Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
My favorite part of the lovely DW9 voice acting is how inconsistent it is at pronouncing things. I'm pretty sure you hear both Cao Cao and Cow Cow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

HenryEx posted:

English

: "Can anybody provide me with a decent challenge?!"

I have driven at least two roommates crazy with this voice clip.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
E: ^^^^^ Grats!

Lu Bu's weapon switch turns him into real Lu Bu for a couple of seconds which is usually enough time to shred anything around him on any difficulty. I used him for grinding out crystals in DW8XL on Ultimate. That said there are better options if you want someone who is mobile or can clear out more than just the area around him.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
One of the cool things about 7XL is that you get to do Fan Castle from DW3 and every character has their own line about having to kill Guan Yu (except Lu Meng who already has a line at that point in the stage).

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I pretty much have to run DW9 at minimum settings to prevent it from turning into a slideshow in combat. It makes it feel like I'm playing DW3 all over again.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Wang Yi is definitely my favorite but I feel like we're all glossing over how badass Zhurong is.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
It bums me out that KT has stopped churning out Warriors titles but god drat if I don't still have poo poo to do in every game since WO3. I really miss DW Gundam though. :(

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Zheng Liao has Liu Bei’s voice in 8XL and that’s a solid point against it imo.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

TheTofuShop posted:

Didnt see it mentioned last page, but if you ever wanted to get in on a Warriors game, there's two days left on a big KoeiTecmo sale right now on Steam.

Sadly no discount on the DOA season pass.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I will burn you all in the flames of my people.

VVVVV Except for this dude VVVVV

Jibo fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 26, 2019

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
^^^ :same:

Policenaut posted:

I still want a Final Fantasy musou. The amount of stuff you could work with for a game like that would be unreal.

What, Dragon Quest Heroes isn't good enough for you?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Nintendo Orochi

Crossover Zelda and FE Warriors, throw in Mario and Samus and whoever else as characters as well.

This would be awesome and I want it but I don't know if Nintendo is cool enough to allow it.

Also, just as a reminder to people who may have forgot or didn't know this existed, this exists:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Guess it's time to get caught up on One Piece now. Fingers crossed for playable Kaku.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
My problem with the Japanese voice acting is that it fucks up the audio cues. I pick up on them eventually but time spent diverting focus from the slaughter is just less fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Zore posted:

Oh hey looks like they updated Jinbei's moveset so it isn't as absolutely rear end as it is in PW3 :v:

Literally my first takeaway from the trailer.