Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Things are more like they
are now than they ever were before.
Just submitted one of my band's songs for the weather....fingers crossed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

I've made the drive from Dallas-->St Louis (played a show, hit the road at 1:00 am and drove all night/day)-->Philly (for a show with Unknown Hinson).

Moral of the story: Don't be an idiot when booking your own tour just to get in on a decent bill.

Also, preparing my browser to get the Dallas tickets.....

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

If you want tickets for the Dallas show, go here: http://c3reserved.frontgatetickets.com/choose.php

C3 Concerts hasn't added the "buy tickets" link to their site yet.

I was able to snag the front center section, row H!

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

maxnmona posted:

There are many that are songs or artists I've loved a long time. Most of the first year or two is that, with some fan submissions here and there. Others are songs I stumbled on. For instance Palabras de Papel I believe it was called, which was a song by a street performer in Barcelona. I really liked it while walking by, wrote down his info, and emailed him later for permission. I'm still not 100% sure he understands what happened. I think he might believe he was played on the radio in a town called Night Vale, which I guess is close enough.

I opened up submissions for weather this summer and got hundreds and hundreds, so there are more and more fan submissions now. The last two episodes were both fan submissions. But there are also plenty of artists that are ones I loved and reached out to mixed in (Against Me!, the Mountain Goats, Waxahatchee).

Count me as one of the hundreds and hundreds of submissions when it was opened up last summer. I play in several bands, but didn't want to flood your inbox any more than I already knew it would be, so I wound up just sending in one track from my main band's fifth album.

I'm pretty drat proud of this one, but those of you who don't like acoustic folky stuff probably won't dig it.

https://soundcloud.com/cowpunkholymoly/03-cocaine

/end shameless self-promotion

Snowdog79 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 18, 2015

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Holy crap.

I just got the email.

My band is the weather on the next episode.

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

AstroZamboni posted:

That was a drat fine song.

Thank you sir. It's an honor to be included on this podcast.

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Headed to the Dallas show tonight! We've got really good seats this time. Super excited!

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

My wife and I have seen you guys at The Majestic in Dallas twice now, and got to be on the front row for Ghost Stories.

AND you picked my band's song for The Weather on an episode last year.

AND we're going on the JOCO cruise in March.

In summary: thank you for making Good Art and being so awesome to your fanbase.

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Earwicker posted:

we're on a boat!

And the Boat Show was outstanding. Whose idea was it to bring Pat Rothfuss in to read the "Word from our sponsor?"

Excellent work as always, sir.

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

Tickets acquired woo

Just snagged our tickets for the Dallas show--second row!

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

Hey maxnmona...this is an unusual question and a strange venue to ask it, but will you or others from the Night Vale Presents crew be in NYC during Adweek (September 25th through 29th)? I see that the tour is overseas that week, but figured I'd check in case one of you isn't terrorizing/enthralling fans in Europe.

I work for a large digital agency, and we're putting together several panels for Adweek about such enthralling topics as changing media consumption patterns and new advertising models. You would have a fascinating viewpoint to share, and quite frankly be much more entertaining than the usual presenters.

Our PR team is going to reach out via other channels, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask here. Nothing ventured and so forth.

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

maxnmona posted:

yeah, this is definitely an email thing. http://www.welcometonightvale.com/contact/

Will do--thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdog79
Jul 18, 2007

One-off weather artist / longtime Goon here. Episode 87, The Trial of Hiram McDaniels.

"Factory by the Sea" is fantastic, thanks for the heads up--going to check out that live show!