away than should be possible. The effect made it look like people were getting sucked into the teeth of the saw, to the point where you'd sometimes get people running backwards towards you, before getting their chests hacked open.

It still crops up in the later games from time to time, but seeing it happen - especially in LAN mode, which you'd expect to be more stable than online multiplayer - never failed to amuse.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Haruharuharuko posted:

:nws:?
http://imgur.com/vLsCvrN
Niko flipping out when a stripper mounts him for a lap dance.

I'll have what he's having.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Sigma_Bark posted:

This doesn't count as funny and is more than a simple glitch but I laughed maniacally when it happened, you know, that kind of crazy despairing laugh you do when no amount of cursing will fix a problem.

I was playing Virtue's Last Reward one night (maybe a week ago) and I was just getting started in the Pressure Exchange Chamber puzzle and after a few minutes my game just flat out froze and I couldn't do anything. Assuming it was nothing, I restarted my game and had blasted through 40 minutes of dialogue to get back to the PEC, saving my game once the escape started (Which I regret doing). Low and behold my game froze AGAIN and when I restarted my game again to load my save file; all I got was a black screen.

The long and the short of it is that I lost 30+ hours of game play and have to start all over again and hope my game doesn't, once again, die.

Thank you for listening.

I once had Disgaea on the PS2 screw up while saving and completely erase my memory card. On Christmas Eve.

It's always hard to recover from the loss of a save, but it is possible :unsmith:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

BioEnchanted posted:

Maybe we should start a group :P

loss.sav

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Dauntasa posted:

Yeah if you get an arrow stuck in you during the Fear fight and don't remove it eventually the game kind of forgets it's there and it disappears from the medical screen but the actual arrow stays stuck in you forever.

I made a point of never removing any arrows during the Fear fight. The thought of Snake running around like a human porcupine amuses me far more than it rightly should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

scarycave posted:

Fixing a quest mod I made awhile ago, so I was playing through it to see if everything's working fine, about mid-way through the quest, I see something in the distance...

What the gently caress.

Reminds me of that one bit from Spec Ops. Did you try firing blindly? That always works for me.