Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Maaaan, it is kind of lame you have to beat a story level in single player to play it 2 player in 7/XL.

Edit: actually its annoying how if you buy 7 and XL at the same time, 7 is basically useless. No trophies, none of your progress is accessible for base 7... I wish there was some sort of 7 pass you could download to unlock the remix, instead of wasting a physical copy of 7.

abagofcheetos fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

So here's some more DW7: Empires screens

If the game really has only 7 areas to capture, then Next really is the true DW7: Empires.
If you are basing that on that Wu picture, I really don't think that is the case... the fact that the arrow is pointing to a smaller shaded area suggests to me that there are many more.

And this image is getting me giddy, and I don't even know what any of it is.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

I think that's just a post-battle results screen.

Yeah, but percentages, multipliers... I'm liking where it is going.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

It really doesn't look very interesting to me. Amount of fame gained, modified by number of enemy kills and allied losses, difficulty level and so on.

Oh really? I thought it would be something cooler than that :(

Maybe I am just weird for wanting all sorts of city building and economic type stuff to be added.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
oh my god

That is never being released in the US, is it? I haven't played any of the Samurai games, I didn't even realize that was a thing.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Karnegal posted:

Thanks, that helps. I'm gonna Amazon this in!

Keep checking Newegg, they are selling 7 for $20 and XL for $30. 7 is out of stock right now, but it seems to fluctuate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879247044
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879247048

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm actually amazed they haven't done something involving zombies with the system. Not that I want them to, mind you.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Cao Cao owns.

And I wish the DLC for 7/XL wasn't so stupidly expensive... I would gladly pay like $20 for all 7/XL DLC, but there is no way in hell I am dropping $5 a pop.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Belzac posted:

The only things that cost 5 dollars are the original costume packs. Don't buy those. The only DLC that actually affect gameplay and add more content are the new weapon packs and the Xtreme and Legend mission packs. If you get all those you're probably up to like 20 bucks.

The old costume DLC is only 1$ per pack which is a steal. Get that if you're really wanting new costumes.

But some of those original costumes are awesome :3:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Link looks more Asian than the entire DW cast.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a little worried that there haven't been any coop screens yet, but I am glad the morale bar seems to be back. Also, is this screen showing cards being used in battle?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

It's apparently a tablet game.

Yeah, iPhone/iPad.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151216178351163&set=a.224463376162.179499.48306691162

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

If you're really into the idea of DW7: Empires, then you might be glad to know that Tecmo Koei plans to release a demo for the game next month in Japan. You'll be able to create your own general and carry them over into the final version, but it probably won't work cross-region so you can just screw around until February. The article has a bunch of screenshots from TK's stage show if you're interested.

What the hell is that friend network thing at the bottom, with the cats?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
With a Revolving Halberd Car, one DOES simply drive into Mordor.

so sorry

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Scyther posted:

I gotta say, I'm not loving the visual redesigns for 8 so far. I mean some of them are fine, but others, like Xiahou Dun and Zhang Jiao look pretty bad.

Yeah, I kind of wish they would be a bit bolder. These are the incremental changes I would expect from like 7->7:XL, not 7->8.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Price is LAME, but $5 off with Sony card + $10 off with the PSN deal makes it bearable.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chachi posted:

You can only play co-op in DW7's conquest mode, unless you also get xtreme legends and load it into the session before you start. WO3 supports co-op right from the start.

And the XL coop addon to DW7 is weird, you can only play coop in levels you have already beaten :psyduck:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Leaping Mutton posted:

How does multiplayer work for DW7:Empires? Can you do it from the start or do you have to beat the levels first?

Coop has strange by I guess sensible restrictions... basically you can't do coop for everything, only missions where you are actually a ruler or whatever and are bringing additional troops. I have only played as a ruler so far, but from what I understand if you are just an officer or vagabond or whatever and are being told what to do, it is only single player. Also, when a ruler, player 2 basically just plays as one of your officers in battles, there aren't any decisions or whatever that they make.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
When you start a new Empires game and unlock weapons or whatever, do you have to spend that BP every time, or only once to unlock it?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The GIG posted:

Just a heads up, there's a number of edit mode outfits for $0.99US out and a few scenarios for $1.99 that came out last night.

EDIT: Also, the two Japanese gaming magazine weapons, the V-Jump sword and hook and the Famitsu Rocket Siege Spear are $0.49

Koei needs to do some season pass poo poo with these games... I would gladly just drop $15 and be able to download them all. I don't know why, but the ticky-tack buying of all these little things turns me off.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The GIG posted:

New Empires DLC is out, 2 armor sets at .99, an armor pack containing 2 different sets at 1.99, a Scenario based on The Water Margin(I think?) containing two abodes and a new Twin Sword for 3.99, and a free accessory pack.

Also, a free "fantasy" scenario pack, which has a scenario and two fantasy setting castles.

Some of the castles they have are freaking cool, especially that western bar one.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This was posted to one of Koei's 50000 Facebook accounts:

edit: changed image url

abagofcheetos fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 3, 2013

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is Dynasty Warriors 8 going to be disc only in the US?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The online store says disc only... but perhaps it is a placeholder?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

So glad they are offering this. If they keep the 2 person share for the PS4 I will get every single game I buy on PSN, no hesitation.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
DW8 is up in the PSN store... only 18.2 GB :shepface:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dj_de posted:

Actually if you do the things on mission that would cause a path break, without already doing the main story first, the game continues on like the other stuff didn't happen. So you can actually save someone that was supposed to die and have everyone be happy he's alive, then the next cinema talks about him being dead

And the game pretends player two doesn't exist, so for instance one level there were two Xiahou Duns running around :psyduck:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Gotta say, I am very impressed they were able to top the insanity of 7's intro movie. Never thought I would ever witness someone mounting a horse, in mid air, while said horse is upside down, but here we are.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Perdido posted:

What's the best way to grind Materials in Ambition Mode? I've typically been sending troops off to search the first Province from the Barracks, hitting up the Stables every 3 fights, but I'm sure there's something I'm missing, hahah.

I wonder this too. Materials are by far the grindiest part of Ambition Mode... fame and allies were relatively easy, but I probably have a couple hundred materials left before I get to 100%, and I don't even want to know how many until I max out everything.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is it just me, or is the story of 7 vastly superior than it is in 8? I just finished the Wei campaign, and first off it just ended really abruptly I thought, but overall I thought it was a kind of incoherent mess. It felt like they jumped around too much, and never really explained much or gave the motivation for what the hell was going on. A lot of the events were portrayed really half-assed I thought as well... for instant the Dian Wei death battle was terrible compared to 7. The Zhang Liao kills 5 billion men fight was atrocious, those two new Wei characters in that fight are like two of the worst characters in the entire game.

I mean, the game kicks total rear end, and feels amazing to play, I just wish the whole narrative was as tight as it was in 7.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Perdido posted:

Get the Barracks maxed out as soon as possible and spend 10k to send troops to Yi Province (I think) for materials.
Do nothing but Skirmishes. Don't worry about getting Allies or Fame, you'll max those out incredibly easily.
Unlock the Stables and get it maxed out. Stables can earn you materials as well.
Also, max out the Smith. Order should be Barracks > Stables > Smith.
Don't worry about getting max fame/allies and unlocking the Academy. Yes, you can buy stats/exp with gold, but there's a really simple exploit you can do to level characters up if that's your inclination:

Also, DON'T UPGRADE THE MERCHANT.

When you start, it gives you 2 facility materials for every weapon material. But for some reason, after you upgrade it a bunch, it only gives you 1 :iiam:

(I mean, it lowers the facility->weapon conversion to 1:1, but who gives a gently caress about that?)

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

PureRok posted:

What's weird is the JP version apparently has a narrator. So they just excised it. I wonder if they couldn't get the guy who usually does it or maybe they just felt like saving some money.

I don't get why companies don't just go to a university and get students to do the voice acting. It would cost them all of $100 for lunch probably and the kids would throw themselves at the developers to get something on their resume.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFA08BJUtPo

I think I watch this monthly, if not weekly.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OatmealRaisin posted:

All I'm saying is if Lu Bu is at least somewhat tough to kill in DW9 I totally called it and should get like a million bucks.

Over/under on Liu Bei saying benevolence: 5,000,000

I'LL TAKE THE OVER

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Speedball posted:

That version of Lu Bu is black?

And Guan Yu is a dilophosaurus.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chortles posted:

I have no idea what this means,

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I am TOTALLY waiting to get that for the PS4 :getin:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Koei posted this to one of their Facebook pages:

Apparently they are putting real work into the port?

edit: granted, it looks like basically the same model, but with better textures...

abagofcheetos fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 15, 2013

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Is that a Dynasty Warriors clock at the end???????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Have they confirmed local coop for the PS4 version? I guess it would be dumb if they don't have it, but I haven't seen any screenshots of it.