Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Definitely enjoying what I've played of Conquest mode so far. Can I unlock all the characters by playing it, or do I still need to go through story mode for the Nth time?

I think you can unlock every character, but it's been a while since I played.

Also I recommend playing the Story Mode in DW7 because unlike the prior versions there is one campaign per Kingdom, and it's probably the closest the series gets to telling what actually happened during this time period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

NameHurtBrain posted:

Basically WO3 applied DW7 DLC weapons in that were already out at the time. With new versions they didn't retroactively add DLC in the mean time, so Huang Gai didn't get the DLC canoe, or Zhurong the Boomerang. But Pang De got the Beatstick and Dong Zhuo got bombs, cause they were in the first round of releases.

They were added haphazardly too, at least in the original release. Dong Zhuo has the same musuo animation, and although his weapon is bombs in WO3, the last second of the animation is him returning to a club holding stance.

Though for some reason Zhao Yun, Guan Yu and Xiahou Dun have their 7E weapons so :shrug:

Since we're already getting Dragon Quest Heroes I wonder if S-E would make a Musou-like game using the Final Fantasy characters. After all didn't Dynasty Warriors start as a fighting game?

EDIT: A Game of Thrones-Warriors game could do real well.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 28, 2015

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Any details on when/if it's coming to us poor gaijins?

In my experience playing SW2 Empires I find the Japan map to be uninteresting strategically (in comparison to the China map). It's pretty trivial to set up a single advancing front of two super armies and never worry about a front unexpectedly opening up. Of course with a lot of single-player strategy games it's not hard to hit a point where your critical mass makes victory a foregone conclusion, but in SW2 Empires its' not even an illusion of meaningful opposition.

But that's just me :spergin:, I'll definitely be picking this up if it comes west.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Belzac posted:

I have absolutely no interest in Dragon Quest Heroes but I'm going to buy it and all the DLC just so there's a slim possibility they'll make a Final Fantasy Warriors in the future.

Well Dynasty Warriors started out as a one-on-one fighting game, and Dissidia is a thing, soooo......

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Takoluka posted:

Which sucks, because the same stage in WO2 is awesome. The Dream Mode mission with it is one of the best ones in the series.

What battle is that again?

Also, SW4's dashing is sorely missed in every other game, and I wish there were a PC version of it.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Takoluka posted:

You play as Zhao Yun, Yukimura Sanada, and Yoshihiro Shimazu. You basically circle up to save Liu Bei, and when you get back to the bottom, Lu Bu and Tadakatsu Honda are waiting for you together. On Chaos, it is one of the most fun fights in the Orochi games.

Oh yeah, I remember that one.

The WO2 dream missions were really well made, which almost makes up for how much of a pain they were to unlock.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

5er posted:

I'm still an adult child giggling at "Arseland'

I hold you in high esteem.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mokinokaro posted:

And iirc EA has exclusive rights to make Star Wars games.

Well the right is to publish them-EA could consume KT and add it to their skull fortress make a deal for Koei to develop a Star Wars game.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

EDIT: Disregard, I'm more retarded than a dropkicked baby.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 4, 2015

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Yeah, was coming to edit that :sweatdrop:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Tae posted:

OH MY loving GOD

edit:

Neato!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

This is better than when Riker got a beard :swoon:

I'm listing to Sports Radio and they're talking about Tecmo Bowl, and I got the dumb idea that TK needs to put Bo Jackson in the next Orochi game.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Policenaut posted:

He might not be that interesting now but hey maybe giving him a full game devoted to him will give him some quirks or something to flesh him out.

And ha ha ha we can't even get Koei to put Jin in RoTK games, I can't imagine how long it'll take for Korean invasions.

I imagine it would be very difficult for a Japanese game company to do any portrayal of Japanese-Korean conflict and have it not construed as being super offensive.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My Liu Bei avatar was an unfortunate casualty of this year's GenCon :china:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Has TK at least fixed the the issue with ports where if you're using an Xbox One controller it spins around constantly?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Srice posted:

I haven't played it yet but I'm hearing that like the One Piece Warriors 3 port, if you're using it then you might run into the bug where it will assume that you have right trigger pressed down at all times.

Yep, that's the one :(

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

A week ago, but:

Policenaut posted:

I demand Bo Jackson.

Also fix the loving controller

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I wonder if they could get a Tecmo Bowl player?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

PureRok posted:

Supposedly Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada releases on PC today. The page on the store doesn't indicate, but apparently that's what Koei has said. I prepurchased it so we'll see whether it unlocks later today or not.

How is the controller? I tried playing SW 4-2 again but was immediately put off by the game pad being complete balls.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Are there plans to put SW4 Empires on PC?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Billzasilver posted:

https://youtu.be/NBMYRyYJKr4

:black101::black101::black101::black101::black101::black101:

Total War is doing a three kingdoms game. For those who don’t know about their recent titles, Rome 2 was awful, but Shogun 2 and Warhammer were both really good. I’m very optimistic.

You know someone is going to mod in all of the joke costumes from DW.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

For those that want to learn more about Total War, I recommend staying off the official forums. It's full of unpleasable grogs that make the Paradox forums look open minded. Just reading a few of the reactions to TW: Three Kingdoms had me thinking "I want CA to make a Xiao Sisters dlc simply to spite you fuckheads"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

This is what I miss more than anything in the DW series these days. Play as some guy or gal that could be historically some 40+ years either way from the date of the battle, but they still get lines in all the relevant cutscenes. Lu Bu present for Jin's assault on Chengdu? Xingcai at Hulao Gate? If it was anything like DW3 then they'd have something (dumb) to say in any scene triggered by the player, and it was always a joy to see how this poo poo would (not) match the pre-set lines.

Of course my favourite is Lu Bu at Chang Ban, Wei side. Cao Cao arrives and Lu Bu just blathers out "I HAVE BEEN WAITING! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT SCUM!"

Mate, that's your commander. Rein it in a bit before you open your drat yap.

The closest I've seen is in DW7 in one of the conquest missions. You're fighting with Wu against Jon and Sun Ce asks "Who are these guys?"