Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

credburn posted:

Hey I know I'm like a decade late in asking this question, but is GTAV and Grand Theft Auto Online two different things? Or are they the same?

They are also selling RDR2 Online as a separate cheaper game for unhinged weirdos who don't want to play the single player story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Suleman posted:

Speaking of classic Skyrim glitches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93W6mB0ZqCM

I love how the bear bops its head in the same way a cat does when you spin something in front of it.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Tricky Ed posted:

Oh, and Bethesda didn't give Obsidian any documentation or training on the engine. They had to figure it out on their own, on the fly.

I originally played New Vegas on the Xbox 360 and I recall having a surprisingly stable experience. I don't remember any crashes and only quite small glitches.

So yeah very well done from Obsidian in that time frame and those constraints.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Railing Kill posted:

I adopted two children in Skyrim. I left them the house in Whiterun, and I live alone in the woods at Lakeview. The last four times I've been to Whiterun, the adopted girl hasn't been around. I just fast traveled there and arrived at 3 AM, and she wasn't even in bed. The boy was there, the girl was not.

Is.... my daughter dead? I thought Todd didn't allow children to be killed in these games. I just want her to find me random alchemy reagents to make sure she's ok. :ohdear:

The boy probably just ate the girl because you left them with no food or supervision for long periods at a time. You are a bad parent.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

We must go deeper!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsBrkLq31eM

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Reminds me of the Outer Worlds ladder glitch, which I think has been in this thread before but just in case:

https://twitter.com/_taylorswope/status/1205252973611237376?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2xFnKWSxdQ

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Dewgy posted:

TBH at least in my own experience, a little task like this is pretty easy to code.

Where the problem really lies is realizing you need to do this way later than you should have, then figuring out how and where to do this inside code that you already have without breaking the entire drat thing. :gonk:

At which point you just go “not crashing? good enough”

Simple solution would be to record a line "Well this is awkward..." and have one of them say it.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Is Cyberpunk still buggy as poo poo? It was on sale on Steam recently, and I was debating finally getting it, but the sale ended before I could make up my mind.

I've been playing it since 2.0 and there have been very few bugs or glitches. It's a good game and I recommend it.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I'm quite far into the game and pretty much the worst I've experienced has been the same NPC spawning multiple times in an area. And even that's happened like twice.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

It's probably the best time to jump on board. I started playing just before 2.0 released and it wasn't super buggy, and what I ran into was not game breaking. 2.0 redid the level-ups and skill trees, and while I don't like the changes they made, and I miss my time with the old system, if you were to start now, you'd never know the difference.

The driving sucks, and all the cars feel the same. Motorcycles feel better to drive, but are not as indestructible as they were before 2.0. It is a lot faster than walking, but at no point is it fun. Find a fast travel point near where you need to go, call in a vehicle drop and then drive the shortest distance to get where you need. Otherwise avoid driving when possible.

I haven't bought the DLC yet, but I'm going to pretty quickly. I'll gladly accept more of the same, and I'm happy with the game after paying full price. I'd probably be ecstatic if I paid $40 or less for it. If you're getting it on PC, probably a good amount of mods to make it exactly what you want (but might have to wait with the 2.0 changes).

The driving is the weak point. Avoid doing anything that reminds you of GTA, because you will just be disappointed by how much better GTA is. But it's a very fun story based RPG. And I've really enjoyed playing a sneaky character. It's fun to slowly take out baddies while sneaking.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm still shocked at how much better of a game this ended up being than starfield. Like better in every possible way even with the dumb early glitches.

I was planning on buying Starfield, because I was in the mood for some space gaming, but when it was released it looked like my potato PC couldn't run it. So I decided to risk it and try Cyberpunk instead. And it runs well and looks good enough for me at medium settings. And it turned out to be a good game.

With Starfield, the more I've read the less I am interested in it anymore. It just sounds so bland in every way. I'm glad I didn't get it. Maybe I'll get it on sale in the future when modders have made some fun content for it.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's just shocking that it's not an open world game at all, like that's sort of been the thing in fallout type games but it's just loading areas on top of loading areas. and don't get me started about the terrible stealth poo poo in the game. it's like if someone made a terrible deus ex phone game with the worst enemy AI ever. Starfield seems to be trying a bunch of poo poo from other games but doing none of it competently.

And Bethesda is widely known for their lovely writing and the reason people (me included) play their games is the open world with tons of little hand placed things to explore and discover. With Starfield they decided to take that all out and have a 1000 empty planets. Just have like five totally different planets with a lot of stuff to explore. It's always so weird how these huge companies have no idea what their strengths are.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

haveblue posted:

Mass Effect also at least stuck the prefab building in the middle of a different terrain heightmap each time

I played ME1 recently and it does stick out, but at least there is a slight excuse in universe where they just used the same prefabs. Except all the caves were also the same... So that doesn't work. It was definitely better in ME2 where you had less places but they were all unique.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Owl Inspector posted:

Looked in the mirror, discovered my hand had grown another hand. Terrifying

https://i.imgur.com/GgDs0jU.mp4

She's the perfect partner for Johnny Two-Dicks

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Kennel posted:

Randomly bumped into this:

AI car's perspective 1:05
Player's perspective 2:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7W-RX2pGK4&t=65s

I really misheard the "That stupid ticker in the corner..." part at first.

I loved Stunts back then. Smooth gameplay and it was a lot of fun to make your own tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

These were hilarious.

Serana going full Homer there.