Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Are there any recent warrior clones I have missed? I've played Fate Extella, haven't got around to importing Gintama Rumble yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reive
May 21, 2009

Azran posted:

I'm legit impressed about the number of improvements they've made to the game since release, given its catastrophic launch. They moved road bases around so you wouldn't get stuck THAT often (it used to happen every single time, now it's just uncommon) while auto-riding and they had a really sad Wei-Wu naval battle in one of the chapters halfway through the store, which was just a bunch of barges with people on top. They changed it so that there are ACTUAL WARSHIPS now and it wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes.

Is it worth playing now? Does it still run like grabage?

Reive
May 21, 2009

I love the presentation and style of Spirit of Sanada, there's some downtime between battles but to me that part is enjoyable too.
Plus I think Masayuki might be my fav SW character now, too bad he wasn't in WO4.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Morter posted:

How does the effects/quality of Fire Emblem Warriors on the Switch compare to Hyrule Warriors: AoC? I do plan on beating the latter, but part of me misses what I played of FE:W on the 3DS of all things, and now that I've recently acquired a switch and a TV, I might want to enjoy its full fidelity.

AoC is much denser in environmental detail and visual effects, FE:W however runs amazingly well, most consistent musou I've played.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Pyronic posted:

What's the most recent/best Samurai Warriors experience, none of that Orochi poo poo. Want to brush up on my Sengoku Jidai.

Wikipedia mentions like 4 different versions of Samurai Warriors 4 but I dont really care about the Simulation aspect, I just want Maximum characters/Maximum Story Campaigns.

4 base has the most story campaigns, 4-II has individual character campaigns but much less content overall, Spirits of Sanada is ALL about Sanada, it is the most story heavy but it's all one faction. I dunno what the 4th version your talking about is, maybe Deluxe? that's just 4 with all the DLC.

Reive
May 21, 2009

I would also like to know, I tried SW4 Empires before and decidedly didn't like it but I've also heard later that is one of the worst empire games so Idk, I really like DW8XL and want to see what the strategy elements are like

Reive
May 21, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Speaking of musou anime spinoffs, is the Berserk musou game a good introduction to that universe for someone who's never read the manga or watched the anime, or is it better to skip it? Berserk has been in the news lately since the creator died and I'm just now noticing how cool it looks, and I picked up the game in a steam sale at some point, I'm wondering if it does a good job with the story and characters or if I should really just not bother and track down the manga instead (there just seems to be so much of it, is all)

Honestly it does a better job than the 2016 anime does at covering the same story, both the game and that version of the show end around the point (neither cover all the manga that was out at that point), it's not a bad way to get into it and then check out the manga when you get the chance.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Nobunaga himself is a bit slow the other character's feel great, I think Nobu will probably feel better once you have more skills to use/have a higher combo.

Reive
May 21, 2009

for what it's worth it runs extremely well on ps5, performance mode is basically locked 60 and the quality mode is on par with the last couple of ps4 musous.

Reive
May 21, 2009

does DW9E have the exact same combat as 9 or is it tweaked a bit? I never played 9 but this demo feels pretty good even if I don't know what I'm doing since I cant read anything :v:

Reive
May 21, 2009

FE:W might be my single favorite musou game, so a new one is a big hell yes.

Reive
May 21, 2009

I looked up gameplay from the full japanese release and it gets more interesting than that demo, the demo is JUST a tutorial with no actual mission to try the mechanics out in unfortunately.
At least it runs decent on the switch.

Reive
May 21, 2009

It's a fate game that isn't a vn or gacha therefore I'm interested lol

Reive
May 21, 2009

That's sad extella might be my favorite non-musou musou, I dunno what your issue is with the controls I thought they were smoother and gave you more movement flexibility than actual musous, especially with that high speed dash. The game demands you use it to with how aggressive enemies are at taking over bases.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Fire emblem warriors 1 is probably my favorite non dynasty/samurai/orochi game, I just wish it were a bigger crossover and not mostly awakening/fates.

I don't have any interest in the pseudo sequels, like age of calamity or three hopes,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reive
May 21, 2009

Commander Keene posted:

I think they were hoping to do that with Warriors All-Stars, but then that game reportedly was not... good, so naturally the conclusion they drew from that was not "we should make a better all-stars game" but instead "nobody wants all-stars games, pack it up".

It sucks we'll likely never see the characters again either, they should just dump them all into the next orochi as guests like Ryu in 3