Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I always thought that broadsword to the helmet part was a cool scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

New Bladestorm is looking like a HD update with a fantasy mode tacked on. Should be super cool but I don't know how much they're changing the base game

Morter posted:

Empires games never have the Story/Free mode of the base games. They are their own standalone games (no MixJoy or anything), with a unique mode revolving around conquering a landmass with both might, strategy and policies.

SW2:Empires was the best, in my opinion, in terms of policies and that the AI played by the same rules as the player. Ever since then, the AI has always cheated in one way or another.

2 would cheat by leveling all their generals up to around your level, despite not having enough battles or policies to have done so

But yeah I agree it's pretty much my favorite of the Empires. There was poo poo that went down that made it seem like a legit strategy game, like, sometimes for the Incident at Honnoji scenario Mitsuhide wouldn't turn on Nobunaga, making a big ol' blob in the middle

Supposedly SW3:E was even better because the capital city infrastructure thing was cool. Of course thats the one that never got localized

I do like how the newer Empires have been including Vagabond/General modes to them, it could use fleshing out (like all of them) but it's still a lot of fun

These are my thoughts on Empires

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Combine Bladestorm/Kessen style with Empires and you've got something dangerously sexy

Also combine Warsong with Empires Koei I know you read this thread

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

An attack on titan game could be cool but it'd need to be fast as balls and super deadly; if I'm chipping away at a titans lifebar somebody hosed up

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah if you're zipping around looking for an opening constantly on the verge of death it could be cool, if its like Toukiden or a QTE fest it'll miss the main fun thing about AoT

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

That would be sweet, especially since the next Kingdom Under Fire is never going to come out no matter what they say

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Jimbot posted:

I'll have to pop it in and see if I'm just not remembering it correctly but what did they do to Mitsuhide movest? It's friggan lousy. He was one of my go-to characters in previous entries (in Samurai Warriors 2, Ginchiyo replaced him) and he had a really good selection of moves. In 3 they're all incredibly lackluster with this Square x4 then triangle (Where you draw the full moon) is probably the worst in the game. It does hardly any damage and it has no combo attached to it. Luckily Ginchiyo is still god-tier.

I feel like after the first game they had an internal meeting and went "Okay let's make Mitsuhide really good in 2 and important to the plot. Strong characterization, tragic figure, good moveset, the works. From then on he'll be a milquetoast weiner forever though. Heck let's have Nobunaga win the duel and immolate himself half the time."

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I guess ROTK 13 is SORTA like the RPG ROTK games but not completely, so you get weird things like being a unit commander but controlling your entire side during a battle. I'm not sure I'd grab it even if it was translated

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 29, 2016

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Internet Friend posted:

The Steam reviews are pretty damning of the Officer part of the game, saying there's little to do and you're promoted up to general ASAP with no chance to refuse. Then the AI lord makes you manage all cities but their own.

This better not be true because that would loving suck. The whole drat point of officer mode is being as big or as small of a cog as you want

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah that looks cool as gently caress. One thing I kinda missed from older DW was having things like the yellow turban rebellion being over the course of three battles

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I love Bladestorm to death but it forever perches on its 60 dollar pedestal

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's interesting that Oka is apparently popular. I'm not complaining because Oka is cool but she's pretty orthodox. Maybe I've spent too much time in the vita thread

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It WOULD be hilarious if you could just gently caress off to nan territory during Hu Lao gate or whatever

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

drat, that Nobunaga's Ambition Edition that policenaut was talking about isn't on sale

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm not super upset, I don't think Lingqi had the personality to match the ludicrous hellblade, a blank cypher like Link is more fitting

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm surprised Yue Ying didn't end up in the bottom half, but not displeased. Also how bad do you have to be to lose to Liu Shan lmao

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

markgreyam posted:

I just would have preferred if they'd done a search and replace on Husband/Wife in the text.

That's intentional actually

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

She's got big cans and has a personality weebs love

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Doing everything perfectly in DW4 to stop the fire attack at Chi Bi, I miss stuff like that being possible

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Is this the first time Hua Xiong has been playable or at least unique?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I am slow.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

"Oof, this looks pretty rough, I'll just hold out for if there's an empires version" - A lunatic but also me

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Orochi is the last of the "battlefield control" warriors games and I pray it continues

Edit: I can't wait to see what new character chumps lu bu to prove their badassery

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Man, the music in Hyrule Warriors is so good, why are all the tracks in FE warriors so bland

edit: From googling I think it's because fire emblem music is pretty bad overall, so they were hamstrung from the beginning

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 16, 2018

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I think thats a trial

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I think I remember Pang Tong dying by cutscene on a certain map in DW4, I wonder if you are playing as him on that map, you just take a big hit?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Oppression + Yellow Storm + Jump Into The Battlefield babyyyyy

Eve + Struggle for Existence

edit: Started listening to The Seventh Hardship and I'm getting gaming ptsd

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 11, 2020

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The music is pretty bad so far in AoC, especially compared to HW1. Like bad in the inoffensive and bland sense, which is more noticeable since the first game had some distinctive bangers. The story is better structured and the character movesets and progression are better, but the battlefields themselves are more linear beat-downs. The annoying fights are less annoying than 1. It's a good game but I think the first is better all said and done, at least for what I'm looking for in a musou

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

He eats it in 4, or more accurately at least makes the motion of it

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Mitsuhide will be getting story attention he hasn't recieved since SW2 and I am here for it

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Playing a bit of the newest RTK+ expansions release, the relatively hands off simultaneous turns are interesting. Some stuff is a little weird and tedious though (I always need more officers, do I have to manually assign someone to search every single turn?)

There is a looooooot of stuff you can do to fine tune it, from just adding your own officers to building your own events and customizing start postions/sizes and game rules. At any point you can take your campaign to edit mode and make changes as well, or just set it to AI mode.

I enjoy it on the switch handheld for the novelty but I'd say the UI is a bit clunky and PC would be a better experience

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Oh, the brought back the Other side to SW5, thats a weird thing I always really enjoyed

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I come forth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Had a dream I was playing Dynasty Warriors 2 Remastered