Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Strikeforce was actually pretty cool so I dunno. Nobody talks about it because it was a PSP game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Revitalized posted:

I never looked much into it but wasn't it Dynasty Warriors except everyone could go super saiyan? And then there were some mythical creatures or something too?

Yeah it had those but also the basic gameplay was pretty different, kind of like a fast Monster Hunter. It's been a while and I can't remember every little detail but it really didn't play very much like your typical Dynasty Warriors. Also it was totally multiplayer-focused and as a result tended to be crushingly hard to play single player. And the super modes were nuts. Fights with officers would turn into crazy high-speed flying clusterfucks.

e: also went back to that old "every character has a bow with them" thing, and you really needed it.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 20, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Bought Gundam 4 but wasn't really jumping to play it. Finally did though and hey, turns out, still a fun game! Framerate isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, though maybe that's just because I'm coming off of Drakengard 3. Fun new feature: you can now charge your beam rifle or whatever projectile weapon you have before firing it by holding the triangle button. Any grunts hit by a charged shot will do the chain explosion thing if they die so you're basically firing your beam rifle into crowds and wiping them all out at once.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

iastudent posted:

Did DWG4 get a digital release?

Yeah, 7980 yen.

e: btw stages are more like they were in the second game also space is back. All of the suits I've used in the official mode so far seem to have had their movesets changed up.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 26, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

So, just to get up to speed, what Musou games are confirmed to be coming over but have not yet actually come over?

And are there any still in localization limbo?

That DW8 XL complete package thing and SW4 are confirmed coming out. They haven't said anything about Gundam 4.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Hope 8 runs better on PC than 7. I could never get it to maintain a solid framerate on a computer that definitely should have been capable of doing so. :iiam:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Lot of new movesets for old suits, you can charge ranged attacks to start chain explosions from range which is pretty great, there's a super mode like in DW8, stages are more like Gundam 2, space is back. The mobile armors have pretty boring and limited movesets unfortunately.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

The DLC costumes in 8 are really great. http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warriors_8/DLC

e: still the best

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 13, 2014

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Next Gundam game is coming out on June 27 in Europe and July 1 in North America.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Tae posted:

I think we only got the PC port because there was one existing in japanese before. There's no port for Gundam or SW 4, is there?

I always figured the PC ports were mostly being done for China and that SW and Gundam might not have as much of a market there.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

They just put out a new Nobunaga's Ambition.

e: on PS4 even

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

DW Online was basically dota

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Is Gundam Warriors like One Piece warriors, in that there are control points you need to capture by killing mooks in place of officers?

Haven't played One Piece but that sounds the same. Go to a big colored box on the map, kill a bunch of robots in it, capture it. In Reborn they sometimes have mobile fields attached to officers too.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

The Stamen DLC for Reborn might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a DW game. I don't even know what half of its attacks do.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Sindai posted:

Another DWGR question: how do you get good plans and other than the card unlocks? The campaign on normal only goes up to D. Does playing on Hard make a huge difference? Are there a bunch of really tough missions hidden in Ultimate mode?

Same question for rare materials too.

You get better plan drops on missions with more stars. There are some pretty tough ones further down the list in ultimate mode, and eventually you get the option to manually set the stars on any stage.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Allelujah's second musou is amazing. He just katamaris an entire field's worth of suits together into a big robot ball and then blows it up.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Dramicus posted:

Why does Japan hate us?

Because not enough of us buy their games.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

How poorly did Basara 3 actually sell? It's hard to believe that it did worse than something like Gundam Reborn. How much of the problem was Capcom blowing a shitload of money on totally unproductive advertising?

e: advertising costs that forced their sales requirements to totally unreasonable heights

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 7, 2014

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Here's how you really get good at DWGR fast:

Pick Sochie or Emma (or another character with Pride of a Woman.)

Pick Gundam DX.

Hey, look at that, your burst Musou is the comically and hilariously overpowered rolling twin satellite cannon.

Get to level 30. Now your Charge Musou is too.

Get 10,000 kills, which should take like 20 seconds.

Congrads. You've now won the game.

Second and even easier choice:

Play the Gundam SEED Destiny story mode. unlock the Destroy Gundam mission. Finish the Destroy Gundam mission. Now you have Destroy Gundam. You've won the game. Play the mission a second time to trivially get an S-Rank plan for it since you can effortlessly get 5,000 kills per stage.

Seems like a really boring way to play that game but ok

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

More fun than using a GM, yes, since you at least have more varied movesets should you get bored of nuking the maps.

Yeah I dunno, I kind of like using a lot of different suits even if they all can't clear fields in one shot. Just beelining for the best suit you can and steamrolling through everything? Of course you thought it was boring.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

alpha_destroy posted:

Okay fine; who real, not a conniving rear end in a top hat, and in Shu?

Edit: On a side, I downloaded the Japanese language pack, but then I played as Sima Yi all day. The good news is his constant laughing is just as charming in Japanese.

On this note, did they replace Sima Yi's jp voice actor in 8xl or did he just not have any new lines?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

None of the recent ones have had a Chinese dub. I think DW3 had one, and so did one of the later RoTKs.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

yourafagpleasedie posted:

Well if it doesnt have all the stuff it should, then its not really complete now loving is it? The backlash makes perfect sense to me.

"Includes all of the DLC" isn't written anywhere on the store page.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

Does anyone know if that comes with the PUK / quick and dirty mechanics expansion pack that Koei always does for their strategy games and Americans never get?

the PUK isn't out yet

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Bloodly posted:

Completely guessing; this is an experiment to see what happens. If this works...

But that doesn't explain why no localisation.

Because that costs a lot of money and would probably require the developers to drop whatever they're doing (the PUK) to work on it while just throwing the PC version they already made up on Steam is free money if even one person buys it. The only weird part is that it's the Chinese language version instead of the Japanese version.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

The new Bladestorm is coming out for ps3 and xbox one too.

Also,

quote:

This new edition of the game will be split up into two distinct sections. In the Hundred Years’ War portion, the game will focus on depicting the titular historical war, as before, featuring such historical figures as Edward, the Black Prince of Wales and Joan of Arc. Meanwhile, in the newly added Nightmare portion, the game will showcase battles in a fantasy world that feature creatures as goblins, cyclopses, and dragons, with the creatures themselves able to be utilized by players. The game is also set to this time let players switch between controlling four squads, as well as offer greater tactical depth than the previous incarnation all around.

Neat

e: oh it's actually just in the game's name. duuuuuuuuh

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 3, 2014

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

There's no way to get sales numbers from Steam unless the publisher decides to share them

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I'm really liking DW games with big monsters in them instead of just thousands of regular dudes

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

7 and Orochi Z and SW2 also came out on PC.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Wow just lost the stage with ghoma because it wouldn't stop beating the poo poo out of soldiers at the base long enough to let me hit it. Real dumb.

e: other than that it's cool. You can play on hard from the start without enemies being damage sponges which is nice.

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 27, 2014

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Actually no don't play on hard the first time because you end up spending 20+ minutes holding block and circling around zant waiting for him to do one of the two attacks that leave him open to countering because hey why bothering attacking normally when the two hits you can get off before he blocks take a hair-thin amount off of his life.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

The time is right, bring back Mystic Heroes

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I'm tooooooo_bad on wii u if anyone wants to add me. That's with 7 o's

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Its like they intentionally made the Twilight Princess enemies and stages as annoying as possible

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Be cool if they brought the rolling thing from hyrule warriors over to other games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Five minutes showing off Bladestorm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8AIqYgMXfw. It's more like an HD remaster of the original game, except for that whole fantasy mode with the dragons and stuff. Like I recognize a lot of these menus even. You can swap between four squads with the d-pad now which is a great addition.