Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Policenaut posted:

At least a new generation means that we can all start over again in more ways than one. Like the Xbox 360 people here should really, really think about transitioning to PS4. It hurt seeing all those Warriors fans on here and other sites being told to screw off by TK.

Already planning on it. I actually forgot to take this series into consideration for next gen.

So jazzed for DWG4. I'm still behind on releases, haven't played a DW since 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Policenaut posted:

So... JoJo Musou might be A Thing. Tecmo Koei just tweeted this tease about something happening next week, then said sorry we've just been really tense about it!

┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨

:gizz: Would buy so fast

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Is Bleach: Soul Resurrección any good? Looks kinda basic for a Mosou-style game, but I do love me some Bleach.

Yeah it's a decent game. Fair character selection, but the stages are kinda bland. Similar skill point unlock thing like DW7. It's the Hueco Mundo arc, so you get to play as a bunch of those dudes.

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 12, 2013

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Funny enough I was OK maxing out bonds with everyone in DW7, but gave up unlocking everyone's skills :iiam:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Mr. Locke posted:

Oddly enough, I noticed problems with my Razer Onza 360 controller (most notably issues while riding a horse or trying to run in anything besides a straight line) but I switched to a X-Box One controller when the drivers hit and I've had zero issues at all with those.

One of the many issues with those controllers. I've had the sticks go crooked and triggers just stop working, which sucks, because it's an awesome controller.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
SMT Musou would be cool. Could have dudes with personas and dudes with different magatamas and stuff. At least there'd be a good variety of fodder enemies.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

DaveCG posted:

Naruto Warriors. Great, now I feel dirty.

I wonder if this didn't happen because of the Bleach one that Wasn't Very Good.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
DW8XLCE is $16.99 on Steam RIGHT NOW!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Jibo posted:

I don't think this was posted. New One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sudEOMFyuk

Note the available platforms on the end title card.

Hahahaha Xbox never getting any Musou games ever again.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Jibo posted:

If you didn't figure this out like 2 years ago then I don't know what to tell you.

Just get it for Steam and use your 360 controllers.

No I know, it's just funny. Never touched the One Piece ones (couldn't get into the manga).

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Fumaofthelake posted:

Berserk Musou would have an even shittier frame rate than regular Musou from all the blood and horse brains.

And demon penises, don't forget those!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Sindai posted:

I'm crossing my fingers for the Joy of Musou.

Fan brush, best brush.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I picked up OPW2 for that price. I'm already stuck on the second mission; I get Nami to the southeast fort after the confusion thing, but nothing happens. I've tried defeating everyone or just running there and I can't advance the stage.

E: nvm gotta love finicky triggers.

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 4, 2016

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah it was fun for $5. I got the True Ending and did all the crew missions, but at that point I pretty much had my fill.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Got SW4-II on sale. It's fun, haven't played a stand alone SW in quite a long time.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
So what's the farming map for tomes in SW4-2? Leveling characters is fine with the exp skill (and having gold is also a non issue), but I never have enough tomes.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
That trailer inspires confidence.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I hope we get a gameplay trailer sometime. I expect huge swathes of blood and flying limbs/penises

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Achernar posted:

So did the Berserk author ever get over his crippling Idolmaster addiction? Did they ever get to Elf Island?

Yes, followed by immediate hiatus (I think a chapter comes out this month?)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Jack Trades posted:

Does anyone know what's the best way to grind skill books in SW4-2?

The survival tower mode thing.

I've never played any of the "Empires" versions of the games in all my years of enjoying the franchise.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I was going to pick up WO3 because it finally went down in price, but maybe I'll just wait for 4 now?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
e:wrong thread.

I do need to pick up WO3U sometime.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is finally on sale, so I bought it :getin:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah I tried the trial version on Steam and I don't think I'll buy it even though it's like $20 on PS4.

In other Musou playing, the survival duel mode in WO3U is making me mad at video games. I know how to cheese it with the Hundun card and Lu Bu's C3, but I can't get those 97(?) wins. I've hit 70, then 79.

e: finally got it, Himiko triangle attack is very good at keep-away as well. Threw in the gold Susano'o card too for the extra chance to kill the enemy.

Got all the Mystic Weapons today too, that Dungeon DLC pack is worth the $6 if you want to plat the game.

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 28, 2019

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
In the final stretch of platting WO3U, just have a couple minor trophies and the complete all gauntlet requests.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Maybe I'll get the platinum is 3U before that comes out

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Dynasty Warriors 9 Complete Edition coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv78w5z9pGA

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The demo gives you a bit to play around with. I don't know about endgame but I didn't really care for what I played. I totally expect a return to form when 10 comes out.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Every time I fire up WO3U to try to get the rest of the Gauntlet Mode requests done I don't get much done. I wish it just tracked them all at once.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
From the PlayStation Trophies forum guide

quote:

Best weapon elements:

Below is gonna be your go-to element set. Brilliance with the Ice is going lock down enemy officers, while Might , Courage and Slay is shreds them.

Gold elements, especially the rarest of the rarest like Tri-Element and Brilliance are hard to come by (pandemonium stages) so put them on only your favorite characters.

Absorption
Slay / Windslay
Ice / Flame / Bolt (Tri-Element)
Brilliance
Might
Courage

Other Useful Elements:

Aggression or Bastion - These can be quite good if you consistently keep getting 300 hits over and over.
Revival - Really not 100% necessary
Surge
Meteor
Wind
Destruction
Agility
Divinity
Echo
Osmosis
Harvest

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I don't know where I read it but it isn't very musou-y apparently.

What I'm liking about WO4U so far is that not many levels have that terrible fog on them.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Hot tip for WO4U, play and level Magoichi Saika as soon as you get him. You can just spam basic charge attack combo on everything.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Are any of the scenario packs for WO4 useful for grinding like in WO3U?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Kinda mad at how much easier the platinum is for WO4 than it is for 3U...fuckin' requests.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Haven’t had a lot of issues with the PS4 version, might get some slow down every now and then using magic.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I dunno, some of those troop requests in Gauntlet Mode are tedious as hell.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
My main gripe with WO3 is if you want the platinum because those troop requests are horribly grindy, pretty good otherwise.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It feels worse than when I got it for WO2. I don't know what I have left to do in WO4, put it down a long time ago.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I have around 25 troop requests left for the platinum for WO3U….so close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

free at last, free at last!