Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

The GIG posted:

I could be just me, but in WO3 does the Samurai Warriors Muosu attacks seem very weak? It honestly feels stronger to just do the Muosu special attacks most of the time.
Might be a stupid question, but you are aware that you need to hold down the musou button for them to do their special musou attacks? It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that out.

e:f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure that Nobunaga has magic powers because he was also interested in foreign sorcery, i.e. Christianity.
I would say that's more because of the whole Oda Nobunaga was a demon meme.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Belzac posted:

The only things that cost 5 dollars are the original costume packs. Don't buy those.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

The GIG posted:

Dynasty Warriors won't end until they have mapped through the history of China and literally made every person in Chinese military history a playable character.

EDIT: By the way, Sun Tzu should be a secret unlockable one of these days.
Why stick with military history? I want to unleash Deng Xiaoping's musou on the Gang of Four.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

MissileWaster posted:

The last Dynasty Warriors game I played was 5, so I'm looking into possibly getting 7 at some point. Since there's an Xtreme Legends, do I just need to get that? Or is it like just an expansion pack that requires the original game in order to play Musou mode?
It's an expansion pack that requires the original game in order to play Musou mode. I'm not certain because I don't have any friends, but I believe XL is required to play campaign in coop.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Dynasty Warriors Goulash. :colbert:

e: ^^^ Could be worse. Dynasty Warriors Flash, a Newgrounds exclusive. ^^^

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Tequila posted:

So does that mean that the DW7XL disc has all of the content from the original DW7 on it and I will be able to unlock everything if I poopsock hard enough?
No, you won't be able to access the campaign/musou mode (and conquest mode?) no matter how hard you poop.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Nothing comes between Dung Ai and his doody.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

You do know that you don't actually have to do achievements, right?

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Warriors Orochi 1 also came out in English on the PC. There is also an abandoned translation fanpatch for Warriors Orochi Z (WO1+2), iirc it translated the UI and the Shu campaign of WO2.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

5er posted:

I've always been partial to Zhang Liao's "HONOR! FIGHTING! LET'S FIGHTING HONOR FIGHT! *serious grimaces everywhere*" thing. An amusing juxtaposition of propriety, restraint, and pure assbeating bloodlust.
My name is ZHANG LIAO, and I am here to FIGHT! :krad:

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Jimbot posted:

Hearing them call him Cow Cow was beyond funny.
Cow Cow and his son Cow Pie.

Jimbot posted:

Empires 7 was released today in Europe, anyone pick it up?
Sort of. I preordered it, but the place I ordered from got too few units at first so I won't get the game until early next week, hopefully Monday. And I was planning on using it to celebrate that I wrote an exam today :(.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Marshals can give orders, strategists get extra slots for stratagems, prefects are able to secede.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Bloodbath posted:

Does anyone know if DW7 Xtreme legends was released in Australia? I'm having a bit of trouble finding it on shop websites, or was it a PS store thing?

I'm slightly bored of Empires and I missed DW7 when it came out, and I miss the storytelling aspect. Is XL worth hunting down or is DW7 worth it alone?
If you can get XL on the cheap it is worth it, it doesn't really add anything significant to the campaign (I seem to remember a Guo Jia-spotting). It's nice to have proper weapons for Xiahou Dun and friends though.

Additionally, if you are one of those masochists who must get every trophy then you will need to play the game without XL, as XL won't award the trophies of the base game.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Still no fork though. I want the fork back! Lu Su has a rake so you can't tell me fighting with a giant fork is too silly.
Forking is not appropriate for a decent young lady.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

The tragedy is not that he slipped and died. The tragedy is that he had the temerity to think he had the talent to walk on slippery surfaces. IMBECILE!

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

gently caress yes.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Charles Martel posted:

Am I correct when assuming one should not start out on Hard or Chaos difficulty when first playing DW7?
Yes. Since levels are persistent between playthroughs, higher difficulties should not be attempted until you've significantly levelled up your characters.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Pure valor and love. No sugar.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Kurui Reiten posted:

You can't earn trophies for the original game while using Xtreme Legends, but the Xtreme Legends characters cameo in the story mode if you use it. There's no real major differences though.
Also, you get to use the new weapon types as well. So if you don't care about trophies, go for XL.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Is it so big because of an additional download, like Japanese voices? How in the hell is it so huge? :confused:
15 gigs are improved game play. It's just that simple.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Jibo posted:

Xu Zhu on the farm will give you materials from time to time. He's the only one I've gotten to do poo poo though.
I think anyone on farm duty will give you materials occasionally. There might be some variation in what they give you, I have Huang Zhong there and he consistently gives me ~10 weapon materials :stare:, but that could be due to upgrading the farm rather than it being him. I haven't played around with it to test it.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Parlett316 posted:

The character models should be based on original artwork from the book.
Some are, like Zhang He.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

That guy from Dynasty Warriors 3. For all of them.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

"Xiahou Yuan was actually a better dancer than that."

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

PureRok posted:

It was alright, but it's super grindy and you only got to play the same 2 maps over and over for a long time.
It was also hilariously unbalanced, unless they changed things in the years since I played. One of the weapons could be used to infinitely juggle an opponent.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Croccers posted:

So out of 7, 8 and 7 Empires. What is the best one to grab. Last one I played was 3
Depends a bit on what you want, but I would say go with 7. The mechanics are a bit improved with 8 and unlike 7 there are no cloned move sets if that sort of thing bothers you but the whole presentation in 7 is just so much better, especially the campaigns.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Samurai Sanders posted:

One problem with the civil war is that existing Musou games portray each side as being "right" in their own way, that means they would have to say slavery is right.
Isn't this a fairly recent addition to the Dynasty Warriors franchise? I don't have a ton of experience with the earlier games, but I remember lord Cow Cow being portrayed as an unambiguous greedy/selfish bad guy until DW7.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Jibo posted:

1. They changed Zhang Liao's voice actor and he is not nearly as good. Kind of sounds like Liu Bei now.
THIS SERIES IS DEAD TO ME

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Unlucky7 posted:

I have never played an Empires game before. Is this worth getting? My PS4 needs to be sent in for repairs and I do not care to get Xterme Legends on PS3 or Vita just so I can continue my DW8 game in the meantime.
I'll be contrary and say the the Empires games are not worth getting unless you are desperate for more DW to play. The strategy side is very shallow and the action side tends to feel more like a grind unless you really like beating up random mooks - your kingdom is pretty much unable to successfully attack or defend without you. On the plus side, you can marry Dong Zhuo.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

I'm pretty sure that was in the novel.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

And he has a funny name.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think it's just the "ng". It's a rare and somehow inherently funny sound in English, but extremely common and unremarkable in languages from that area.
I think it's just that when it comes to Man Chong my mind always reads Chong as a portmaneau of Chowder and Dong.

edit: ^^^ Oh that's just just perfect. Man Chowder/Dong Boning

e2: Also I am 14 years old.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Ok, this I did not expect.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

straight jerkers posted:

The DLC costumes in 8 are really great. http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Dynasty_Warriors_8/DLC

e: still the best

I'm more of a DW7 kind of guy.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Tae posted:

So is money ever a problem for story mode, because I'm just rolling in dough and have still way too many dinky weapons to sell off.
No, but in Ambition mode you can use money to upgrade your characters. Not sure if XL added any other money sinks.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Zhang Liao's new voice actor is atrocious. Do we know why they changed?

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Takoluka posted:

Maybe I don't see it. Like, names like Deng Ai and Man Chong sound fine to me, but Dong Tuna just strikes a chord so perfectly.
Deng Ai would be fine with me if it weren't for the fact that they pronounce it Dung Eye and he is constantly talking about his doody.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

She's also in the RTK strategy games (at least in RTK XI).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Speedball posted:

I'm really liking Chen Gong. His scroll of war is pretty nifty and I love how he's a crazy pretentious strategist who wants to play with the big boys.
The funny thing is how different he is compared to the novel (although he is hardly the only character that applies to). In the novel he betrays Dong Zhuo and helps Cao Cao to flee because he finds out that Dong Zhuo is a tyrannical poo poo. Then Cao Cao murders an innocent friend of the Cao family to protect his own reputation, which makes Chen Gong leave Cao Cao as well. Somehow he ends up with Lu Bu, discovers that he is basically a bastard as well, so when he is caught after the battle of Xiapi he basically says "execute me so I don't have to deal with you shits anymore" and Cao Cao obliges him.