Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

mune posted:

Thanks guys! As I'm looking to play it on my TV, I'm just looking for PS4 games - is SW4-2 any good or should I just get DQH?

You could always go with Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. It's got a ton of content, and the story of the previous games is easily explained in a few paragraphs in the gallery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

The White Dragon posted:

I don't doubt it would make money, but I'm not sure if making a game where you play as Freddy or Jason killing a ton of unarmed teenagers trying to run away from you would be good for the company's image. Though I find the idea of invincible, down-to-earth white girl enemy generals intriguing.

Whoa my bad I should have clarified that the enemies would have to be zombies or something. Straight up slasher Musuo would be too close to Hatred.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Broseph Brostar posted:

Literally any IP can fit into the warriors formula

One Punch Warriors.

Do NOT pursue Saitama.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
If we're going to do World History Warriors I feel like starting at the American Revolution would be a bad op. I'd say go whole hog.

Charlemagne Warriors. Germanic tribes unifying a whole region, dismantling primitive France and establishing Real France instead, boning everybody.

You could have about 20 playable characters with "heroes" and "villains" and it ends with the perfect springboard for the rest of it. War of the Roses Warriors, 100-Years-War Warriors, the First Crusade....

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

NFL Warriors

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Takoluka posted:

You could always go with Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. It's got a ton of content, and the story of the previous games is easily explained in a few paragraphs in the gallery.

Seconding WO3U for PS4 if it is the one musou game you're going to buy.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Transformers Warriors please...as long as it eventually results in a massive, 100+ character crossover called Hasbro Warriors.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Brony Hunter posted:

Transformers Warriors please...as long as it eventually results in a massive, 100+ character crossover called Hasbro Warriors.

It's either Transformers, He-Man, G.I. Joe, or TNMT. I'm tellin' ya. Tellin' ya!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
You know it's going to be something really lame like the League of Legends warriors someone mentioned

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Bring back Mystic Heroes

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Raserys posted:

You know it's going to be something really lame like the League of Legends warriors someone mentioned

That or Minecraft Warriors. Those are the biggest western gaming brands right now, right?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Takoluka posted:

NFL Warriors

"we shall be drafted, in the same month, in the same day, in the same hour"
-cooper manning

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Suaimhneas posted:

That or Minecraft Warriors. Those are the biggest western gaming brands right now, right?
Well going by twitch numbers:

1) League of Legends
2) Blizzard games
3) Counter Strike
4) Bob Ross http://www.twitch.tv/bobross

I'm crossing my fingers for the Joy of Musou.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

mune posted:

I don't watch anime or know anything about that show, unfortunately, so it'll probably be a pass for me. I appreciate the suggestion though!

edit: Looks like it's between DQH and SW4-2 for me.

Pirate Warriors 3 is legit the best Musou game. I know little about One Piece or anime in general and I'm having a blast with Pirate Warriors 3. It's not quite as content-rich as WO3/Hyrule but it's got a ton to do, a lot of really diverse character to play as, and some of the best fighting mechanics and story missions. The only thing I can't vouch for is how well it treats the actual One Piece IP.

I like it quite a bit better then DW Heroes, and I am a fan of the DQ games. If you really don't like the anime aesthetic, my backing is behind SW-2

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Broseph Brostar posted:

Literally any IP can fit into the warriors formula
I can't wait for Farmville Warriors

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

CrashCat posted:

I can't wait for Farmville Warriors

...I don't know why, but this post made me think of You Don't Know Jack Warriors.

There's been quiz segments in Warriors games before, it could work. Somehow.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Takoluka posted:

NFL Warriors

Michael Vick's weapon is dogs. Just smashing enemies with rottweilers & poo poo.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Mr. Locke posted:

The only thing I can't vouch for is how well it treats the actual One Piece IP.
Pretty well, actually. There are a few things I was surprised they skipped, and if you don't follow the story elsewhere you'll probably wonder why the hell something or other happened, but it works well overall.

It's a game where magical pirates battle. Unsurprisingly, this makes for a fun game.

On the topic of new Warriors games, I'd like a Monster Mash Warriors. Wolf man fights a Frankenstein, battling with dancing skeletons.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Calling it now, though. It's going to be Star Wars.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
If they make a Western Warriors game, it could be Star Wars, but I'm thinking it could just as likely be Marvel Warriors, or some other Comic Book IP

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

BenRGamer posted:

If they make a Western Warriors game, it could be Star Wars, but I'm thinking it could just as likely be Marvel Warriors, or some other Comic Book IP

This would be cool.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Keep in mind that a lot of big IPs like Star Wars and Marvel are licensed out to other companies.

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Sindai posted:

Well going by twitch numbers:

1) League of Legends

Musou Legends. Build a basic musou engine into LoL, maintain basic premises of both games (i.e. caitlin has gun combos, and her ulti is now her Musou Special.).

Add Lu Bu as a new League Champ.

Make him a trap tank.

Listen to League Shoutcasters scream "DO NOT PURSUE LU BU!"

:allears:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Borderlands Warriors, with playable Tiny Tina.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Sindai posted:

I'm crossing my fingers for the Joy of Musou.

Fan brush, best brush.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Son Ryo posted:

...I don't know why, but this post made me think of You Don't Know Jack Warriors.

There's been quiz segments in Warriors games before, it could work. Somehow.
Cookie vs Schmitty will be the bloodiest of all battles. There will a gruesome carnage of broken buzzers and screws, every remaining building covered in gibberish questions. Then they will play a commercial and do it again.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Zest posted:

Musou Legends. Build a basic musou engine into LoL, maintain basic premises of both games (i.e. caitlin has gun combos, and her ulti is now her Musou Special.).

Make him a trap tank.

Listen to League Shoutcasters scream "DO NOT PURSUE LU BU!"

And my thoughts jump back to a certain Dynasty Warriors 4 mechanic. Everyone had a taunt that would stun those at point-blank range.

Lu Bu's not only had a little actual range, but guard-breaking properties as well. As if his throws weren't enough...

"Why even try?"

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 3, 2015

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Wow. A few hours with SW4 and all of the sudden my CAW is max level and manhandles pretty much everything in the game I've seen so far. I bumped it up to hard (and am considering putting it on Nightmare) but if it's really this shallow I'll probably take it back.

Really weird because I don't remember the other games being like this one.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

You could do a pretty cool Warriors game with the King Arthur legends/matter of britain/matter of france.

Sir Balin is your two swords guy

The Fisher King is there and literally uses a fishing pole for a weapon, can maybe do a thorns aura type thing or otherwise turn his own wounds against people around him

Go full pagan druid with Merlin and have him shapeshift momentarily as his power attacks, basic weapon is a wand/club/fetish looking thing

You might think Arthur himself would be the very safe, archetypal knight character, but you can actually go full Musou on him. Now he's one of the little kid characters and isn't king yet, but is kind of a cocky poo poo who knows he's destined to be great anyway. He wields the sword in the stone, but since he's not the king yet it's still stuck the stone. He has to use it like a club that's too heavy for him and try to bash people with the rock on one end.

The Green Knight is your Lu Bu type. He dual wields a big glowing axe in one hand and his own severed head in the other, tossing it around the field.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

BenRGamer posted:

This would own. Venom could basically be the dude from Prototype but running around a battle with 10000s of Hydra goons and not giving a gently caress

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Mover posted:

You could do a pretty cool Warriors game with the King Arthur legends/matter of britain/matter of france.

Sir Balin is your two swords guy

The Fisher King is there and literally uses a fishing pole for a weapon, can maybe do a thorns aura type thing or otherwise turn his own wounds against people around him

Go full pagan druid with Merlin and have him shapeshift momentarily as his power attacks, basic weapon is a wand/club/fetish looking thing

You might think Arthur himself would be the very safe, archetypal knight character, but you can actually go full Musou on him. Now he's one of the little kid characters and isn't king yet, but is kind of a cocky poo poo who knows he's destined to be great anyway. He wields the sword in the stone, but since he's not the king yet it's still stuck the stone. He has to use it like a club that's too heavy for him and try to bash people with the rock on one end.

The Green Knight is your Lu Bu type. He dual wields a big glowing axe in one hand and his own severed head in the other, tossing it around the field.

This would work great, and I wouldn't mind a few other myth/folklore figures showing up. Have an Oberon or Titania appearance, include fairies to bolster enemies, Morgana le Fey could team up with Grendel's Mother while Beowulf reluctantly agrees to join your army after you beat him up a bit

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This would work great, and I wouldn't mind a few other myth/folklore figures showing up. Have an Oberon or Titania appearance, include fairies to bolster enemies, Morgana le Fey could team up with Grendel's Mother while Beowulf reluctantly agrees to join your army after you beat him up a bit

Musoulogy?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Cuchulainn is the equivalent of Meng Huo.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Raserys posted:

Cuchulainn is the equivalent of Meng Huo.

Oh man yeah he's nearly an x Warriors character already. Strongly animal themed (dog), huge spike-covered spear that he throws with his feet, badass warrior princess girlfriend, the whole works.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zest posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6MC_NRmDdE
it's been done

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
You know which franchise is being thrown at literally everyone who asks for it right now? Warhammer.

I would play the gently caress out of Warhammer Warriors.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Theswarms posted:

You know which franchise is being thrown at literally everyone who asks for it right now? Warhammer.

You think the DLC gouging is bad now?!? Just wait, marine.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

That would be sweet, especially since the next Kingdom Under Fire is never going to come out no matter what they say

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Theswarms posted:

...would a musou version of Space Marines be any different than normal Space Marines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Space marines? I want fantasy Warhammer, Vermintide has been proving that rat people make everything better.