Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

^^ oh neat. I was just recently thinking about tracking down a copy because it sounds like a neat game. It's like Bladestorm right?

Sychopath posted:

I believe tooooo bad is talking about the initial officer selection, which is based off who you have unlocked through the campaign mode

Yeah that was it. I'd read that unlocking additional characters in Shosei mode was down to luck or something and wanted to start with someone I liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's the fourth stage of Wu that I'm having so much trouble with, the battle of...poo poo I don't know, I have only just started memorizing the pinyin for people's names, I have nfc about place names. 南郡 anyway. It might as well be a teleport dungeon for how easy it is to tell what parts of it are go-to-able from others. I've been wandering around of ten minutes now trying to find a way into the fort where the final boss is.

What, Chi Bi? Or do you mean the side stage you go to so that you can un-curse Sun Ce? Don't remember having any trouble finding the boss on that stage. Here's a video of it though. The same guy has uploaded videos with instructions for hitting the IF flags in every other stage too. Very helpful.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

No, it's another one, one with an upper and lower level made of intertwining catwalks and a special mission objective to travel across it a specific way without being spotted by specific enemies...but it's a big mass of red on the map so how am I supposed to know?

I'll watch the corresponding video to figure it out I guess, but not tonight. Too much DW today.

Not sure what you're talking about and I've done every single thing in Wu's story :psyduck: Maybe this one?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm finally into the if part of the Wu story in 8. Squealing fanfiction ahead! Sun Ce and Sun Jian and Zhao Yu are alive again they're gonna conquer all of China its gonna be just like in my japanese animes.

Instantly Wu is 100% cooler. :unsmith:

e: To be fair, having Lu Meng, Lu Su, Han Dang, and Huang Gai beating people to death with a goddamned boat they were pretty cool already. I like Wei a lot but when it comes to totes rad characters Wu is really running away with it.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 11, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Sima Yi's Japanese VA has died. Gonna miss that amazing evil laughter. :smith:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Probably saving it for after the next Samurai Warriors. You know, the one that's supposed to be coming out a year from now.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Richard Epcar posted:

I'm off to voice 'Dong Zhou' people!

https://twitter.com/RichardEpcar/status/311215186096820224

Richard Epcar has been the English voice of Dong Zhuo in every game since Dynasty Warriors 4. Whoops. :toot:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Charles Martel posted:

I was bored today and fired up Dynasty Warriors 3 on the original XBox. What a blast from the past.

Seeing as how DW7 is the current recommendation in the OP, I see GameStop has it for the 360 new for $25. Worth the price? Is any of the DLC worth it?

If you have a PS3 I'd recommend getting that version, just in case you like DW7 enough to want the PS3-exclusive Xtreme Legends expansion later. If not, it's still a great game on 360 and that's not a bad price for it.

e: no new 7E DLC this week? :(

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 13, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

You know, I don't often notice individual tracks of music from DW games, they all kind of run together in my head, but just Wang Yi's is pretty badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vStcfKl8EbU

Also she is bitter as gently caress in one of the Wu alternate stages, where she is up against all the Wu wives. She says to Liangshi something like "I hate that look on your face, it's the look of someone who still thinks she can protect the people she loves".

Too bad that track never shows up in DW8. At least it has My Bad Fellow from DW4. :frogc00l:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

DW8 is ridiculously low on things you can spend money on. I've maxed out my supply, at 999,999 gold. I don't think I've ever maxed out money in a game before, other than Zelda of course.

It's ridiculous. I maxed out my money after completing one story mode and have been sitting on it ever since. I guess the best use for it is buying levels in Shosei Mode but I haven't actually played that mode enough to unlock that option yet. :(

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

You can just buy levels?

Orochi 3 style yeah. I mean, that's what I've read. Be nice considering that you have to get a character to level 50 to unlock their weapon skill and you don't pick up nearly as much exp in Shosei mode.

So hey, some advice for everyone if/when DW8 comes out in English: don't put off Commander Mode or whatever they end up calling it until after you finish the story. Mix it in because it eventually provides decent sinks for money and a use for the massive numbers of weapons you'll be picking up.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

Is there anywhere that I can get ROTK or Nobunaga's Ambition without having to resort to importing and translator guides?

I just bought RoTK XI from Gamersgate.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

In further "DW8 IS OBVIOUSLY HAPPENING" news,

Justin Giddings was Ma Dai in DW7. Additionally Erin Fitzgerald, Cai Wenji's English VA, was in some stream chat for Skullgirls and

Just announce it Koei.

SirPhoebos posted:

Okay I tried to buy it, but it's not letting me download the game :(

That's weird. By "just bought" I mean like "yesterday", and I didn't have any trouble downloading and installing it. Is it not in your library on the left side of the page?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

GANDHITRON posted:

Question about DW8. Is there any bullshit system where you're limited in how many attacks you can perform fresh out of the gate? Like, how in DW7, you have to spend skill points to unlock the fifth and sixth normal and charge attacks? I hate crap like that.

It's tied to character level this time, but the requirements are pretty low. Seemed like from the third stage of any kingdom's story mode on everyone available would be at a level that let them use all of their charge attacks. You finish unlocking things for a character at level 26 with their last musou and proficiency star.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh yeah also, in DW8, when you start using a character that you haven't used before in a story mission other than the first, it automatically and permanently adjusts their level upwards so its appropriate for that stage. So like, you've ignored Liu Bei through almost all of the Shu storyline, and then use him for the last stage, he'll suddenly jump from level 1 to level 30.

Though Liu Bei's weapon situation may be pretty dire since you won't find a character's EX weapon in shops until you've played as them once. :argh:

e: I used Xiahou Dun in the first stage of Wei and then once more in the last stage, expecting that I'd be able to buy some nice three dot weapons for him before the stage began. Only to discover that there's no merchant before Wei's last stage. :(

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 15, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

After all, who does Cao Cao ever speak up to?

Maybe if he's accompanying you in Shosei mode?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

It's happening! PS3, early 2014.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Charles Martel posted:

So what makes 8 better than 7 to those who have played it?

Decloning all of the characters is the biggest thing to me. There's a unique EX weapon with a unique moveset for every single character, and the weapon switching thing from 7 returns so now you have the best of both worlds. Every character has like four musou attacks too. Being able to automatically mount your horse by holding L2 is huge. You can select from among a handful of characters for every stage in story mode so you're not just playing Sun Quan over and over again. I really like the way every kingdom's story mode has been split into two routes, one historical and one very not. Also co-op is back for story mode.

Most of the new characters are pretty cool too

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

^ YES

Oh my goddddddd just take all of my money! :retrogames: :retrogames: :retrogames:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Vakal posted:

Kingdom Under Fire 2 sounds like what you are looking for, but who knows when it is going to be released.

b-b-but Wikipedia says that it's coming out at the end of this month! :qq:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Tamamo-no-Mae

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Heard the Wii U version performed a little worse. :iiam:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

abagofcheetos posted:

Is Dynasty Warriors 8 going to be disc only in the US?

Can't see why it would be. They released the Japanese version on PSN and lately they've been putting all of these out digitally.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Jibo posted:

Well given how dismally the Koei games sell it's likely a combination of the two depending on your definition of failure. Honestly they seem perfectly aware of how much of a niche product it is and probably found that there's no way they are going to make money on a Sengoku Basara title outside of Japan.

How much that has to do with what they spend on localization and promotion is something I'd leave up to someone who actually has that information.

Really I wish I had continued to take Japanese lessons after highschool so I could play these games, which makes me feel like the biggest god drat nerd ever.

Koei games can't be doing that poorly because they sure do keep making and putting them out in English.

e: probably more accurate to just chalk it up to Capcom being a loving mess. Same poo poo Monster Hunter fans will eternally have to deal with.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 11, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

That looks worse than the PS3 version ran but it certainly does slow down in similar fashion when there are loads of dudes on screen. Rather than dropping frames like DW7 it slows down the gameplay like a SNES game or something.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Uh, weird. I checked PSN for DW8 like an hour ago and it was there, with the price listed and everything. Now I go back and it's "disc only" with no way to buy it and the price is gone? Did I miss it? :qq:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Superuser008 posted:

Oddly, when I searched for it in the PSN store, there were two listings for the game, one downloadable, one disc.

Huh. Well thanks to Policenaut I bought it anyway and now let's say 24 hours from now I might be able to play it. :tootzzz:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Play the tutorial. :ssh:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Wow they really didn't record any English VO for the story mode loading screens what the hell. :psyduck:

Does the music at least play during them in the 360 version this time?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

The GIG posted:

Does doing the What If objectives through story stage select affect anything, or do you need to go through the story again? Because I cleared the the mission to save Sun Ce, but I missed the pot the first time and got it on stage select, but I don't know what it means by affecting the Battle of Hefei and I don't think it happened.

You can do everything through stage select.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

If every single character has their own EX/unique weapon, then ok, that's new.

They do. That's what people meant.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Did they ever put out the Japanese voices DLC for DW8? Was thinking that might include the narration between stages.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's a rumor that Koei is going to announce Shin Gundam Musou this week. Boy, that's going to confuse the English title numbering even more, having Shin be the FOURTH game in the series.

Oh maaaaaaan. Except what, it would have a lot of AGE suits and characters? :geno:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

That's soon. Hope it still runs at 60 fps.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Missing that cel shading. Hope they still do that chain explosion thing with enemies. That was a lot of fun in Gundam 3.

e: more screenshots here: http://gematsu.com/2013/09/first-look-at-shin-gundam-musou

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 4, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Er, I don't think this ever got posted. There's a trailer for the next Gundam game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Vk3RA6csk

Check out that framerate being bad. :smith: But hey you can control a Big Zam and apparently Bearguy is in the game so get hype for that.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Didn't know a new Nobunaga's Ambition game had just come out :stare:

Speaking of PSN, has anyone seen any actual evidence that Shin Gundam Musou is coming out on the JP store this Thursday? I can't find it on the PSN site and that seems really weird because Koei puts like everything out on PSN.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Stelas posted:

Just in case you bought a WiiU and are feeling left out, Nintendo have your back.

:stare:

Feeling alright about this WiiU :haw:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Shin Gundam did come out on PSN btw.

e: some guy streaming it http://www.twitch.tv/fataldmg

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Schubalts posted:

What does any of that even mean? :psyduck:

The Iron Sheik is suggesting that if the Hyrule Warriors are in any way related to The Ultimate Warrior than Princess Zelda is the "biggest dumb bitch whore in the world".