Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Use growth points to level up dudes you will never use?

Where is a good place to import Sengoku Basara HD collection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Stelas posted:

You could definitely get extremely good level 1 stats, not to mention a significant speed bump.

You could also get bonuses through events at the school, like beating Magoichi in a duel to get a rifle instead of a bow.

You could even join a clan by passing their trials.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Bloodly posted:

One day we will have LOTR meets Dynasty Warriors. Part of you knows this, part of you wants this.

We did. Or it was at least LOTR meets Star Wars Battlefront.

Lord of the Rings: Conquest.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You're probably better off just waiting for 7:Empires.

To put it very simply (Policenaut will probably come in and explain things in depth for 7:Empires): Empires is basically a strategy boardgame, like Risk, except you play Dynasty Warriors to determine the outcome of battles.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Japanese 360 marketshare and non-Japanese sales figures.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lu Bu meeting Domon and Master Asia. :allears:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

I always wonder why it has to be video games. I mean has anyone looked at the TV shows he watched? "The killer listed liking Lost for the first six seasons. Clearly his utter dissatisfaction with the seventh season led to his murder spree. We should ban any and all TV shows with any element of mystery."

It travels through media forms. It's been rock music, D&D, television in general, comic books, and video games.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Selane posted:

That's what I did, you won't be 'lost' because the story makes no sense anyway.

Yea, you'd only be lost on character backstories.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

5er posted:

'Stealth' is the last game mechanic a musou game should ever try to indulge in. Where they shine for me (and I suspect I'm not alone) are with missions that are like the highest difficulty ones available in DW7's conquest mode- maps with 3 to 5000 grunts and every loving general in the game gunning for you.

That mission where it's you against everybody else in the entire game and then Lu Bu shows up at the end :allears:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I never played 6, only 6: Empires. But that sounds like a team of people! The DW7 mission is you completely alone.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The first Samurai Warriors had it, too. Don't know why they took it out, though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Azran posted:

:raise: Really? I kind of remember being able to raise my own sub-officer, who would accompany my main dude through the game, but nothing else. (Or was that a Dynasty Warriors? It's been a while)

Character creation was a full game mode, even. You made your guy or gal, then ran through a full training school to determine their stats. The better you did in each course, the higher that course's stat would increase. There were events, hidden events, main character cameos (Magoichi challenging you to a duel if your Ranged skill was high enough, rewarding you with a rifle instead of a bow for that character), and it ended with you taking a trial to join a specific clan (clans each had different requirements, too, and the trials were harder versions of training courses).

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Xingcai gets a cleavage window :sigh:

Still better than her DW6 costume.

It's not like she has a hole in her shirt. It's a short cloak with pauldrons over her top. Without the cloak, it's just a relatively low-cut top. I mean, we're not looking at Powergirl (or Lian Shi, for that matter), here.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Only some games. It's like how PS3 games can use the XMB menu for save files. Something that's available if a developer decides to use it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Is character female: Y/N

e: VVV Yes, it is real. Koei has a lot of cross-promotions in Japan.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Koei Tecmo is confirmed as a PlayStation 4 partner, so uh get ready for DW9 on PS4 I guess.

Atlus and Platinum? Aw yeah :fap:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Obviously Yuan Shao is just tricking Sun Jian! Keep your enemies closer, and all that.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I think those options only determine whether you download the actual CAW you encounter, instead of it just showing up. That's what the Create Guest Officer menu is for.

e: Manual

quote:

Download Data - Download created characters and teams.
Upload Data - Upload characters and teams you have created.
Import Data - Save the data for created characters and teams.
Export Data - Export the data for created characters and teams. Exported data can be uploaded online.
Create Team - Form a team of up to 5 created characters. Created teams can appear as kingdoms within the Empire Mode scenario, "A Gathering of Heroes."
Leaderboards - Compete online against other players on total K.O.s within the Empire Mode.
Online Play - Play a game online P.9 with another player.
Store - Connect to PlayStation®Store and purchase downloadable content.
Create Guest Officer - Extract created character data from your Empire Mode save data and save it.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 28, 2013

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Downloading guarantees that that officer/team will be added to the pool of things that can show up in Empires mode (like your own created teams and CAWs). Otherwise it pulls down random online officers/teams for each playthrough. And then you can extract the data from your Empire mode save or directly after dwnloading them to add them to your own CAW menu.

The download menu shows a big list of uploaded CAWs that match set criteria, showing their PSN user name as well, and even lets you see how the character looks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Someone uploaded Santa Chan, a female CAW with the Hunt Princess clothes and a poofball hat, all in red and white. :3:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Static Rook posted:

The endgame, with only two big kingdoms left, is kinda slow so hopefully some of the harder scenarios keep more of the smaller kingdoms around longer. I know it's the same maps all the time, but I like the craziness of it.

I did Yellow Turban scenario, and the last few kingdoms stuck around for a while. I joined Ou Xing, and while we were taking the south, Ma Teng, Dong Zhuo, Yuan Shao, and Sun Jian kept invading each other until we took out Sun Jian. Dong Zhuo kept forging alliances with Ma Teng and Yuan Shao, and then immediately invading them.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

My CAW is probably going to be a massive rear end in a top hat online. I like rushing behind the front lines, taking a base, then dropping catapults in it.

Belzac posted:

Fantasy Castle Set ($3.99) – A new scenario ‘Fantasy Battle’, will be added to Empire Mode.

This scenario has the elf lady from the homepage and a DWARF.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Tithin Melias posted:

So if I want to get into Dynasty warriors 7 for the PS3, should I get XL, or wait for empires? Gameplay wise are they similar or are they different styles of games?

Consider the base 7, instead of XL on its own. The in-battle gameplay is largely the same between 7, XL, and Empires.

7 for the storylines and Conquest mode (basically challenge stages). XL for the extras it added, but it requires the base game for story mode and Conquest mode. Empires for the character creation and strategy gameplay.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Thievery posted:

Sun Quan, in both design and playstyle and personality has always been the worst member of Wu. He's barely even Shu-Tier :(

In my current Empires playthrough (Dong Zhuo scenario), Sun Quan isn't even a part of Sun Jian's kingdom. He's been a consistent enemy in the southeast. :psyduck:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Man, 37 is way too young to go.

5er posted:

Had some time to get into DW7:E. I learned real quick why everyone hates Lockup. Not only do your dispshit generals enjoy firing it off to trap you, they also seem intent on sabotaging base defense. There was one point last night where I was on my way to recover a base that was about to fall, I was passing through one of those chokepoint fortresses, my goddamn 'strategic advisor' Zhang Liao sets off Lockup to trap me in the base, and the base I was trying to save resulted in allied generals trapped outside it, and the enemy generals within. From rescue to recapture, thanks Zhangy.

My NPC buddies use Lockup in more creative ways. Like locking enemy officers in a base with me. :getin:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

All you need to know about WO3 is that the SW and DW characters have different playstyles (Musou mechanics being the biggest difference). If you want to know about the previous WO games' storylines, there's an encyclopedia menu.

Just bask in the timeline shenanigans while murdering millions of dudes.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wait, there's an encyclopedia in WO3? I thought there wasn't.

Oh, it's a menu just for the Orochi recap. My mistake.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

I was wondering this too, like how do you get to be Emperor, etc.

GameFAQs says you need 6 Affluent fame as Ruler, then there will be an option to claim the Imperial Seal or do something with it. After doing that, you get the option to declare yourself Emperor.

Getting Orderly to 6 apparently lets you take the Emperor into custody/protection.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Good news, I guess. He has a spiked/bladed shield from 7:Empires onward.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Vakal posted:

Kingdom Under Fire 2 sounds like what you are looking for, but who knows when it is going to be released.

Seriously. If there wasn't actual gameplay footage on the main site, it would be obvious vaporware.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was really concerned until I noticed you said "Capcom USA".

Yea, thank Sony for making the PS3 (and Vita and PS4) region-free.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Eigo posted:

I'd be happy enough if just the item details and objectives were in English in the JP version, but that's probably asking a bit much for the few that would. Wasn't Demon Souls in full English for some of the eastern releases? I don't remember if the JP version had full English, or if it was another region there.

Yes, the non-Japanese Asian release of Demon's Souls was fully English, right down to voice acting.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

5er posted:

There's a dilemma. I think you could use the wing blade or trishula moveset, but there aren't genuine cesta / fistblade weapons in there. He's missing a reasonable mesh.

Zhang He?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Wrestler lookin dude

That "wrestler looking dude" is the great Lord Hideyoshi Toyotomi! You will show him the proper deference, or be cut down where you stand!

But seriously, Hideyoshi is awesome, and him and Hanbei coming back for 4 is awesome. You should watch the Sengoku Basara anime, too.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

ShadowMosesNative posted:

So where is the best place for the translated version of The Ravages of Time?

It's up on Kissmanga.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Sengoku Basara's anime was full of BURNING SPIRIT and was silly and amazing. I hope SW4's anime will be as entertaining.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lunethex posted:

I found this pretty :3: picture of Lu Bu and crew struggling with fatherhood.

Ugggh, I want 8withXL and a PS4 so much now. Father-Daughter Wartime Roadtrip: The Game.

We still don't have an English release date, do we?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Looks like I'm gonna be spending at least $460 come Spring. :toot:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

What does any of that even mean? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Decision reinforced. This reminds me of the quality jump between 6 and 7, but it also comes with massive framerate improvements.