Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

docbeard posted:

If it helps, everything that's happening appears to be a callback to something from earlier in the series.

Yeah this season appears to be entirely about going back to the underground city and the woman from Italy and that surrounding nonsense, if you haven't listenes to the first two seasons it isn't going to work

I did lose the plot halfway through last season and need the wiki to help catch me up though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No fuckin way

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So

gently caress

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Man what where is this gonna go in September

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pencils R Cool posted:

Touching end to the season and I'm excited to see where this goes next. There are still so many loose ends left to explore: the men with the crates, Kevin, The Woman From Italy and The Distant Prince, Blood Space War etc. Personal highlights of Year 5 have been Love Is A Shambling Thing (featuring one of the creepiest passages ever in the show) and The Missing Sky. Have to say my only disappointment was the Felicia Day episode which felt completely off tonally and I'm glad it was just a one-off (hopefully!). August 1st can't come soon enough.

It's probably about time to go back to Kevin but with It Devours coming out I don't know if they'll do more smiling God stuff in the podcast right away

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Someone better loving dish about After Dark

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I will never get tired of episodes that play off of the pilot. So many parts of that episode are burned into my brain. Love it.

E holy poo poo the update on the waterfront.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also holy poo poo return of the original theme

My fave theme

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Alice Isn't Dead tv sounds dope as hell

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jurgan posted:

I am enjoying the show where a nerd geeks out about a musician I've never heard of and tells others how life-changing the experience is. In addition to I Only Listen to the Mountain Goats, It Makes a Sound is pretty good. :rimshot:

Seriously, though, I thought the first episode of IMS was painful, as I was having trouble accepting that this fictional musician was so important and endless superlatives weren't convincing me. By episode 2 or 3, though, I realized that was the point. He's important to her personally but probably not to anyone else.

Unironically recommend listening to All Hail West Texas and then the new podcast tho

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

soupcan58 posted:

Seriously, if I weren't dirt poor right now, I'd already have the vinyl pre-ordered. The covers of an already fantastic album have just been incredibly good so far. Color in your Cheeks has been the standout of the first three for me.

Considering color in your cheeks is bare minimum the third best song on the album, that's not surprising (the best song is all Star Running back)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CaptainPsyko posted:

It’s Jenny you ignorant lout. :colbert:

Wrong, Jenny woukdnt be as good without Running Back to set it up

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
condos and the debate are easily the two best live shows and id argue that while condos is strictly better for character development the debate has the wonderful steve carlsberg payoff which makes it the best, come at me haters

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

maxnmona posted:

We take every Jan and July off. As always, this hiatus was announced in the intro to the last episode.

There's a front page an intro?????

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AstroZamboni posted:

He's basically what would happen if Andy Kaufman were a severely autistic twelve year old who wrote phantasmagorical gay erotica.

Also he may or may not be an elaborate performance art piece

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Here's my thoughts on I Only Listen etc

Do Sunset Tree

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nevvy Z posted:

:same:
But I think they are just gonna do them all in order.
Now I want a complete sunset tree with all the songs from both.

I mean they've already skipped a couple albums so im hoping they jump around and just do whatever

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You should record the live Alice at some point

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chairman Capone posted:

That's a very problematic opinion, to dismiss an entire podcast entirely because of your own homophobia.

This is it, the hottest and dumbest take itt

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm catching up on last year because I fell off for a bit and man I'm glad they reused those Mountain Goats covers as weather because I forgot how good the Source Decay one was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

maxnmona posted:

nah, Blood Space War was introduced all the way back in ep 2. It's one of our longest running things.

I'm still holding out for a reveal that the Apache tracker never died

Even if he was an rear end in a top hat